B2 vs TIE pilot

Replies

• WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Aknf2001 wrote: »
    The only teams I can't beat on my shard use TFP. I can't compete with the speed.

Same. I actually target B2 teams lol.

Same... except I don't see B2 anymore
  • b2 and tie are great independently and when paired together so the op should be asking what toons to use with b2 and tie pilot
  • My comment is above but all this b2 is useless stuff is nonsense. I am on a November shard and the only teams in the top 20 other than Wiggs/Lando or Palp teams are droids with B2. He is NOT a damage toon. If you need damage, don't go for B2. If you need utility in nearly every phase of the game, b2 is awesome.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    EP, TFP, Shore, Boba, B2. I use both. Stay top 10 overnite on a Nov. shard (13 months not last month...i know it's coming).

https://swgoh.gg/u/poxx70/
  • Aknf2001 wrote: »
    The only teams I can't beat on my shard use TFP. I can't compete with the speed.

Same. I actually target B2 teams lol.

Same... except I don't see B2 anymore

I occasionally drop in the top 100 which has B2's so to get back to rank 50, I target B2 for an easy win
  • My comment is above but all this b2 is useless stuff is nonsense. I am on a November shard and the only teams in the top 20 other than Wiggs/Lando or Palp teams are droids with B2. He is NOT a damage toon. If you need damage, don't go for B2. If you need utility in nearly every phase of the game, b2 is awesome.

I can see going 50/50 in arena w either B2 or tie, but to suggest B2 is more useful than tie in other areas outside of arena is ludacris...
  • I would do Tie Pilot first, one you need him for ships so higher priority, however the one great thing about B2 is he only needs to be 4 stars and then possible to use in arena.
    So keep in mind u just need to activate B2 and can easily come back to him.

I can see going 50/50 in arena w either B2 or tie, but to suggest B2 is more useful than tie in other areas outside of arena is ludacris...

Again, It depends on your team comp. I have a fully maxed Droid squad so I don't need damage. I do need a toon to nullify the other team and B2 is it. He doesn't just dispel once, he dispels constantly.

This isn't a knock on TFP. He's an awesome toon too. But slip b2 into the last 2 nodes of GW and they are cake. I cruised through all the dark side level 9 node with him, while I am stuck on 9b light side.

If I had Palp tho, I'd run TFP. That's why I'm farming him... add him with my max RG and Vader. Get Palp in the next event and bam! 2 monster squads.
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    My comment is above but all this b2 is useless stuff is nonsense. I am on a November shard and the only teams in the top 20 other than Wiggs/Lando or Palp teams are droids with B2. He is NOT a damage toon. If you need damage, don't go for B2. If you need utility in nearly every phase of the game, b2 is awesome.

Again, It depends on your team comp. I have a fully maxed Droid squad so I don't need damage. I do need a toon to nullify the other team and B2 is it. He doesn't just dispel once, he dispels constantly.

This isn't a knock on TFP. He's an awesome toon too. But slip b2 into the last 2 nodes of GW and they are cake. I cruised through all the dark side level 9 node with him, while I am stuck on 9b light side.

If I had Palp tho, I'd run TFP. That's why I'm farming him... add him with my max RG and Vader. Get Palp in the next event and bam! 2 monster squads.

I was talking outside of arena, where B2 has little to no use. No use in ships, no use in raids... any toon can be used in gw
  • BrianBuchanans
    692 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I'd actually like to ask—how consistent is TFP's buff immunity? The biggest issue I face in arena running a Wiggs Chaze team is fast STHan. He taunts and then Baze becomes a TM machine for the opposing team, which I've been mostly able to deal with until now. I have Shoretrooper in the fifth spot, but it makes no difference when two of my toons are gone because of Lando before anyone can move.

If TFP is consistent, he'd be perfect here. But if not, I'd rather rely on B2's dispel, since dispel is much more consistent than debuffs. Plus, I guess Baze benefits from enemies gaining buffs, so it's better for them to gain buffs and then lose them.

So do I go for more firepower with TFP, and is he consistent? Or shoot for B2 with less damage but more utility?

EDIT: I'm gonna have 7* Palp and Shore once the event is up. Plus I use TFP's ship.
  • I'd actually like to ask—how consistent is TFP's buff immunity? The biggest issue I face in arena running a Wiggs Chaze team is fast STHan. He taunts and then Baze becomes a TM machine for the opposing team, which I've been mostly able to deal with until now. I have Shoretrooper in the fifth spot, but it makes no difference when two of my toons are gone because of Lando before anyone can move.

If TFP is consistent, he'd be perfect here. But if not, I'd rather rely on B2's dispel, since dispel is much more consistent than debuffs. Plus, I guess Baze benefits from enemies gaining buffs, so it's better for them to gain buffs and then lose them.

So do I go for more firepower with TFP, and is he consistent? Or shoot for B2 with less damage but more utility?

EDIT: I'm gonna have 7* Palp and Shore once the event is up. Plus I use TFP's ship.

TIE Pilot always does buff immunity to everyone and I haven't maxed him.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Don't leave B2 on your defense team in the arena. I got him to 6* and stopped completely to farm TFP to go with my upcoming 7*Palp and Vader.

