Join the Hoth Ski Patrol/Knights Of The Mobile Republic Alliance (Now With Ewok Grooming Tips)

Tank raid got you down?

Tired of rescuing and flirting with galactic princesses only to find out she's your long, lost sister? <insert joke about living in Arkansas>

Do your ewoks just not smell right?

Then the Hoth Ski Patrol/Knights Of The Mobile Republic just might be for you. Let me tell you about our story.

When guilds got introduced, the strongest individuals in our pvp ladder split into two guilds (guess the guild names for bonus points). We posted on the forums, recruited others, and proceeded to beat the snot out of each other on the ladder and curse each other daily in guild Discord channels. Life was good.

Then the rancor raid came out, and it was no problem. Both guilds toasted it. We continued to beat the snot out of each other on the ladder and curse each other daily in guild Discord channels. Life was good.

But as time went on, guild life went the way guild life tends to go. People stopped playing the game. Some because they just got tired of it. Some because they didn't like game changes. Some because they wanted to raid with timezones better aligned with their own. Some just disappeared and we have no idea what happened to them. I suspect ugnaughts. But life went on. We kept killing the rancor at an ever more ridiculous rate. We continued to beat the snot out of each other on the ladder and curse each other daily in guild Discord channels. And while we really missed some of those people that left, life, overall, was good.

Then the tank raid landed and things got ugly. Neither guild could do the heroic version in spite of our passion to do so. Some guild members left for the guilds that could (which is fine...these voodoo dolls on my desk mean nothing), while others just lost the will to play all together. While we continued to beat the snot out of each other on the ladder and curse each other daily in guild Discord channels, life was less good.

So what's a guild to do?

Recruit you say!

Well, that didn't go so well because our story was the story of nearly every other guild in the game. Everyone was recruiting, and there just weren't enough good players to go around. But we wouldn't give up.

Merge you say!

Well, that went better. Knights of the Mobile Republic did merge with another guild. The combination of the two guilds resulted in one, stronger guild. But it still wasn't enough. The new Knights still couldn't defeat the heroic tank raid.

Then, one day, as Ace was beating the snot out of Quixote in the arena (I suspect that Quixote's team was actually beating the snot out of Ace, but Ace would never admit that), he realized that the best bet to save the guild and keep us moving forward was a merger of these two great guilds. Ace reached out to Quixote, and the deal was struck.

Now, a straight up merger wasn't possible. Combining the two guilds into one would put us way over the 50 player limit, and neither guild would ever abandon guild mates just because their roster wasn't as good as someone else's. So the decision was made to keep both guilds. An alliance was formed. Players with more robust rosters moved to Hoth Ski Patrol, while members still developing rosters went to Knights of the Mobile Republic. The goal for HSP is to have a guild that can complete the tank raid, while KotMR is a guild where players can continue to develop their rosters and refine their tactics for the tank raid and still defeat the heroic rancor. As time goes by, the two guilds will be rebalanced to achieve our ultimate goal of having two guilds completing the heroic tank raid as soon as possible.

Did we succeed?

The new HSP defeated the heroic tank raid on their first attempt.

The new KotMR defeated the heroic rancor raid on their first attempt.

And while both guilds can't defeat the heroic tank raid yet, the alliance has only existed for a week. And at least, now, everyone can finally see light at the end of the tunnel.

Even Ace and Quixote are getting along (which I'm pretty sure is a sign of the Apocalypse).

Mission accomplished.

Now, I know what you're thinking. “The tank raid has got me down, that princess does look kind of familiar, and my ewoks have been smelling a little funky lately. Wonder how I can get in on some of that HSP/KotMR action?”

Well, if you would like to be a part of our alliance, we just might have a place for you. All you have to be able to do is get in your 600 daily guild contribution, participate in our combined Discord channel, and continue to develop your roster. Not sure how you could get the 600 daily and not develop your roster, but stranger things have happened. Like this shirt I'm wearing. You can't see it, but trust me. It's strange and it happened.

PM Road Runner#3646 or Sly Strategist#7292 (or both!) on Discord about signing up today! We'll get you into KotMR. From there, you can develop your roster with some of the best guild mates the game has to offer and help both guilds put the beat down on that heroic tank. Stop wondering how your going to get those General Kenobi shards and start making some real headway to earning them!

Note: The ewok grooming tips have replaced the jawa robe laundering tips. Because, as we discovered, one should never, ever see what's under a jawa's robes. Ever. *shiver*

Replies

• Amish_Ace
    516 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    As the former leader of KotMR I can say without a doubt this is one of the best guild communities you can join.

