So, how is the tank raid now?

Prev13
djvita
1684 posts Member
Are animations faster on both levels?
Did you see a faster progress than before? Anyone now now the health of P1?
Heroic is unchanged (as it was not mentioned)?
Thanks for your answers!

Replies

• Phase 2 animations are faster! It feels like it was speed up x4! All phases got their hp reduced by half I think. 500k in phase 1 is about 4-5% and 2.1m in phase 2 is about 10%. Haven't tried Heroic but it shouldn't have changed as it was balanced correctly IMO. The damage the boss does in phase 1 feels like a mosquito but it does pile up if you don't have a cleanser.
  • Thank you!
    Guys we can now do the raid not in 3 months, but in 1,5 great!
  • Way too easy. Our guild was doing normal raids in about 4 days. We just got to P3 before our first refresh. The imbalance is going to force officers to ration attacks to keep it fair.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Not just animation speeds, but speed-speed was changed, too. My teams would get pummelled before their first turn in the original incarnation, now I actually get turns. It's still a challenge for a normal player, but it's within the realm of possibility.

For reference, a bunch of my friends are out seeing Rogue One tonight, so only three of us have done attacks yet but we've got it down to about 90% already. (Edit for clarity: 10% damage has been dealt.)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Sounds good im launching a heroic tomorrow hoñefully the difficulry stayed the same
  • They went full Grandmaster with it.
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I went ahead and did it. Instead of about .15% Phase Damage Per Day (PDPD) I was able too take out 1.25% PDPD on auto battle so with direct engagment it would be about 1.5% PDPD

So too answer your question. Well worth it if your sitting in the same place we were battling T4 going T5
    Post edited by RancorPackGuild on
  • P1 would take us about a few days to do.

After update since some of big hitters didn't get on since it was late we still managed to get p1 to under 50
  • Currently after 33 members participating, we are sitting at 50% left in p4...could easily clear without a refresh but we halted to get participation numbers up. Animations are great, the boss health is good, but all the additional droids and cannons need a small health boost and the raid needs a slight damage boost overall. But thats being picky, it's definitely an A+ change
  • This is the news our guild has been waiting for.
    AT, as it was, crushed the spirit of our guild a little. We saw people less active than ever & the resolve to even throw an attack to any phase grew less & less as the weeks went by (yeah, we are STILL on a Normal raid from its conception & are only just in the final phase now).
    We're currently voting wether to abandon our current attempt & move to a more 'guild friendly' difficulty & hopefully revitalise what was lost or give one last FU to the abomination that was supposed to be a Normal raid being so close to the end.
    My money's on kicking it into the scarlac...
  • They went full Grandmaster with it.

Lol +1
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Toppled the tank 9x in phase 2. Did 14% w/ 1 team. They went overboard w/ the nerf bat.
    Gonna have to do a 0 score board day now like we do w/ Rancor.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Poxx wrote: »
    Toppled the tank 9x in phase 2. Did 14% w/ 1 team. They went overboard w/ the nerf bat.

guilds that were still stuck in the first fase probably don't think they went "overboard". I agree that damage control isn't much fun, but i'm happy with rewards every 3 days instead of 5/6 days.
    Animation speed is awesome btw, very pleased about that.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • It's way better! we're finishing up P1 hopefully by tonight. If we can get one raid done per week, we're in a better position to develop our characters. Thank you!
  • leef wrote: »

guilds that were still stuck in the first fase probably don't think they went "overboard". I agree that damage control isn't much fun, but i'm happy with rewards every 3 days instead of 5/6 days.

They should've just added an "easy" tier instead of this.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Supercat wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

For my guild this sollution is better as far as rewards go. If that's not the case for your guild you're probably very close to heroic.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Still slow, cheap and frustrating. Some people say too easy now, maybe so. I still find it annoying as hell to even bother with, at least on P1. GG constant TM, resummon, 10 turns in a row zzz.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Olga wrote: »
    Still slow, cheap and frustrating. Some people say too easy now, maybe so. I still find it annoying as hell to even bother with, at least on P1. GG constant TM, resummon, 10 turns in a row zzz.

did your guild restart the raid for the changes to take effect?
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Yeah, I tried different comp though, so maybe that's why. It started out okay, but after a few minutes it was like he enraged or something. /auto-battle afk.
  • Supercat wrote: »

This. Normal did need a slight nerf just because as soon as you fiiished it fast enough to start running out of tickets you were ready for heroic, which is dumb. But now guilds will have no way to judge if they are ready for heroic.

