Do P2P actually need F2P players in SWGOH...

Or are we merely easy targets for them who provide respite from other spenders? I can see how spenders fund this game, and therefore how F2P is dependent on them.
Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion

Replies

• Omnirhyze wrote: »
    Or are we merely easy targets for them who provide respite from other spenders? I can see how spenders fund this game, and therefore how F2P is dependent on them.

Lol your perspective paints a negative picture. At most you have 5 whales per leaderboard. Most players are f2p or small p2p. don't focus on negative things like this and strengthen your squad!
  • Jsnazz
    349 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @ OP

The answer is no because killing scripted AI is what we do. There is no segregation between P2p or F2P.

Its all about racing to defeat the richest scripted AI and making EA rich.

I don't even remember the #1 player on my server since there are so many different players trying to mount each other to take the trap call money pit.
    Post edited by Jsnazz on
  • Jugilismaani
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    -
    Post edited by Jugilismaani on
  • Most F2P go P2P btw, minority stay F2P they have incredible patience and can wait longer to build a better team :).
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • So I was partially right about us being easy targets then? We're also supposed to be hopeful audiences of EA to be persuaded to spend money

I'm actually okay with my arena rank, but seeing F2P players being possible exceptions from consideration worries me.

Also, if I had an expensive, powerfully synergized team, I'd be happy with that alone. I wouldn't need F2P to make me feel good about my squad.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    1. F2P make up the majority population.
    2. P2P see us as a threat. So they have to spend money to stay at the top. Once they stop spending, F2P will surpass them.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    42898000.jpg
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Vampire_X wrote: »
    42898000.jpg

Lol
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
  • Without f2p 90% of p2p players would cry because they wouldn't have so many easy to beat teams then.
  • +2 back @ Vampire_X.

I am sick of the whole P2P vs. F2P thing. :/
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Yep it's like San Francisco ruining pizza first the Hawaiians now them...

We must revolt against this non sense and only post interrupted pic posts going forward ... Perhaps we score it for fun ?? :D
    Yep it's like San Francisco ruining pizza first the Hawaiians now them...

We must revolt against this non sense and only post interrupted pic posts going forward ... Perhaps we score it for fun ?? :D

23r705d.jpg
  • TommySitt wrote: »
    The game needs F2P because they can give word of mouth advertising, and may occasionally even make a small purchase. When we get guilds and such the P2W will need the F2P, for socialization, and rewards that require guild member participation.Also, no one's joining an MMORPG just to battle a bunch of other whales. It's a lot of fun to jockey for #1 with maybe 10-20 key players in the server, but if the server were all whales, it would be frustrating to pay over $1k and not have any advantage, getting sniped by numerous other P2W. You can get good results in a mixed server since other whales may not be up on the latest META and you put the best team together regarding synergy, but in an all-whale server you'll be competing against probably 100 or more that really know what they're doing.

Imagine paying $1k or more and just being average. The whales pay to be in the top 5-10% of their server, and dominate everyone else. If it were just 100% whales, their experience would be more or less the same as a F2P gamer under normal circumstances. Basically, they need a reason to pay the $1k. Without average players, there's no feeling of superiority.

You don't have to be a whale to even be in the top 1% on most servers. Just play smarter. All my squad is F2P easily farmable toons that I got through Cantina, GW and Arena shipments
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Yes, the pictures humor me too lol. And I know both @BentWookie and @Vampire_X have contributed to GOH, so I won't judge them by these individual posts. I'm sure their thought-provoking images will undoubtedly facilitate additional inputs from other respected users that will hopefully be on topic.

I respect a saying that threads are made useless by the posts, and not by the topic itself, but surely this isn't worth mentioning, not with the direction this thread is taking, right?

Anyway, if you want to see this as a F2P vs P2P thing, I can't change the way you think.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    We all agree the game needs both so the post adds no substance ... I don't think your trolling but it's the critical mass of paying vs free posts that just no longer have any validity because the arguement always becomes the same circular loop of thought

But the picture dance is going to work and spark new ways to communicate here until we can lower the toxic nature of the forum
    42898000.jpg

lol
  • Omnirhyze wrote: »
    Anyway, if you want to see this as a F2P vs P2P thing, I can't change the way you think.

I don't *want* to think of it that way, but the premise of this thread kind of makes it that way.. :|