B2 vs TIE pilot

Replies

• Willis wrote: »
    The fact is I target B2 teams that aren't Droid teams. Stun B2 and just leave him for last. And I don't use a Wiggs or Empire team.

Stunning him does nothing. One hit, stun is gone, next hit he has 100 tm and dispels all of your tanks and other buffs. He attacks so often that by the time you are able to get another buff his cooldown is up. TFP is good also, and they can actually be used together pretty effectively, but seriously, b2 is hands down my least favorite toon to go against in arena. I place top 3 pretty much every day, on a December server, some real tough teams out there, but htey can all be countered, unless they have b2.

Just stun him again. If you can't survive a hit or 2 you're gonna lose no matter who you use. And I don't rely too heavily on any 1 toon.
  • but.... auto-taunters.....?

EDIT: also, I'm sure your team is great but most of us ARE facing Wiggs or Empire a solid 90% of the time, so

What about them, little more thought...
    but.... auto-taunters.....?

EDIT: also, I'm sure your team is great but most of us ARE facing Wiggs or Empire a solid 90% of the time, so

Oh I didn't say I wasn't facing them lol Just that I don't use them. My usual team is Phasma L, old-school I know, RG Anakin QGJ Palp. If I need to I'll sub a toon here & there.

Full disclosure, I fully intend to switch to empire team as soon as I 7* Palp & finish TFP

Even with Raid Han, auto-taunters will prevent you from stunning B2—though I see you intended to stun him using EP, so that changes the game, I suppose.

But like that last comment says, stun only stops him for one relentless barrage.

Oh I didn't say I wasn't facing them lol Just that I don't use them. My usual team is Phasma L, old-school I know, RG Anakin QGJ Palp. If I need to I'll sub a toon here & there.

Full disclosure, I fully intend to switch to empire team as soon as I 7* Palp & finish TFP

Even with Raid Han, auto-taunters will prevent you from stunning B2—though I see you intended to stun him using EP, so that changes the game, I suppose.

But like that last comment says, stun only stops him for one relentless barrage.

1 makes the difference. Like I said I try not to rely too heavily on any 1 toon. Auto taunt Are a new prob but I still win enough. And I'll be changing the team to Empire soon enough.
  • Lol, if you are using every one of your turns stunning him you will never attack any threats. Yes, I can beat b2 teams, but I usually have to switch my team up and do a bunch of crap to deal with him because he negates most strategies. It sounds to me like you are level 50 and facing g3 b2's who haven't even unlocked relentless barrage yet. You obviously aren't facing top tier teams with b2 if you are using phasma lead. You wouldn't be able to make it to the top of any good or older arena with that team.
    Willis Mcgahee of the Mighty Chlorians ~ https://swgoh.gg/u/willis/
  • For arena, if you have Chaze or Shore present in your shard, B2 is an absolute must unless you are also a mega whale with a Chaze team. TFP can ability block, but only B2 can repeatedly dispel AND block. As far as stunning B2, that's all fine and good but we know that the AI won't do that to B2. And if someone wants to beat on B2, then that just leaves the rest of the team to beat you down.
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Willis wrote: »
    Lol, if you are using every one of your turns stunning him you will never attack any threats. Yes, I can beat b2 teams, but I usually have to switch my team up and do a bunch of **** to deal with him because he negates most strategies. It sounds to me like you are level 50 and facing g3 b2's who haven't even unlocked relentless barrage yet. You obviously aren't facing top tier teams with b2 if you are using phasma lead. You wouldn't be able to make it to the top of any good or older arena with that team.

I love how ppl who disagree automatically assume the other person isn't facing tough teams. FYI, just because you can't win with a certain set up doesn't mean nobody else can't given the same team. It's all about mods. I've modded my toons very specifically for what I want them to do. I rank top 20, 30 if I'm lazy, and that's good enough for me. If B2 were an issue I wouldn't target them, which I do, except when Droid team. B2 has his uses, I'm not saying he's yeah, but outside of the ocassional Droid team he's rarely seen on my shard. Not the oldest shard but not the youngest either. Feb/March and it has its share of top tier teams.

1 makes the difference. Like I said I try not to rely too heavily on any 1 toon. Auto taunt Are a new prob but I still win enough. And I'll be changing the team to Empire soon enough.

With all due respect, I'm not sure your team has enough damage for 1 stun to turn the tide.. On a Wiggs or Lando or even Empire team that can be the case, but... yeah. I'm not really sure why you keep saying that you don't rely on any single toon bc like.... that's not what anyone's saying and it doesn't really prove anything.

I'm glad you're trying Empire, it's a good team. But it just seems like, as respectfully as possible, you might be talking from a rather inexperienced perspective.

With all due respect, I'm not sure your team has enough damage for 1 stun to turn the tide.. On a Wiggs or Lando or even Empire team that can be the case, but... yeah. I'm not really sure why you keep saying that you don't rely on any single toon bc like.... that's not what anyone's saying and it doesn't really prove anything.

I'm glad you're trying Empire, it's a good team. But it just seems like, as respectfully as possible, you might be talking from a rather inexperienced perspective.

