GW Fights: Knowledge or Speculation?

Does anyone have any idea how it actually works. I've read some people say it has to do with arena rank as to who you pull to fight. Some say it is just people on your server. Lately, I've been hovering around 50 in arena on my server and have pulled relatively easy fights until the last 3. I'd come across guys who were 4-5 levels higher than me, but still barely beatable. No biggie, I like the challenge.

Today though stuff got real. I'm level 44 and start off my first match of the day against a 47. Managed to slide past the first 4 fights without losing anyone, but had a few tough fights. Fight 5 though. Guy is lvl 57 with 6* Leia, 7* Poe, 6* FOTP, 6* QGJ, 6* Phasma. I still have like 7 fights after this for my daily loots and I know I can't get passed this. If this guy somehow managed to be on my server, he'd sit in #1 no problems.

What's the deal? Did I randomly take the wrong color pill this morning and end up in Narnia?

Replies

• Haven't reached the midpoint yet of the GW path and the guy I have to fight is FIFTEEN levels higher than me. What's the point in absolutely halting someone's progress like this? I literally don't have enough credits, training droids, or equipment to throw enough guys at him to get passed to the next stage and possibly be able to beat anyone else. 6 fights in for this.
  • hu4uvn.jpg

2141jk7.jpg

I understand his guys aren't all that great, but 15 levels...The highest I have on my server's top 100 is 53. I understand not everyone on a server is interested in arena. But with what happened yesterday and with today something seems out of whack. Before this I never had an issue fighting people outside of 4-5 levels.
  • I did end up nuking past him. Everyone after him was around his level but using guys my level in all gear 3/4. GW continues to confuse me.
  • gw has turned so easy for me since the update. 99% of the time now I can get through without losing anyone and only two healers
  • Nzchimeran
    165 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I went from 30 arena rank to 109 on purpose and now GW is a lot easier for me.
    I have been ranked 30's since level 48, I was getting owned in GW due to the high level Arena groups at my ranks, I never won a single GW and couldn't get past fight 9.
    As soon as I went to 107, the next GW reset I was fighting level 45's :)
    Last enemy was level 60's, much more suited to my team and bench setup with my level 54 toons.
  • Boabs wrote: »
    gw has turned so easy for me since the update. 99% of the time now I can get through without losing anyone and only two healers

Bow down and worship your awesome skills? Lol
    Why even post brah, you don't offer anything, no one cares you can beat GW you probably got low arena rank or a bunch of level 60 purple geared toons with a throw away bench.
    This ain't about you.
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    hu4uvn.jpg

2141jk7.jpg

I understand his guys aren't all that great, but 15 levels...The highest I have on my server's top 100 is 53. I understand not everyone on a server is interested in arena. But with what happened yesterday and with today something seems out of whack. Before this I never had an issue fighting people outside of 4-5 levels.

While the levels are curious, I don't think a real player would have that team... No purple gear or 6-7* characters for a level 60 doesn't make sense. It's also a pretty bad lineup. Just stick it out. I rarely beat GW until I hit 55-60. Now I probably only lose once every two weeks

Btw, my fights are starting to get really hard at the second stage. There's always a random lvl 66 7* full purple gear team and it's a **** to get past. I don't have much of a bench, so I have to send in a suicide squad most of the time
  • Nzchimeran wrote: »
    Boabs wrote: »
    gw has turned so easy for me since the update. 99% of the time now I can get through without losing anyone and only two healers

Bow down and worship your awesome skills? Lol
    Why even post brah, you don't offer anything, no one cares you can beat GW you probably got low arena rank or a bunch of level 60 purple geared toons with a throw away bench.
    This ain't about you.

I've got to agree with Boabs, GW has gotten very easy since the update.

My team:

Lead is Lumi, lvl62-5*-g6

Sid, lvl57-4*-g7

JC, lvl53-5*-g8

Talia, lvl63-4*-g7

Dooku, lvl55-4*-g7

This is not the best team around at all, but I very rarely have problems in GW and even the arena most times, though I don't bother with trying to rank up, mostly just maintain my prize category.

If you decide to try this team out, it typically starts out with Dooku first, so his lightning is used on the other team's either Sid or Daka, then my Sid is next and his basic attack is first to put the healing debuff on the target. Then it's a race to burn Sid or Daka down before the tank taunts.

