Darth Sidious Rework

Death Stroke - (Basic)

Darth Sidious deals physical damage with ja 75% to inflict healing and/or buff immunity and has a 100% chance to expose Jedi and a 30% chance to daze Jedi. This attack is unavoidable.

Demoralizing Blows - (Special)

Deal physical damage to all enemies and gain speed up with a 10% protection recovery if more than one enemy was critically hit.

Master of Blades - (Special)

Sidious deals physical damage to an enemy and calls a random ally to assist. If Jedi Knight Anakin is present, he assist in addition.

Unlimited Power - (Leader)

All allies gain 50% critical chance and deals 25% more damage on a critical hit. Sith allies gain twice that amount.

Sadistic Glee - (Unique)

Sidious gains +50% evasion from jedi and receives speed up for 1 turn if critically hit. If Anakin is present, he has a 70% chance to assist.

Replies

• Options
    He might be weak sauce to people with chir/baze but for some of us he's still a serious threat. Though that said that basic change might be preferable.

Is this actual changes from data mine or suggestion? because if it's suggestion I'd lower jka assist to 50% or give him only 70% damage on assist
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    Kyleslater wrote: »
    He might be weak sauce to people with chir/baze but for some of us he's still a serious threat. Though that said that basic change might be preferable.

Is this actual changes from data mine or suggestion? because if it's suggestion I'd lower jka assist to 50% or give him only 70% damage on assist

It's a suggestion. Sidious is only threatening as a low level player.
  • Options
    He was meta when the game started. You're badas with a Sidious + Lumi combo =D
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, Lumi, Sidious, QGJ, Dooku, Daka. Uber lol.
  • Options
    Aknf2001 wrote: »

< low level player apparently...

I think you mean player with roster that wasn't based on wiggs meta. Cause I'm definitely 85 but emperor still is a worry.
  • Options
    I'm 85 and I haven't seen him in arena for ages. After the protection release and healers faded out of the meta he lost some of his magic, also JKA does everything he does but a thousand times better. A maxed sideous with a sith or empire squad is still average.

@Kyleslater did you say emperor, are you talking about palpatine or darth sideous? Palpatines amazing sideous is not.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hmm what about his current Zeta? Have you ran Sid under Vader Zeta?
    Also I think you should swap out Anakin for Dooku in terms of synergy since the Anakin in game is from Clone Wars and not ROTS
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    sideous under Vader would apply a few more dots that's correct but his kit and damage is still pretty underwhelming, especially when you think about what boba could do in that slot instead.
  • Kyleslater
    438 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    lukeroks wrote: »
    sideous under Vader would apply a few more dots that's correct but his kit and damage is still pretty underwhelming, especially when you think about what boba could do in that slot instead.

well I'm not compareing him to boba because on my shard I'm still lucky not to face topped out bobas. Even as bad as sidious is. Hes still a serious threat to my team. Keep in mind my roster is not very deep at all. I just hit 85 and have only been playing since mid summer.
    lukeroks wrote: »
    I'm 85 and I haven't seen him in arena for ages. After the protection release and healers faded out of the meta he lost some of his magic, also JKA does everything he does but a thousand times better. A maxed sideous with a sith or empire squad is still average.

@Kyleslater did you say emperor, are you talking about palpatine or darth sideous? Palpatines amazing sideous is not.

I mean sideous. Like I said above... Sideous is a serious threat. Palp I don't even bother to try at this point... Maybe after xmas when I have 5* palp and b2/shortrooper up to 85 I might attempt to fight palp but with my current heavy jedi team (the crappy ones... not the good ones) I might as well not even try.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    How about one simple change that might fix him. Whenever he lands healing immunity, the damage ignores protection and hits health directly (while adding the debuff). If it doesn't stick, it just does normal damage as normal.
  • Options
    Olga wrote: »
    How about one simple change that might fix him. Whenever he lands healing immunity, the damage ignores protection and hits health directly (while adding the debuff). If it doesn't stick, it just does normal damage as normal.

I like it! +10
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Assists don't fit the design theme of Sith.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

I think you mean player with roster that wasn't based on wiggs meta. Cause I'm definitely 85 but emperor still is a worry.

Emperor is a threat. Sidious is not.
  • Options
    Really his damage is weak and his healing immunity debuff isn't a threat with everyone starting with high amounts of protection. The above suggested ignore protect buff to his basic would be nice but his damage still isn't that great. Maybe adding utility could help make up for his lack of damage, something like inflict Buff Immunity on critical hits with his basic?