Glad that some of you guys are finally now able to complete it and get rewards, but this was too big of a nerf.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    And the problem with this version of normal, is the same problem with the new toons. It shows that the devs don't know how to balance properly.
  • Maegor wrote: »

This. Normal did need a slight nerf just because as soon as you fiiished it fast enough to start running out of tickets you were ready for heroic, which is dumb. But now guilds will have no way to judge if they are ready for heroic.

Glad that some of you guys are finally now able to complete it and get rewards, but this was too big of a nerf.

+18 quadrillion

Our normal just went from 4 refreshes to 8.5 hours. We have to institute raid rules for normal tank.
  • At least no one is soloing it like the rancor. Also if you need to resort to limiting damage you might want to try out a heroic because some of the lower guilds needed this
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Maegor wrote: »

+18 quadrillion

Our normal just went from 4 refreshes to 8.5 hours. We have to institute raid rules for normal tank.

full disagree
    more rewards > having to do dmg controll
    you're close to heroic with just 4 refreshes, damage controll is inevitable in heroic eventually anyway. Small price to pay for more rewards.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    edited December 2016

+18 quadrillion

full disagree
    you're close to heroic with just 4 refreshes, damage controll is inevitable in heroic eventually anyway. Small price to pay for more rewards.

Just wait and see. Guilds that can do normal AAT in a day will go into heroic and get crushed. Then they will be back here complaining heroic is too hard. Guilds have no way of knowing when they ready now.

Edit: other than keeping track of everybody's roster and seeing if they can superteam heroic.
  • Maegor wrote: »
    And the problem with this version of normal, is the same problem with the new toons. It shows that the devs don't know how to balance properly.

Agreed, this is as much of a joke as the first version, in the other direction. The old Phase one took my guild 4 days to finish, the new Phase one we did in one hour. It certainly seems like this just could have been added as an "easy" tier.
    The good thing is we will have access to the same rewards, for much less effort, and will not be wasting raid tickets anymore.
  • leef wrote: »

+18 quadrillion

full disagree

We tried heroic this past weekend. Stalled out in P2. So we needed more work. We now have no way of gauging when we've done that work, other than blowing tickets on heroic.

This rework should've been an easy tier, not the new normal tier. And it's not really more rewards. You still can't run more than 5 every two weeks, because you can only get so many tickets. So there's no difference between doing a 3-refresh normal and a 3 hour normal.
  • Tavanh wrote: »
    All phases got their hp reduced by half I think. 500k in phase 1 is about 4-5% and 2.1m in phase 2 is about 10%.
    Can anyone else confirm health percentages in the other phases? My guild has 60% left on phase 3 after 56 days, and they are worried about losing 2 months worth of work if we restart. If hp is only reduced by half, and we are already past the halfway point in the raid, does it make more sense to slog through the next month and finish?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

+18 quadrillion

full disagree

Just wait and see. Guilds that can do normal AAT in a day will go into heroic and get crushed. Then they will be back here complaining heroic is too hard. Guilds have no way of knowing when they ready now.

Edit: other than keeping track of everybody's roster and seeing if they can superteam heroic.

the fact that people will complain is not really an argument for anything really, people will complain regardless of merit.
    Sure, judging your heroic readyness is more difficult, still: small price to pay for more rewards. You can do quite a few trail and error attempts on heroic and still do more normal raids in between than you could do before this difficulty adjustment.
    I'm not blind to the negative effects of this adjustment, but the rewards outweight those effects by far (imo)
  • Tavanh wrote: »
    All phases got their hp reduced by half I think. 500k in phase 1 is about 4-5% and 2.1m in phase 2 is about 10%.
    Can anyone else confirm health percentages in the other phases? My guild has 60% left on phase 3 after 56 days, and they are worried about losing 2 months worth of work if we restart. If hp is only reduced by half, and we are already past the halfway point in the raid, does it make more sense to slog through the next month and finish?

It's not just health. They nerfed everything about normal (health, damage, speed stats, etc...). Restart.