Now that we know it's coming don't change it.

War
932 posts Member
edited December 2016
So Palpatine event has been confirmed as everybody knows by now. There have been some changes since he was first released, namely the level cap raise. There have also been comments here and there about how the event should be buffed up because of that. Well here's why it shouldn't.

First, it only punishes those that did not get or 7 star him the first time. This event is not re-playable, for all the "it was too easy the first time," it doesn't matter for you. So you're just asking to make it harder for other players.

Second, 5 levels does not equate to gear level increases. I could go and level the Rebels I have on standby for the event to level 85, but that won't increase their gear levels. Which is where the real stat increases come from. So increasing the recommended gear level from 8-9 to 9-10 makes no sense.

Third, level 85 isn't even common for everyone yet. I just recently obtained level 85 and I buy 2 refreshes everyday, which means they're are those who aren't yet level 85. It also means I haven't had time to farm level 85 gear pieces for my Rebels if I wanted to get them that high. Which is basically a continuation of the second reason.

Fourth, look at the topics that have started since the announcement. Everyday there are new topics about people asking if their Rebel squad is up to the task, often times posting gear levels that just meet the recommended gear levels from last time. And people have answered with " Yeah, that's similar to what I had last time, you should be fine."

That means people, like I said, are just meeting the minimum requirements from last time. Don't dash all their hopes and make liars of the people who have answered that they're ready for the event. That would be a truly terrible thing to do.

I'm not saying to never change up the event, but for this time around it's just too soon.

Replies

• Its fine as it is, I hope they don't change a thing.
  • It was a joke it was so easy last time. And that was without using Wiggs. With lvl increase and new g11 toons, they have to buff it.
  • It shouldn't change. Lots of new players don't have a 7* rebel squad yet. A lot of older players were probably farming for raid or arena. So the average player without ep will not be stronger than last time.

I, on the other hand, have been farming rebels since last event. My rebels should be ready for it. Unless the requirements are like the aat raid.
  • it 100% needs to be buffed big time, it didn't take very high geared rebels last time because people didn't farm them back then, so now that wiggs has been meta and everyone and their mom has been farming rebels it needs to be scaled up so that not everyone can obtain him. He is meant to be a high end very powerful character and not easily obtainable. When this event happens and if 90% of the people playing this game have him than EA/CG will end up nerfing the heck out of him and that will not be good for anyone
  • I can see a "bonus round" like the K-2SO event has. The original stages will probably be the same, then the bonus round will be buffed.
  • Sao
    47 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    War wrote: »
    I'm not saying to never change up the event, but for this time around it's just too soon.

So, basically, you are askig for no change to the event just for you (after you obtain him, you will be indifferent to buffing this event)?

Or you're saying the event reappeared too soon?
  • Last time it was a participation award - Have 5 Rebels at 7* = profit.

Doubt they made it much harder, but I can understand your concern seeing how rare the event is.
    Id make sure to stockpile ressources to boost your chosen 5 if it turns out to be harder than expected.
  • Sorry but I haven't got palp and I hope they do buff it. Last time people thought it was easy yes and it shouldn't have been palp is a great character he should be hard to get. Now you can't take away palp from already obtained but you can stop weaker players from getting him just because they have overshot his level by 5 now lol

If we are at 85 then palp should be raised to 85 regardless he's a strong toon he should make you sweat and worry that you're not gonna get him and it should be a massive victory to get him
  • P2W is crying and scarried here... They will lose their adventage over F2P that dont have palp.
    It is not fair to change the rules of the game just so that those who pay to win stop crying
  • Awesome. Now I have see everything on these forums...even preemptive complaining....just in case. lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Skarcha_EA wrote: »
    P2W is crying and scarried here... They will lose their adventage over F2P that dont have palp.
    It is not fair to change the rules of the game just so that those who pay to win stop crying

Many players that have 7* Palp are f2p. Just saying.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Awesome. Now I have see everything on these forums...even preemptive complaining....just in case. lol

First time for everything, I guess. smh.
    Skarcha_EA wrote: »
    P2W is crying and scarried here... They will lose their adventage over F2P that dont have palp.

When they "re-balance" events it never has anything to do with P2P or F2P, but to do with in-game changes. They re-balanced the assault events because mods were released between the two iterations and had to be accounted for. Yoda was re-balanced to account for a very significant cap raise (and then nerfed because waa waa). In this instance, the only difference from last time (which, awesomely enough, was in August) is cap raise to 85, which I doubt will be enough to do much, if any, re-balancing.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Awesome. Now I have see everything on these forums...even preemptive complaining....just in case. lol

First time for everything, I guess. smh.
    Skarcha_EA wrote: »

When they "re-balance" events it never has anything to do with P2P or F2P, but to do with in-game changes. They re-balanced the assault events because mods were released between the two iterations and had to be accounted for. Yoda was re-balanced to account for a very significant cap raise (and then nerfed because waa waa). In this instance, the only difference from last time (which, awesomely enough, was in August) is cap raise to 85, which I doubt will be enough to do much, if any, re-balancing.