Sidious was one of my first 7*'s but even with the buff to his potency his damage output just falls off so much compared to other options that can replace him. I mean think about it, would you really rather have Sidious or Boba/Tie Fighter Pilot? I wish I could say Sids but as he is, his lack of damage/utility just makes it too much of a liability.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Alright, how about we give sidious a new debuff. Armour penetration debuff.
    When he hits a target, he hits them with a resistable armour penetration debuff.
    If it sticks, it means anyone in your squad can attack health directly on that target, ignoring their protection.
    I'm not sure why Sidious would deserve a debuff like this though, feels better suited to a Mandalorian character.
  • Options
    That leader ability is a bit too far. 50% crit chance and 25% crit damage, and then sith get twice that. As in, EP, Vader, Maul, Dooku, Savage, and Sid would all have +100% crit chance and +50% crit damage. That makes a lot of mods useless as well as some unique abilities.
  • Options
    I take sid out first thing in GW since he messes with my healing. And I have EE.
  • Kyleslater
    438 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Uh am I not making myself clear enough? Palp is hopelessly impossible to me. Sideous is still a serious threat though. He might not be up to you chaze/wiggs team level but some of us don't have the bloody meta and things like sideous are still a dreadful threat. Next your gonna say well you must be a nub and not top 10 in your server.... No kiddin? I'd be happy with top 200... Clearly we are playing the game at two very different levels.... I wish I was at yours but I haven't been able to reach it yet and suspect I want not be reaching it any time soon.

No bottom like as much as you might say sideous is a failure in current meta he's still very much terrifying to some of us. Do I think he doesn't need a rework? That's not for me to say. And reworking him might work well in my favour cause I can actually farm him.

• Options

Uh am I not making myself clear enough? Palp is hopelessly impossible to me. Sideous is still a serious threat though. He might not be up to you chaze/wiggs team level but some of us don't have the bloody meta and things like sideous are still a dreadful threat. Next your gonna say well you must be a nub and not top 10 in your server.... No kiddin? I'd be happy with top 200... Clearly we are playing the game at two very different levels.... I wish I was at yours but I haven't been able to reach it yet and suspect I want not be reaching it any time soon.

No bottom like as much as you might say sideous is a failure in current meta he's still very much terrifying to some of us. Do I think he doesn't need a rework? That's not for me to say. And reworking him might work well in my favour cause I can actually farm him.

Don't use Chaze or Wiggs, I find those two to be cheap.
  • Options
    Don't use Chaze, Wiggs or Cassian/K2??
  • Options

Here is the thing tho, if you dont mind my butting into your conversation. Sidious is replaceable by a Large number of farmable characters that are just flat better than him. If you are sticking to dark side characters Tie Fighter Pilot, Boba, Dooku and even the recently buffed Asaj bring more damage and utility than him. He brings medioce damage, DoTs, and a heal immunity debuff that is only effective for 40-50% of most characters effective health pools. He definitely needs more and if you are focusing him in arena you are likely leaving true threats to wreck your team while targeting him. As much as I wish he was good, mines 7 star G8 lvl 75, I just cant justify investing anymore resources in him until he gets better.
  • Options
    Don't use Chaze, Wiggs or Cassian/K2??

Nope
  • Options
    I don't like the assists. They go against the nature of the Sith and especially Sidious, who was arguably the best lightsaber combatant in the universe during his prime and a strong believer in the Rule of One. The only reason he "needed" Anakin's help against Mace Windu was because he needed Anakin to make the conscious decision to betray the Jedi in favour of saving Padme. Everything about that fight was 100% orchestrated by Sidious to play out exactly the way it did. But when it comes to actual combat, Sidious has no need of anyone's assistance and is frequently seen sending away his guards when trouble comes knocking.

As far his kit goes in-game, I think it's fine. His unique zeta gives him extra health so he really just needs a boost in his attack power. If I were to change anything, I would probably reduce the cooldown on Demoralizing Blows by one (to 3 turns), make his evade bonus work against everyone, not just Jedi, and possibly make him immune to critical hits. With some added survivability and better damage output, he'd become somewhat dangerous when paired with Palpatine and/or Vader and that's not a bad niche for him to occupy.