I say I don't rely on any one toon to make the point that I'll roll the dice on losing a random team member in order to take out that auto taunt or other troublesome team member that someone else is relying on stopping me from winning.
  • Getting back to the original topic as to which is better, I still say it's 50/50 in arena depending on your team and who you're facing. In any OTHER area, it's Tie Fighter all day.
  • ...anyways, that's what everybody has been saying, don't think it's really been disputed.

Great, I'm glad your squad works for what you want it to do. There are just a lot of ways to have a squad that really performs a lot better, and there are a lot more difficult squads that people will have to face than the ones you're describing. We're giving info that ideally pushes someone to top ten, not top 20 or 30.
  • B2 will be gone by the end of the month when everyone is running Palpatine squads. One shock and he's out of the fight, nothing but dead weight.
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    B2 will be gone by the end of the month when everyone is running Palpatine squads. One shock and he's out of the fight, nothing but dead weight.

+1 and now it occurs to me that I said stun earlier when I meant shock
  • Willis
    187 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Shock makes a lot more sense yes, I get your point now. However, that doesn't make b2 a non-problem. My wiggs, or Chirrut, or even Baze sometimes will move before any palpatine, and once b2 procs it's over. I run a double auto taunt (shore and Baze) usually, soon to be GK and baze, and b2 makes both of those useless. My wiggs attacks, then my taunts are perma gone. Even when I just run Baze, which I do against b2 teams, he taunts over and over and provides extreme protection unless faced with b2, when he is useless.

Edit:I'd like to say that I have maxed palp and have had him for months, no I'd rather not toss him in for a b2 team, where he is only semi-useful anyway. He is not as OP as you might think, especially on non-empire synergy teams.
  • B2 will be gone by the end of the month when everyone is running Palpatine squads. One shock and he's out of the fight, nothing but dead weight.
    What will be a good counter to Palpatine then? :)

• Besides the immunity, B2s offense down is pretty handy and he consistently applies it. When you are up against a team like Wiggs, Lando, Anikin, all of those guys hit super hard. Get a debuff on them and their AoE are like a tickle. That has been a sneaky upside to B2 as well. He gets so many attacks he can get offense down on the entire opposing team at the same time

I'm totally on the B2 train but he most certainly doesn't inflict offense down lol
    Shock makes a lot more sense yes, I get your point now. However, that doesn't make b2 a non-problem. My wiggs, or Chirrut, or even Baze sometimes will move before any palpatine, and once b2 procs it's over. I run a double auto taunt (shore and Baze) usually, soon to be GK and baze, and b2 makes both of those useless. My wiggs attacks, then my taunts are perma gone. Even when I just run Baze, which I do against b2 teams, he taunts over and over and provides extreme protection unless faced with b2, when he is useless.

Edit:I'd like to say that I have maxed palp and have had him for months, no I'd rather not toss him in for a b2 team, where he is only semi-useful anyway. He is not as OP as you might think, especially on non-empire synergy teams.

Lol to say your particular team is OP... well, it is... but it's also not typical. Thankfully I have seen a chaze combo that's maxed just yet. I would just choose not to fight it if I did, in favor of just about any other team.

Willis seems like the only other person on this thread that actually knows what he's talking about. If you're aiming for top 3 finishes you know that B2 is one of the best if not best toon in the game. If you're running phasma leads shooting for top 30 no offense wrathofcaedus but our conversations are not in the same galaxy
  • I haven't quite maxed the team yet, but yes the team is OP, and maxed it should be able to handle b2 pretty well, but I still think b2 is nuts and very OP against most meta teams, but your team isn't exactly meta. Also, b2 is not so OP that he allows a weak team to demolish much better teams, he just provides an advantage that no other character can provide, and requires no synergy to do so.
  • Besides the immunity, B2s offense down is pretty handy and he consistently applies it. When you are up against a team like Wiggs, Lando, Anikin, all of those guys hit super hard. Get a debuff on them and their AoE are like a tickle. That has been a sneaky upside to B2 as well. He gets so many attacks he can get offense down on the entire opposing team at the same time

I'm totally on the B2 train but he most certainly doesn't inflict offense down lol

I was gonna say the same lol...... hard to say he was thinking of evasion down either bc of the description...
    B2 will be gone by the end of the month when everyone is running Palpatine squads. One shock and he's out of the fight, nothing but dead weight.