B2 even at 6* right now gives me a big enough opening to dismantle most Palpatine teams that feature taunting tanks. You probably never go up against teams with B2 in the arena because smart players put in a nasty line up before they call it a day.
    I'd actually like to ask—how consistent is TFP's buff immunity? The biggest issue I face in arena running a Wiggs Chaze team is fast STHan. He taunts and then Baze becomes a TM machine for the opposing team, which I've been mostly able to deal with until now. I have Shoretrooper in the fifth spot, but it makes no difference when two of my toons are gone because of Lando before anyone can move.

Well. If that's true I guess I'd only have trouble with fast STH + fast Rex/Chirrut. I suppose I might end up running with EP - Shore - TFP - Wiggs.

Well. If that's true I guess I'd only have trouble with fast STH + fast Rex/Chirrut. I suppose I might end up running with EP - Shore - TFP - Wiggs.

It's true, the skill says 80% w omega it also ability blocks the targeted toon, with high potency it's pretty reliable.

That sounds like a solid team!
  • Except.... what, so I farmed Chaze for nothing??? Or if I stick with Chaze, I won't even use EP anywhere?????
  • Except.... what, so I farmed Chaze for nothing??? Or if I stick with Chaze, I won't even use EP anywhere?????

Chaze is rediculous, just a different meta. You could go back n forth depending on the team you face.
  • B2 is easy if he's not on a droid team, just ignore him.

A fast TP is tough. TP is also awesome for both Rancor and AAT.
  • Sorry to bump after a while—but as something that nobody's really offered yet, B2 can make a big difference if your mods don't hold up to your opponent's regarding speed. Yes, TFP has high base speed, but if your opponent is using a speed lead and has better mods that can spell big trouble (in my case, Ackbar lead + speed mods on STHan + Wiggsdo is one heck of a team to deal with, especially when I've focused all of my attention on Wedge shards so my mods aren't optimized). In this case, TFP is really not helpful at all. B2, on the other hand, will do a fantastic job of clearing buffs and doesn't need speed mods to do it.
  • that said, with the proper mods, TFP would have been my choice all day and every day between Empire synergy, high DPS, use in multiple game modes, and crippling debuffs.
  • UltimateZeus
    1221 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    So the answer is "depends" :P

Farm B2 if in arena you are mostly going up against tanks with taunts (especially double tank teams)

If not, go with TFP.
  • If just arena the answer is prob 50/50 depending on the toons you have already. For anything else as well Tie Pilot is the way to go. He's so good for so many reasons.
  • Both are good, but It depend on the oponent team, if you have taunters like sthan and sun fac, its useful having B2
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Besides the immunity, B2s offense down is pretty handy and he consistently applies it. When you are up against a team like Wiggs, Lando, Anikin, all of those guys hit super hard. Get a debuff on them and their AoE are like a tickle. That has been a sneaky upside to B2 as well. He gets so many attacks he can get offense down on the entire opposing team at the same time
  • Willis
    187 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm not sure how it can be said that b2 is next to useless, IMO he is still the most OP toon in the game. First, ever heard of tenacity up, it breaks anything empire, including TFP, does. Add in b2 and he gets rid of tenacity up and then inflicts buff immunity, whereas with TFP it can be resisted. Also, cleansers can remove the buff immunity and then tanks can taunt. With b2 the tanks will immediately be dispelled, but with TFP their taunts will remain. Perhaps the greatest advantage of b2 is the abundance of auto taunters, which tfp can inflict buff immunity on all day but they're already taunting. I still think B2 is incredibly OP, hands down the best toon in the game in arena, although not always ideal for any comp, and just plain unhealthy for the game. He ruins basically any cool strategy you can try to think of.
    Willis Mcgahee of the Mighty Chlorians ~ https://swgoh.gg/u/willis/
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    The fact is I target B2 teams that aren't Droid teams. Stun B2 and just leave him for last. And I don't use a Wiggs or Empire team. That is on the rare occasion I even see a B2
  • BrianBuchanans
    692 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    but.... auto-taunters.....?

EDIT: also, I'm sure your team is great but most of us ARE facing Wiggs or Empire a solid 90% of the time, so
  • The fact is I target B2 teams that aren't Droid teams. Stun B2 and just leave him for last. And I don't use a Wiggs or Empire team.

Stunning him does nothing. One hit, stun is gone, next hit he has 100 tm and dispels all of your tanks and other buffs. He attacks so often that by the time you are able to get another buff his cooldown is up. TFP is good also, and they can actually be used together pretty effectively, but seriously, b2 is hands down my least favorite toon to go against in arena. I place top 3 pretty much every day, on a December server, some real tough teams out there, but htey can all be countered, unless they have b2.
    Willis Mcgahee of the Mighty Chlorians ~ https://swgoh.gg/u/willis/
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited December 2016

EDIT: also, I'm sure your team is great but most of us ARE facing Wiggs or Empire a solid 90% of the time, so

What about them, little more thought...

Oh I didn't say I wasn't facing them lol Just that I don't use them. My usual team is Phasma L, old-school I know, RG Anakin QGJ Palp. If I need to I'll sub a toon here & there.

Full disclosure, I fully intend to switch to empire team as soon as I 7* Palp & finish TFP
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    B2 is situational as in double taunt teams, otherwise ignored, not saying he's bad he does his job.

Try playing EP, TFP, Shore, STHan and RG, thats not fun BUT B2 can help that.......If he's not stun locked the whole match.