The Simple Truth: The Developers Don't Owe You an Explanation

Post after post reading " Devs owe me a explanation on..." Well they don't. Sorry to bust your bubble.

Replies

• True, but there are perks that come from being transparent.. like not having to make vindication post :wink:
    Travelling through Hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy!
  • Depends how much you spend. If someone spends hundreds a month and is going to quit for lack of a response about a problem then EA/CG would look pretty foolish if they can't even spend two minutes to answer the question.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    It would be a pretty dumb move if they stopped what little communication they have, we get very little as is.
  • you mean they don't need support? - because that is actually what they do....
    And what should we use forum for? bug reporting?!? are we QA?!?
  • If I was EA, I would shutdown the game without explanation and watch the world burn >:)
  • EA did that when they got rid of earth and beyond.
  • Depends how much you spend. If someone spends hundreds a month and is going to quit for lack of a response about a problem then EA/CG would look pretty foolish if they can't even spend two minutes to answer the question.
    +10000000000000000000000
  • Mojavelandbaron
    977 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    OP....I can't put this any more delicately, so I won't: You're a kiss @$$

This. The OP is correct, but only if you're f2p. If you have spent money on the game, you are a customer. Not many businesses do well if they ignore paying customers.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Depends how much you spend. If someone spends hundreds a month and is going to quit for lack of a response about a problem then EA/CG would look pretty foolish if they can't even spend two minutes to answer the question.

This. The OP is correct, but only if you're f2p. If you have spent money on the game, you are a customer. Not many businesses do well if they ignore paying customers.

FTP are like window shoppers...at any point they could decide that what they see offered is worth the price and break out the credit card :)
    A good business doesn't ignore potential paying customers either!
  • Like any business, you need a customer service Dept/group/person.

Believe it or not, people who pay for a product expect that product to be delivered. When it is perceived that this has not occurred, the customer has a right to question, and the business has a responsibility to respond. That doesn't mean you will get the answer you want, or that every trivial nitpick will get a personal meeting with the CEO, but a basic level of service is not unreasonable.

• LVTrisha wrote: »
    Believe it or not, people who pay for a product expect that product to be delivered.

What?! I thought my money just disappeared...
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Depends how much you spend. If someone spends hundreds a month and is going to quit for lack of a response about a problem then EA/CG would look pretty foolish if they can't even spend two minutes to answer the question.

FTP are like window shoppers...at any point they could decide that what they see offered is worth the price and break out the credit card :)
    A good business doesn't ignore potential paying customers either!

Fair point. I was trying to give the OP some benefit of the doubt, but that's a good point....so I guess the OP's bubble has been burst.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I would like an explanation for this thread please.
  • OP your wrong. @SmokeyJoe320 epic......
  • OP....I can't put this any more delicately, so I won't: You're a kiss @$$

Nailed it.
  • I believe there are ethical things that a game like this should commit to... Like a promise not to tamper with drop rates without notification. They could be having a huge sale on crystals, then decrease drop rates... Not saying they do just it would be nice to know the drop rates are consistent.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Trolling and insults are not good human service either ;)
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
This discussion has been closed.