Game Update 12/15/2016 Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Prev13456710
BentWookiee
4819 posts Member
edited December 2016
Let's get into all that good stuff of 12/15/2016 Game Update!

What's New: Events, Events and MORE Events!
For a listing of all the events scheduled for the game through January, please refer to @EA_Jesse 's Tournament post linked below
Event Information

Emperor’s Demise
You’ve suspected and we’ve confirmed- Emperor’s Demise returns Dec 23rd! For more information, please see out featured update post linked below.
Emperor's Demise Update Information

New unit- Cassian Andor
A Rebel support character, Cassian gives his Rebel allies buffs at the start of each encounter, giving an immense advantage from the very start of a battle. An accomplished tactician, Cassian is best utilized to cripple his enemies with debuffs, leaving them easy pickings for his allies to finish off. He also has great synergy with K-2SO! Speaking of Cassian, that neatly dovetails into...

Cassian Tournament
Battle against other Galactic Champions to earn the new character from Rogue One- A Star Wars Story- Cassian Andor! This tournament should fire off Wednesday, Dec 21.

Omega Battles
Starting in January, Log in every 1st and 3rd weekend of the month for the Omega Battle Events! Earn rare Ability Material Omega pieces during these limited time events!

Double Drops in Cantina Battles!
In celebration of the release of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story be sure to level up with EXTRA REWARDS! Cantina battles will have double drops from now until Tuesday, December 20th.

New Bundles in Store
Be sure to head over to the store and check out these new additions in celebration of Rogue One
  • Rogue One Ultimate Bundle (limited time) Head to the store now for a Rogue One Ultimate Bundle offer! This bundle Includes character shards for a 4 star Jyn Erso, 3 star Cassian Andor, 3 star Chirrut Îmwe and much more! (Available for players lv 20+)

Tank Takedown Raid Re-balance
The Tank Takedown Raid has been rebalanced for normal difficulty. All phases of the battle have had the damage, boss health, minion health, and speed reduced. In addition to this, Jedi will have their critical strike chance increased by 20% during all phases of the Raid. We hope this makes for a better experience when participating in the Tank Takedown Raid!
Please note that if your guild currently has a Tank Takedown Raid in progress it will either need to be finished or abandoned for the latest changes to take effect.
Here are 50 salvage items of each gear piece that are found only in the Tank Takedown Raid. Enjoy, and go check out the new changes today!

Rewards:
  • (Mk 6 Merr-Sonn Thermal Detonator Salvage) x50
  • (Mk 6 CEC Fusion Furnace Salvage) x50
  • (Mk 3 Zaltin Bacta Gel Salvage) x50
  • (Mk 4 Sienar Holo Projector Salvage) x50
  • (Mk 11 BlasTech Weapon Mod Salvage) x50

Guild Shipments Update
A couple changes have been implemented for Guild shipments
  • We’ve added more characters for level 60 and above
  • We've included Tank Takedown raid exclusive gear for level 80 and above
  • There’s been a change to the quantity option of Rancor Raid exclusive gear for levels 60 and above

BUGS
Darth Vader
  • "Inspiring Through Fear" now correctly increases Offense for Sith allies.
  • "Inspiring Through Fear" now correctly increases Special Damage at all ranks.
  • "Inspiring Through Fear" Zeta upgrade now correctly grants Turn Meter reduction to Sith allies.
  • Omega Upgrade for "Force Crush" now grants 100% chance to inflict Speed Down, as stated in the final ability text. Upgrade text has also been corrected
Ships
  • Corrected an issue that stated that the Ship Ability Material Omega was available at level 80+ through completion of Daily Activities. Ship ability Omega materials will be available in a later update
  • Ship ability material challenge art - Removed unavailable ship omega ability material and replaced with prestige material
  • Fixed an issue that stated that the Ship Ability Material Omega was available at level 80+ through completion of Daily Activities.
  • Fixed the AAT's "Danger Close" ability description not mentioning that it will summon more B2s after the air strike
Characters
  • Pirate units are now correctly tagged as Scoundrels
  • Emperor Palpatine -"Crackling Doom" will now correctly damage Jedi Temple Guards.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/82239/game-update-12-15-2016/p1?new=1
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Jesus, ANOTHER tournament? Come on, this is too much, even for me--and I like tournaments.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Pxwer
    100 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    and another tournament... + Jyn available for some dollars in pack...
  • Such nice things! I also went and bought the pack. love that it is guaranteed characters.