+1 and now it occurs to me that I said stun earlier when I meant shock

Well okay you make a fair point but auto-taunters are still a thing, both of them with incredibly high survivability. I think my biggest concern with B2 vs TFP (in an arena setting) is that TFP's buff immunity can be cleansed, and assuming TFP goes first (which he almost always will) and the opposing team has a pre-taunt, you can't ability block their cleanser, either. B2, on the other hand, can only really be countered by shock or daze.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited December 2016

There's a squad just like yours that sits at #1 on my shard that I just can't beat.
    Wiggs, Chaze, & shore (if that's the same)

The only team I know for sure that can move him is an empire b2 squad, and maybe one other rebel + b2 squad. That one squad has made me prioritize farming b2 next, because without him that squad is tough to crack.
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited December 2016

Willis seems like the only other person on this thread that actually knows what he's talking about. If you're aiming for top 3 finishes you know that B2 is one of the best if not best toon in the game. If you're running phasma leads shooting for top 30 no offense wrathofcaedus but our conversations are not in the same galaxy

Just because you say no offense doesn't make the statement any less offensive. I don't rank any higher simply because I don't want to, not because I couldn't. I say again, even in top 10 I don't see B2 (outside a Droid team and if I do I tend to hit them) ... and I've ranked high enough recently to know. I aim for 20. You say running Phasma like it's bad because it's old, that's a bunch of bull. That sounds like inexperience more than anything I've said.
  • Willis
    187 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Yeah I need to get Chirrut a bunch more gear to make it OP like you describe, but yeah that's my planned team. If you have trouble now, just wait until that team has Kenobi, it will be invincible. A guy in my guild has Wiggs Chaze Kenobi and he stayed in rank one for like 4 days straight. After something like 25 attempts a TI guy finally hit him to 2 lol.

• WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Yeah I need to get Chirrut a bunch more gear to make it OP like you describe, but yeah that's my planned team. If you have trouble now, just wait until that team has Kenobi, it will be invincible. A guy in my guild has Wiggs Chaze Kenobi and he stayed in rank one for like 4 says straight. After something like 25 attempts a TI guy finally hit him to 2 lol.

We were literally just discussing that team in my guild. I find 1 of the answers to the multi taunt to be Boba.. or any team relying on Lando or Wiggs.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    lukeroks wrote: »
    Both inflict AOE buff immunity ones a turn meter machine tank and the others a turn meter machine attacker. Who should be top priority farming.

B2 does more than that. B2 also removes all enemy buffs with his AoE. So, unless you benefit fra Empire/EP synergy, then B2 is the better choice. B2 will improve most teams.

Just because you say no offense doesn't make the statement any less offensive. I don't rank any higher simply because I don't want to, not because I couldn't. I say again, even in top 10 I don't see B2 (outside a Droid team and if I do I tend to hit them) ... and I've ranked high enough recently to know. I aim for 20. You say running Phasma like it's bad because it's old, that's a bunch of bull. That sounds like inexperience more than anything I've said.

Not trying to be rude or cut into your debate, but tbh a phasma L would get destroyed on my shard. It would probably be hard for you to snipe into top 50. But that's just my shard ya know, maybe on yours the meta is different and your team is more effective there. Again I repeat I'm not trying to be rude, and all respect to ya for hitting 20 with that squad because it'd be tough for me to maintain with it where I'm at.
  • B2
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Mullato wrote: »

Not trying to be rude or cut into your debate, but tbh a phasma L would get destroyed on my shard. It would probably be hard for you to snipe into top 50. But that's just my shard ya know, maybe on yours the meta is different and your team is more effective there. Again I repeat I'm not trying to be rude, and all respect to ya for hitting 20 with that squad because it'd be tough for me to maintain with it where I'm at.

True, shards are not the same, so I get that. If it weren't still effective I would've changed it by now. Like I said before I'm already building a replacement empire team to go higher w less effort. And for keeping rank my team is not the best, but I aim for 20 so don't mind falling to 50 or 60 overnight. (Because my current team is also 1 I would target in a second)
  • Mullato wrote: »

True, shards are not the same, so I get that. If it weren't still effective I would've changed it by now. Like I said before I'm already building a replacement empire team to go higher w less effort. And for keeping rank my team is not the best, but I aim for 20 so don't mind falling to 50 or 60 overnight. (Because my current team is also 1 I would target in a second)

Nobody's like... trying to be mean to you or anything, Phasma lead just really pales in comparison to Lando, Wedge, Palp, Rex, and a number of others. Once again, I'm glad that team does what you want it to do but we're not trying to give anyone tips to hit top 20, we're trying to give tips to hit top ten or five.

Boba's certainly relevant. But ultimately he needs a good squad around him to really shine. TFP is certainly one of those ways, Empire synergy generally is another. But just discarding B2 out of hand seems foolhardy, idk. He does his job phenomenally.
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Mullato wrote: »

Nobody's like... trying to be mean to you or anything, Phasma lead just really pales in comparison to Lando, Wedge, Palp, Rex, and a number of others. Once again, I'm glad that team does what you want it to do but we're not trying to give anyone tips to hit top 20, we're trying to give tips to hit top ten or five.

Boba's certainly relevant. But ultimately he needs a good squad around him to really shine. TFP is certainly one of those ways, Empire synergy generally is another. But just discarding B2 out of hand seems foolhardy, idk. He does his job phenomenally.

I never discarded B2, I stated several times that for Arena it's a coin toss between the 2... I stated I'D choose tfp simply because he has multiple uses outside of arena... and Phasma wins for me on offense without dropping too much on D...
  • Lol guess who's bad at interpreting which default avatars are which....... my B, my dude.