We look forward to hearing from some of you soon!
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Krey wrote: »
    Tank raid got you down?

Tired of rescuing and flirting with galactic princesses only to find out she's your long, lost sister? <insert joke about living in Arkansas>

Do your ewoks just not smell right?

Then the Hoth Ski Patrol/Knights Of The Mobile Republic just might be for you. Let me tell you about our story.

When guilds got introduced, the strongest individuals in our pvp ladder split into two guilds (guess the guild names for bonus points). We posted on the forums, recruited others, and proceeded to beat the snot out of each other on the ladder and curse each other daily in guild Discord channels. Life was good.

Then the rancor raid came out, and it was no problem. Both guilds toasted it. We continued to beat the snot out of each other on the ladder and curse each other daily in guild Discord channels. Life was good.

But as time went on, guild life went the way guild life tends to go. People stopped playing the game. Some because they just got tired of it. Some because they didn't like game changes. Some because they wanted to raid with timezones better aligned with their own. Some just disappeared and we have no idea what happened to them. I suspect ugnaughts. But life went on. We kept killing the rancor at an ever more ridiculous rate. We continued to beat the snot out of each other on the ladder and curse each other daily in guild Discord channels. And while we really missed some of those people that left, life, overall, was good.

Then the tank raid landed and things got ugly. Neither guild could do the heroic version in spite of our passion to do so. Some guild members left for the guilds that could (which is fine...these voodoo dolls on my desk mean nothing), while others just lost the will to play all together. While we continued to beat the snot out of each other on the ladder and curse each other daily in guild Discord channels, life was less good.

So what's a guild to do?

Recruit you say!

Well, that didn't go so well because our story was the story of nearly every other guild in the game. Everyone was recruiting, and there just weren't enough good players to go around. But we wouldn't give up.

Merge you say!

Well, that went better. Knights of the Mobile Republic did merge with another guild. The combination of the two guilds resulted in one, stronger guild. But it still wasn't enough. The new Knights still couldn't defeat the heroic tank raid.

Then, one day, as Ace was beating the snot out of Quixote in the arena (I suspect that Quixote's team was actually beating the snot out of Ace, but Ace would never admit that), he realized that the best bet to save the guild and keep us moving forward was a merger of these two great guilds. Ace reached out to Quixote, and the deal was struck.

Now, a straight up merger wasn't possible. Combining the two guilds into one would put us way over the 50 player limit, and neither guild would ever abandon guild mates just because their roster wasn't as good as someone else's. So the decision was made to keep both guilds. An alliance was formed. Players with more robust rosters moved to Hoth Ski Patrol, while members still developing rosters went to Knights of the Mobile Republic. The goal for HSP is to have a guild that can complete the tank raid, while KotMR is a guild where players can continue to develop their rosters and refine their tactics for the tank raid and still defeat the heroic rancor. As time goes by, the two guilds will be rebalanced to achieve our ultimate goal of having two guilds completing the heroic tank raid as soon as possible.

Did we succeed?

The new HSP defeated the heroic tank raid on their first attempt.

The new KotMR defeated the heroic rancor raid on their first attempt.

And while both guilds can't defeat the heroic tank raid yet, the alliance has only existed for a week. And at least, now, everyone can finally see light at the end of the tunnel.

Even Ace and Quixote are getting along (which I'm pretty sure is a sign of the Apocalypse).

Mission accomplished.

Now, I know what you're thinking. “The tank raid has got me down, that princess does look kind of familiar, and my ewoks have been smelling a little funky lately. Wonder how I can get in on some of that HSP/KotMR action?”

Well, if you would like to be a part of our alliance, we just might have a place for you. All you have to be able to do is get in your 600 daily guild contribution, participate in our combined Discord channel, and continue to develop your roster. Not sure how you could get the 600 daily and not develop your roster, but stranger things have happened. Like this shirt I'm wearing. You can't see it, but trust me. It's strange and it happened.

PM Road Runner#3646 or Sly Strategist#7292 (or both!) on Discord about signing up today! We'll get you into KotMR. From there, you can develop your roster with some of the best guild mates the game has to offer and help both guilds put the beat down on that heroic tank. Stop wondering how your going to get those General Kenobi shards and start making some real headway to earning them!

Note: The ewok grooming tips have replaced the jawa robe laundering tips. Because, as we discovered, one should never, ever see what's under a jawa's robes. Ever. *shiver*

Hi- I'm looking to get in touch with Stan21. Hoping he/she would want to collaborate during ships payout rather than fight each other. Thanks!

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907