Also tank adjustment? Sweet.
  • Overall I'm happy, don't get me wrong, but GOOD GOD--another tournament?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Great update top to bottom. And especially thanks for the list of upcoming events.
  • Why so many tournaments around Christmas? This period is a time to spend time with family and friends - not to be tucked away in the corner of the room trying to keep up with getting new toons to compete with whale dominated shards. CG are the grinches that stole Christmas.
  • Thanks for the update, lots of good things. Including yet another reason to farm Finn!

One question on the double drops - will it include mod challenges as a result of using the same energy, or is it limited to the actual cantina battles table? Thanks!
  • Finally some love for TFA era toons, I love it. Kylo rework next?
  • Thank you devs so much for keeping Emperor's Demise event difficulty unchanged! I have my rebels ready :)
    This is a signature.
  • Here are 50 salvage items of each gear piece that are found only in the Tank Takedown Raid. Enjoy, and go check out the new changes today! - except if your name is Mk 7 Merr-Soon Shield Generator Salvage...lol
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Cassians unique is beyond insane lol
  • wearywarrior74
    760 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Nice update.
  • So no real event on iOS, only those tournaments. Biggest let down since Mod-Gate.
  • Anyone refreshed to see what toons are in guild shipments?
  • tusken shaman and cody but only did 1 refresh
  • I'm happy with the the update. The new tournament not so much but I'll take the good with the bad.
  • Ehh. All rewards that are only found inthe tank raid. So could I please also ask for those mk10 holo lenses.
    Many thanks in advance
  • Starbuck wrote: »
    Why so many tournaments around Christmas? This period is a time to spend time with family and friends - not to be tucked away in the corner of the room trying to keep up with getting new toons to compete with whale dominated shards. CG are the grinches that stole Christmas.

No the opposite. They are giving us added content. There are usually good rewards for very little effort if you don't want to complete for top prizes. Not to mention you simply don't have to participate. It seems tournaments will be a regular part of the game going forward. Or at least while they have a new movie/list of characters coming out.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    @Nothermike The Doubledrops are relegated to Cantina Battles only.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Has any guild attempted the updated normal AAT raid? Can you give me some feedback on what your thoughts are compared to before. Our guild is wondering if we should reset our current normal AAT raid...
  • And the GEEEEEEAR!!!! That's awesome! Thanks EA!
  • Anyone refreshed to see what toons are in guild shipments?

I have Maul and Cody in mine.
  • Again no love for luke...
  • Are the changes to AAT T6 only or heroic as well?????
  • DarthMasterShawn
    3064 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Dang thank you a ton for all that raid gear that is just plain awesome you are talking half a vault buying in shipments that is a sweet gift much appreciated. Oh and the double drops now3-Tues is just plain awesome. @CG_Kozispoon thank you and the team. Very happy holiday you made it in SWGOH.
  • @CG_Kozispoon any info on what chars got added to the guild shop?
  • Sailstreet wrote: »
    Ehh. All rewards that are only found inthe tank raid. So could I please also ask for those mk10 holo lenses.
    Many thanks in advance

Did I miss something? I didn't get these.

• Does anyone have a screen shot of the AAT raid gear rewards we were supposed to get?
  • JohnTS676
    369 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    First off I would like to say thanks for the update, AAT rework and some rewards as compensation, a very nice chunk of desperately needed salvage/gear.

However... Enough with the "dropping stuff out of nowhere without warning" ESPECIALLY when you are gonna do something like limited time double drops. My daily reset happened so I went ahead and did my 8 refreshes for the day (4 of each energy type, ya know the reasonably priced refreshes) and then LITERALLY less than 2 mins later, client restart with a great big "oh hey! Thanks for missing a day of double drops because it really kills us to give this stuff away at this kind of rate which is why we don't tell you it's coming so that so many of you will miss out. NOT sorry we screwed you out today, thanks bye!" Why is a little warning sooo hard for you to give us really? Plenty of other companies manage to do it!
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Does anyone have a screen shot of the AAT raid gear rewards we were supposed to get?

Rewards: •(Mk 6 Merr-Sonn Thermal Detonator Salvage) x50
    •(Mk 6 CEC Fusion Furnace Salvage) x50
    •(Mk 3 Zaltin Bacta Gel Salvage) x50
    •(Mk 4 Sienar Holo Projector Salvage) x50
    •(Mk 11 BlasTech Weapon Mod Salvage) x50