R1 pack viable?

Will i have success with a 4 Star jyn and a 3 Star imwe like it is with shoretrooper? So Not have baze so far...

Replies

• Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I think we will have to wait and see, but right now $100 for three 4* and 3* toons doesn't seem like a good investment

Edit: especially as they are not farmable and I don't think they are even in chromium yet
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Too pricey imo
  • enigma_jedi
    204 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I would take that $100 and buy 19,638 crystals instead.

You won't go anywhere with 4* & 3* characters.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    $100 for the TFA back in the day turned out to be a huge waste. These toons look better, but $100 is nuts.
  • All offensive characters, so the odds aren't in your favour.

Viable, maybe. Worth it, never.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • you also get 4k crystals and 1m credits its not just the toons your getting.
  • There's still no reliable way to 7* these characters.

I already have Chirrut 4* so 50 shards are meaningless to me.
  • Baze
    182 posts Member
    I want more Chirrut shards. Gimme moar plz.

xD
  • No because you're spending $100 for unfinished characters. Go buy half an Xbox instead, it's a much better investment
  • It's pretty pointless buying half done characters with no path to level them to 7*, especially if you're iOS and can't even use ones synergy because his partner doesn't exist.
  • No because you're spending $100 for unfinished characters. Go buy half an Xbox instead, it's a much better investment

The only way I would ever buy half an Xbox is if half of Star Wars Battlefront came with it.
  • If I could buy multiples then maybe - I am tempted - but I agree that unless they become farmable (even if it's 320 crystals for 4 shards) then I think it's unlikely I'd pay for this pack.
  • even if it's 1000 for 5 shards I'll dump money. But nope, R1 isn't anywhere what I'll define as viable.
  • Sorry guys, but my question was not if you think that it is Worth the Money but if the characters are in the Position to compete at low star Level like shoretrooper is
  • Sorry guys, but my question was not if you think that it is Worth the Money but if the characters are in the Position to compete at low star Level like shoretrooper is

Nobody has Jyn Erso yet. Nobody has Cassian Andor yet. That's 2 out of 3 characters in the pack. So how can anybody tell you how they hold up in Arena at low stars?

They look pretty beastly. But nobody knows.
  • Acrofales wrote: »
    Sorry guys, but my question was not if you think that it is Worth the Money but if the characters are in the Position to compete at low star Level like shoretrooper is

Nobody has Jyn Erso yet. Nobody has Cassian Andor yet. That's 2 out of 3 characters in the pack. So how can anybody tell you how they hold up in Arena at low stars?

Acrofales wrote: »
    Sorry guys, but my question was not if you think that it is Worth the Money but if the characters are in the Position to compete at low star Level like shoretrooper is

Ok thx
  • A good rule of thumb (that has been proven time and again in the past year +) is that you can tell a pack is over priced by looking at one thing:

If it's not free, it's not worth it. YWIA.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If you have a 3 or 4 * baze. And unlocked chirrut. It could be worth it.

3 and 4 * toons g10 are solid. They all have a great synergy. So viable yes.

For $100, it's not for me, but it's not a gamble. You know what you are getting. I bought the rebel pack when they did the same thing, a set price and a known list of exactly what you are getting. That's how it should be. I would spend more if this was the case with more newly released things.
  • If it was Baze instead of anders I'd say worth it for me. even at the low star counts. 4* for all three would be better value to me. But Anders has no value to me period. Admittedly jyn won't do me much good either. As it's 7* rebels I need not 4* ones.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Dunno what you mean by "viable".
    But if you compare to the Kylo package (4*toon for 100$) it is much more interresting.
    Also shards are better than full toon.

The main drawback is that those characters are not farmable yet.
    But if you have some success in the tournament and the extra shards allow you to bring them up 1 more star, it may be worthwile.... if you have some extra pocket-money.

That's a lot of "if" though.
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    It's definitely a tight deal...

Using the 50 crystals per shard rule..

The characters, crystals and credits is worth about 13600 crystals... So a couple of omegas, some mats and training droids for ~2000 crystals? (more if you count the 25% crystal bonus active right now).

So straight numbers-wise doesn't hold too much value. If you consider your time, there could be some value there, but as others have said without knowing how bad the farm will be its hard to make a proper decision.

• Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Twin wrote: »

The characters, crystals and credits is worth about 13600 crystals... So a couple of omegas, some mats and training droids for ~2000 crystals? (more if you count the 25% crystal bonus active right now).

So straight numbers-wise doesn't hold too much value. If you consider your time, there could be some value there, but as others have said without knowing how bad the farm will be its hard to make a proper decision.

50 crystals per shard doesn't hold up if they're chromium or tournament exclusive, which these toons certainly will be for a while.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Zooey wrote: »

50 crystals per shard doesn't hold up if they're chromium or tournament exclusive, which these toons certainly will be for a while.

So you are saying it's a better deal or worse?

With the horrible Baze RNG in chromiums one could easily make the argument that makes the deal better?

Though it still all comes down to farmability...
  • Twin wrote: »

With the horrible Baze RNG in chromiums one could easily make the argument that makes the deal better?

But baze is currently in the shard shop so he's much easier to obtain if you have a raft of spare shards... Which I do not. I'm still new enough that a chaze pack would be very attractive.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Kyleslater wrote: »

But baze is currently in the shard shop so he's much easier to obtain if you have a raft of spare shards... Which I do not. I'm still new enough that a chaze pack would be very attractive.

Previous poster mentioned the 3 toons in the pack might be chromium/tourney exclusive. Suggesting that be equated to the value of the Rogue One pack.

I mentioned Blaze because people spent thousands to get all his shards via chromium packs. I wasn't referencing the farm of Baze specifically but rather the odds of farming a character via Chromium packs. Given the lousy odds of Baze recently that could make this pack worth it (if the odds for these 3 are just as bad).

Using Baze as an example the odds of getting a specific character via chromium is worse then in the past just due to there being more characters and I have not heard if drop rates have been modified. A little while ago certain clones had much better odds, which could still be the case.