After that, usually the healers are next, same steps as above.

Then usually it's the tank next, if there is a Dooku or another toon with a high counter chance on the other team. Don't use any areas if this is the case, unless you are absolutely sure you can absorb the damage from counters. I once used an area attack against a full team of high chance counter attackers, it was funny watching all five on the other team simultaneously ganging up on Sid lol.

Once the tank is last, use basic attacks to give your specials time to cool down. This won't always happen perfectly, but more often than not, it'll get your team ready for the next node.

The big thing is timing your specials, especially your heals. Level is not so important as the stars or gear; most times, I don't even pay attention to even the makeup of the other team until the battle starts.

Oh, and the two characters I will burn every time before the other team's Sid: FOTP and Luke. My team can't handle that much damage at one time.
  • Noval749 wrote: »
    The big thing is timing your specials, especially your heals. Level is not so important as the stars or gear; most times, I don't even pay attention to even the makeup of the other team until the battle starts.

Oh, and the two characters I will burn every time before the other team's Sid: FOTP and Luke. My team can't handle that much damage at one time.
    Timing specials is important. When I'm able to get my heals and Phasma's two skills in can make a gigantic difference.

I target Daka and Vader early, too. Daka can destroy you if the RNG goes her way and Vader's culling blade has the chance to wipe out one of your characters since the AI seems to know how to use that strategy.

Talia can be devastating if used right. Sid won't dodge her as much as JC or Lumi and her heal also gives turn meter, so even if you lose her in a fight she can get you through a difficult one. If you don't lose her she'll heal right up when you're whittling down their tank at the end of the match.

• Yeah, Sid's dodge/reflect/deflect chance is pretty high against Lumi and JC, especially their ranged attacks. Their basic melee does the job just fine, following up with Talia's DoT jump knocks Sid out pretty quick.

If not, then at least Sid is likely stunned for the turn by my Dooku's lightning and immune to heals by my Sid's basic attack.

Apologies for not using the names of each attack, I can't recall their names off hand.
  • Nzchimeran wrote: »
    I went from 30 arena rank to 109 on purpose and now GW is a lot easier for me.
    I have been ranked 30's since level 48, I was getting owned in GW due to the high level Arena groups at my ranks, I never won a single GW and couldn't get past fight 9.
    As soon as I went to 107, the next GW reset I was fighting level 45's :)
    Last enemy was level 60's, much more suited to my team and bench setup with my level 54 toons.

I'm starting to believe this theory more and more lately. I was clearing GW pretty easily until recently I took over the #1 spot in the arena. (newer server) when I was sitting #1 I was getting brutal match ups and not coming close to getting to 6th or 7th node.
    I'm slowly letting my rank drop and each day my matches get a tad bit more my level.
    I'm Lvl 58, and I was getting 63-65 max gear teams and today I'm getting closer to 61-62 Lvl teams.

Not saying it's def Bc of arena rank, but it's worth it t keep testing.
  • I actually found that when I dropped in arena is when I started getting the harder matches personally. When I sat in the 30-60 range on arena I would get fairly level close matches. 4-5 levels harder maybe on the last 2 legs. I attributed this to climbing up the ladder and being lower than those around me due to my droid team synergizing well. During that time I was completing GW 100% of the time without issue. Most times I would just run HK-47, IG-88, IG-86, GS, QGJ through all of GW without losing anyone and without fail.

When I decided to drop down into the 90s to lower 100s to see if GW was easier I am now finding I need at least 1 suicide squad, an A team and a B team. That may be due to getting higher and characters are getting better, BUT I am now routinely facing guys (or AI generated teams) 10-15 levels higher than me. Like I previously said the one team was 13 levels higher than me 6*/7* chromium guys and all purple gear. I burnt through all 3 of my teams to try and get through, leaving me nothing left to progress any further. I know there is no way that guy is lurking around on my server. He would be #1 with zero issues.

I don't mind if it randomizes generated teams for you to fight, but it should at least composite when you own and make them closer to you. Even if they are 4-5 levels higher. 10+ levels higher with gear you won't be able to obtain for over a month and with characters that would cost the normal person thousands to get isn't exactly keeping things kosher in my book.

I did end up beating the 61 and coasting the rest of the way. Most of the guys after him were easier to get past than the guys leading up to him. I wish they would explain a little about what goes into making your GW board and how they fail coded it.