The level was increased and that made palp, vader, and royal guard be able to go to the next gear tier, so they should do that at least
  • Kcm
    84 posts Member
    You have to be lvl 85 to do the EP event?
  • Kcm wrote: »
    You have to be lvl 85 to do the EP event?

No.
  • If it gets increased then no one will ever get the emperor unless they spend money. Face it, in less than 6 months it will be level 90 and even higher gear levels. The increases will continue on, and if the event gets chaned, most people will not be able to keep getting the gear and resources to keep making their rebels better. Plus it would be unfair because last time the event came out, people were able to get the emperor at how the event was. They have had the advantage of having the emperor at 7 stars for 6 months while others are lucky to have the emperor at 5 or 6 stars. Many still do not have the emperor.
  • What so there is gear requirements for the event?!
  • If it gets increased then no one will ever get the emperor unless they spend money. Face it, in less than 6 months it will be level 90 and even higher gear levels. The increases will continue on, and if the event gets chaned, most people will not be able to keep getting the gear and resources to keep making their rebels better. Plus it would be unfair because last time the event came out, people were able to get the emperor at how the event was. They have had the advantage of having the emperor at 7 stars for 6 months while others are lucky to have the emperor at 5 or 6 stars. Many still do not have the emperor.

But they players who unlocked him back in...August...also did not have the advantage of having level 85 heroes or higher gear levels that go along with it. Nor did they have the advantage of having Fleet Shipments available for various shards and gear. That's one of the best "stores" in the game. It's all relative. All players are stronger now than they were in August (except those that have started since then). The event should be stronger as well - to make it "equally" difficult to obtain this time around.

Just because some players (who either started earlier, paid more or focused on Rebels more) already have him, doesn't mean it should be made relatively easier for everyone else this time around (and not changing it does make it relatively easier, for the reasons mentioned above).

• War
    932 posts Member
    It was a joke it was so easy last time. And that was without using Wiggs. With lvl increase and new g11 toons, they have to buff it.

Not everybody uses Wiggs, and the toons people take to gear 11 will have been their arena toons, not necessarily Rebel ones.
    it 100% needs to be buffed big time, it didn't take very high geared rebels last time because people didn't farm them back then, so now that wiggs has been meta and everyone and their mom has been farming rebels it needs to be scaled up so that not everyone can obtain him. He is meant to be a high end very powerful character and not easily obtainable. When this event happens and if 90% of the people playing this game have him than EA/CG will end up nerfing the heck out of him and that will not be good for anyone

Your assuming everyone is farming and using Rebels as their mains, and not bench characters. Wiggs may be meta but not everyone likes to run meta. A lot of people simply have a Rebel team on standby for events, which means they're likely not be gear 11 toons.
    Sao wrote: »
    War wrote: »

So, basically, you are askig for no change to the event just for you (after you obtain him, you will be indifferent to buffing this event)?

Or you're saying the event reappeared too soon?

I'm saying yes the event reappeared too soon. Level 85 is still super new so people haven't had time to take their real team to level 85 gear 10-11, much less bench teams. Personally I think it's healthier for games to have events at all levels so people still leveling can participate. When the game goes to 90 there will still be level 70-80 players who would love to get EP, so I think it should stay a level 80 event indefinitely.

I only mentioned the thing about changing it up later to help mitigate some of the it should be buffed responses.
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Not so much preemptive complaining as trying to reach the devs on this issue. They do look at these forums and I'd like them to be aware that buffing the event wouldn't be a good thing to do.

And to everyone saying the level cap raise has raised everyone's team power, yes that's technically true, I took my Darth Vader to gear 11 last month. Will I be able to use him in the event? no I won't. People are assuming everyone's running this Rebel meta, and that's just not true.
  • I hope the devs see this and promptly bump Palp up to level 90 just like they did with Yoda. This event should be at least as tough as the Military Might assault battle. I'd say level 85, G11, with 6 lvl 15 5 dot mods equipped
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • I was able to auto all 7 levels in like 3 mins last time, even if they adjust it I'm guessing it won't be that difficult
  • I'm straddling both sides of the fence, I was just able to get him to 5* by the skin of my chin last time and my rebels were extremely weak. Now I have G11 Lando and Sthan, G10 wiggs, and G8 AA which should be more than enough to get him. I want everyone who has invested time for their rebels ( I've been working on them since the last event) to get him but I don't want every player in the game to have a seven stared palpatine because it would make him far less viable and he would either get nerfed or a hard counter would be found for him.

If they buffed the event slightly I think that would be good because wiggs became ftp and that's a huge boost for rebels, also it would be more fun to beat a harder event to get that awesome of a character. last time my main damage was Luke G7 and leia G8, and it was a breeze. But I don't think that it should be a required G11 and God mods, because that would spit in the face of everyone who missed out last time including me.
  • So it was designed as an easy event...should they have buffed the Bistan event also?
  • DarthCPA wrote: »
    So it was designed as an easy event...should they have buffed the Bistan event also?

Not really designed as an easy event, more like a do-able event. I had to try several times on tier 7, though I did it pre-Wedge.