Rancor heroic - is TIE fighter pilot any good?

Hey guys, does TIE fighter pilot have a successful basic tenacity down on the rancor heroic ?
If yes which potency does he need?

My team right now is:
Teebo, Ee, QGJ, Rey, phasma

Replies

• MetxChris
    112 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Tenacity down does not require a potency check, and will not be resisted if the attack lands.
  • Oo wow that s great.. I just need to mod him with critical chance then and my teebo will not need anymore 90% potency. Right?
  • Put it this way. I made it to p3 with tfp the very first time I tried him in rancor raid, and I have never made it to 50% in p2 previously.
  • Benr3600 wrote: »
    Put it this way. I made it to p3 with tfp the very first time I tried him in rancor raid, and I have never made it to 50% in p2 previously.

nice, which team did you use?

• Well apparently you can now solo p1 in 5 min with a zeta'd vader
    Put it this way. I made it to p3 with tfp the very first time I tried him in rancor raid, and I have never made it to 50% in p2 previously.

Teebo, qgj, tfp, tr, phasma
  • i have the same team as u and recently replaced rey for tfp. He's not so geared yet and doesn't hit that hard as rey but the tenacity down helped teebo a lot.
    Benr3600 wrote: »

Teebo, qgj, tfp, tr, phasma

is TR tusken raider ?
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I tried a team of Teebo, TFP, QGJ, Fives, EE instead of my usual team of Teebo, QGJ, Dengar, EE, ES.

The TFP team did much worse and didn't even clear p1 - the problem is that, although TFP is great at applying tenacity down, he gets loads of turns and his damage isn't that high against only one debuffed opponent. So the pig captain / rancor get loads of TM gains.

My usual team can clear p1-3 but it does take a VERY long time!
  • Sarryen's tfp might no be geared then. My tfp got a million damage in the rancor heroic raid. He hit for 12k a lot & applies tenacity down bettter than dengar (in my opinion). I used teebo, qgj, ee, tfp & phasma.
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    My TFP is g10 and has pretty good mods (e.g. 248 speed and just under 3000 base damage, 40% crit chance and 180% crit damage).

To be fair, my bad run coincided with ludicrously bad RNG due to the Teebo bug (he was unstealthed about 60-70% of the entire battle) so I may have written the team off too soon.

The point about him getting lots of extra turns and feeding the captain/rancor TM is valid though - you might actually want him to be slower so that Teebo and QGJ can get a turn to remove TM.

And I agree he is MUCH more reliable than Dengar for applying tenacity down.
  • DarthxMaul wrote: »
    Well apparently you can now solo p1 in 5 min with a zeta'd vader

Many do that day in and out already, sans TFP. Heck, I do it with Teebo, Wiggs, QGJ, and 5s, and that's not even on Auto. I can get to P3 with the same team (depends on RNG, especially with Teebo's jacked up leader ability). There's nothing special with Vader Zeta, aside from the high crits, but that team is dead after P1, so what's the point?
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    A whale in my guild did 9 mil first run with TFP. Granted, he prob coulda got that with 5 dif lineups but he's certainly decent.
  • Sarryen wrote: »
    My TFP is g10 and has pretty good mods (e.g. 248 speed and just under 3000 base damage, 40% crit chance and 180% crit damage).

To be fair, my bad run coincided with ludicrously bad RNG due to the Teebo bug (he was unstealthed about 60-70% of the entire battle) so I may have written the team off too soon.

The point about him getting lots of extra turns and feeding the captain/rancor TM is valid though - you might actually want him to be slower so that Teebo and QGJ can get a turn to remove TM.

And I agree he is MUCH more reliable than Dengar for applying tenacity down.

Oh you just had bad luck with teebo. That always sucks when that happens. The two raids I used him (tfp) he has came through for me. His speed hasn't really caused problems for me (mine is around 240).
  • MetxChris wrote: »
    Tenacity down does not require a potency check, and will not be resisted if the attack lands.
    @MetxChris and others, does this apply only to the raid or is it game-wide?

• The worst part is when you are doing a really great run an Teebo is like "Nah that's enough" and stops going Stealth. It took so long to get there, so you probably wouldn't retreat.
  • ddlooping2 wrote: »
    MetxChris wrote: »
    @MetxChris and others, does this apply only to the raid or is it game-wide?

This is a global feature, as tenacity down is meant to counteract tenacity up. If tenacity down did require a potency roll, then it would be resisted 100% of the time against a toon with tenacity up.
  • Thanks for the confirmation, @MetxChris. :)
  • My tm reduction moves still get resisted quite often when I land tenacity down with tfp. So I'm lead to believe that it isnt true. Am I missing something? A mechanic I didnt know about?
  • Yeah same here
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Kyleach15 wrote: »
    My tm reduction moves still get resisted quite often when I land tenacity down with tfp. So I'm lead to believe that it isnt true. Am I missing something? A mechanic I didnt know about?

There's always a base 15% chance to resist. That's part of the reason why tenacity mods suck.
  • Do you think a Team of teebo, ee, tfp, qgj and 5s will do any good in Phase 2+3?