I don't get ships...

Ships still confused me. I constantly get destroyed by teams 10k power below me. My Biggs doesn't seem to taunt like the opposing team's do, the opposing team seems to regen much better than I with the same basic squad. Maybe I'm missing something, maybe I shouldn't play on auto, though it seems hard to hit the timer without it. Simply put, I don't get it.

Replies

• There are bugs, most in the AI's favor.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    There is a lot of strategy to ships actually, ashoka jc poe have interesting abilities that need to be used correctly. Auto just screws everything up. Healing protection makes some ships survive! My best advice is to build a ship team. There is one guy who build a windu capital ship with jedis+clones and even thoug he is 15k below me he is hard to beat.
  • Biggs is supposed to taunt when one of your ships applies "lock on" to an enemy ship, but it doesn't always seem to happen. Also, Poe's ability is supposed to be a guaranteed chance to hit when the target has no protection/shields, but he doesn't always hit for me in these cases. So yeah, there are bugs.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    you and me both buddy. I just semi-auto a battle every day for the achievement, and some more if i'm bored. It keeps me in the top100 wich is good enough for me.
    Those darn DS ships are a problem for me though, once that obstacle is out of the way i will look into wich ship is good etc. Now i'm just farming for the fleet challenges.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • If you are running Wiggs in the arena you probably want to use Ackbar's capital ship. If you use Ackbar's heal ability on someone who is not Biggs early on then he will gain advantage and drop a target lock with his basic attack. Or if you have someone else that drops a target lock hopefully that will get him taunting. As a rebel Biggs gets a ton of bonus protection whenever he attacks out of turn, so the JC special attack is good for keeping him alive. Ships actually involve quite a bit of strategy, there isn't the same level of glaringly obvious synergies that there is in arena.
  • Sorry, but I don't think that there is a lot of strategy there - too many things depends on single event - target lock - so they dodge and you're gone. So actually too many things depends on RNG
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    pargame wrote: »
    Sorry, but I don't think that there is a lot of strategy there - too many things depends on single event - target lock - so they dodge and you're gone. So actually too many things depends on RNG

we are back to the dooku days, see a lot of dodged, deflected and resisted. too bad we cant mod our ships, id like for them to have more speed and potency!
  • pargame wrote: »
    Sorry, but I don't think that there is a lot of strategy there - too many things depends on single event - target lock - so they dodge and you're gone. So actually too many things depends on RNG

Same with Arena, especially Dooku or Lumi lead. Yeah, RNG.
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Power means nothing. Certain ships have over inflated power values because of special damage, Home one and JC Jedi fighter are 2 common examples.

My mostly maxed Endurance has 2k less power then home one not even close to max, never lose to it.
    Ships in reserve will also contribute to the max power of your team but if they never get called it doesn't help much.

Have to look at the actual stats of the opposing ship
  • djvita wrote: »
    pargame wrote: »

we are back to the dooku days, see a lot of dodged, deflected and resisted. too bad we cant mod our ships, id like for them to have more speed and potency!

it is even worse - it is like to rely on ig88 ability block vs Dooku lead :smile:
    Even in Arena in Dooku days players can counter it - never rely on single ability, speed, DPS etc...
  • I really cannot get it - why this post is moved to Feedback - Ships ?!? What is general for - "what happened with Anakin's mother" ?!? We really discuss gameplay...
  • GrizzlyPip
    42 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I just started a new discussion about AA's ship and how it sucks compared to the other 2. Maybe I shoyld have said that the computer cheats for defensive team. Which also seems to happen in almost any other type of battle.