Late for the t7 rancor party

Our guild is finally going to breach into rancor heroic. We need all the advice we can get, for example, what are good teams for each phase, and what are the hp for t7 compared to t6. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Ok I'll start.

P1 - 1.8m
    Teebo, wiggs, qgj, 5s/phasma
    Teebo, qgj, rey, gs, 5s/phasma
    Are the 2 teams I've used. They will solo p1 and some of p2.
  • let the guy with teebo qgj wiggs and phasma/5s solo p1, then go zerg
  • EE is also useful to feed tm to Teebo
  • For a first attempt I'd use darthawkop's recommendation of having someone designated to solo P1 if that's an option. For P2 and P3 I'd recommend having Everyone attack once before attacking again, so you all have a chance to knock down the door and maximize your damage. P4 Zerg. I'd also tell your guild mates as a general rule to retreat with their current team if they see that a phase is complete... at least until you beat it once. You may also want to solicit a merc from the forums before your attempt in case you run out of steam in P4. Good Luck!
  • If no wiggs, go Teebo, Qui Gon, 5s, Phasma, Elder
  • You do not need wiggs at all.. never used in primary teams for rancor personally

Its all about TM...i use for p1-p3 teebo ee phasma gs qgj... can solo p1 and record is 70% of p2... once tm is gone just throw everything you have at it cause p4 is brutal.. lower geared squads will just get one shotted with the big stump

As above until u get used to it try have one person solo p1 as you dont want to lose too much double dmg

Good luck its fun times
  • Teebo lead with maximum potency and omega'd basic and leader is non-negotiable if you need more damage.

You will also want a speed-down toon; Phasma, Fives, and Jawa all do that well.

You will also want more control; QGJ (with omega'd basic), Rex, Tusken Raider, and Chewie can all do that. QGJ and Rex are your best bets, as they're useful elsewhere and have decent base potency. Ewok Elder can feed Teebo (and the rest of your team) turn meter and has a handy revive and heal.

If you don't think you can solo a phase using just control toons (probably the case) you also want to include one or two DPS toons. Wedge, Geonosian Soldier, Biggs with Wedge, and Rey all do that phenomenally.

If you have Dengar at seven stars, he works wonders when paired with Phasma for Tenacity Down if you're having trouble sticking the turn meter reduction or speed down. Simply make sure Phasma gives Dengar advantage for a guaranteed critical hit to inflict speed down, then watch the turn meter disappear with Teebo!

The aforementioned strategies are great; you want to have one (1) person solo phase one if possible to minimize overlapped damage, control the speed at which people attack in phases two and three to maximize the number of times the door can be used, and go all-out on phase four.

In phases two and three, make as much use of the door as possible. Geonosian Soldier gets 50% turn meter for every critical and the door guarantees critical hits, so absolutely abuse that.

Once a member's TM reduction team has gone down, toss weak toons at the Rancor until the door goes back up, then throw in all DPS to use the door.

Best of luck! If you get stuck let us know so we can help you out!
  • Teebo, EE, Phasma, Dengar, Tusken Raider

Start in p1...and then finish the raid.
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    P1 - Teebo, 5s (Don't omegas 5s basic for best results), QGJ, Phasma, and Genosian Soldier is who I used forever. Usually completed P1 and 20-25% of P2. Currently I use Teebo, Wiggs, QGJ, and Phasma and I can auto most of it until I switch to manual (my personal best is 50% of P2). And as far as a guild strategy, only have individuals with P1 teams attacking that phase. Once someone can solo it you may want to run a rotation until you're sure you have enough firepower to kill the Rancor easily.

P2 & P3 - just have each team attack once so they can use the door and your guild can maximize damage.

Finally, P4, just through everything you have left at it.
  • What does zerg mean exactly?

It's means hit it as hard as you can as much as you can.
  • P4 OB lead if you have him. Gotta dodge that slam if possible.

Why would you not zerg? Isn't the goal to hit as hard as you can?
  • Dengar can help you solo the entire raid. I've seen videos. Lol

Why would you not zerg? Isn't the goal to hit as hard as you can?

If 20 people throw their best Teebo lead teams at P1 and someone solos it the other 19 teams are completely wasted and are now unavailable for later phases.

The term "Zerg" comes from the Zerg race in the very popular game Starcraft. They got a rather weak basic unit that fought hand to hand but could be built in large quantities early in the game. Going "full Zerg" or doing a "Zerg rush" has become synonymous with charging straight in without regard for casualties to overwhelm an opponent by sheer speed and weight of units.