Poggle The Game Changer..

I was quite lucky pulling a 4* Poggle in a bronzium pack. Since then I've invested a lot into him, he's currently sitting at level 61 gear VII and he's so helpful in arena and GW. Just wondering if anyone else has had a good experience using him. I'm close to getting Lumi 7* so will invest all future GW shipments into him. :)

Replies

• following
  • I also pulled him from bronze a long time ago, and I was initially disappointed. I slapped myself and then realized his greatness. I havent actually starred him any higher than the 4 he came with because I've been busy with Lumi and Phasma, but even at 4* Gear Level 7 and level 60+, he is amazing. I dont think you'll hear anyone having a bad experience with him.
  • Same thing happened to me. I was less than a week into the game and he was BY FAR my most powerful character. Fastforward to today, level 60, 5* (farming 6*, hopefully tomorrow), purple gear, Poggle is the center of my A-squad and I really miss his offense-up on light side battles I can't use it.

His only real weakness is Ventress.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member

Same thing happened to me. I was less than a week into the game and he was BY FAR my most powerful character. Fastforward to today, level 60, 5* (farming 6*, hopefully tomorrow), purple gear, Poggle is the center of my A-squad and I really miss his offense-up on light side battles I can't use it.

I use Asajj and she's so slow, unless she's the lead, that you can take out a couple people with offense up before she can remove the buff.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member

That, and he's a one-trick pony, really. His special is all he has, and if you can prevent him from using it (Dooku stun, Daka stun, Lumi ability-block, etc.), he's a wasted slot. Even if he gets it off, if the rest of the team doesn't finish me off fast, I will come back and eventually beat them.
    All of which is why I consider him good but not OP.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Poggle is good for sure. Mine sits at 6 stars and 5/6 of VII. He is especially powerful when pared with geo soldier. The droids squad is not very popular though.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • i have:

almost 7* phasma
    almost 7* sid
    7* JC
    5* Rey
    4* dooku

was thinking of going after poggle to replace JC (was also thinking farming Lumi to replace JC, but been told to go for poggle on another thread)

You guys seem to know your stuff... should I go for poggle? Will it help my team in PvP Arena?
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »

That, and he's a one-trick pony, really. His special is all he has, and if you can prevent him from using it (Dooku stun, Daka stun, Lumi ability-block, etc.), he's a wasted slot. Even if he gets it off, if the rest of the team doesn't finish me off fast, I will come back and eventually beat them.

Yes Poggle's special is 90% of his value. But if you pair him with Poe, he can definitely buff up the whole team as long as you did not one shot Poe, with ... Dooku, Leia, or QGJ. The latter two has a possibility to achieve that, but needs at least 6 stars ($). Don't forget there is a chance that Poggle's base attack impose ability block as well.

And yes he is good but not OP.

swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    i have:

almost 7* phasma
    almost 7* sid
    7* JC
    5* Rey
    4* dooku

was thinking of going after poggle to replace JC (was also thinking farming Lumi to replace JC, but been told to go for poggle on another thread)

You guys seem to know your stuff... should I go for poggle? Will it help my team in PvP Arena?

My 4* Poggle bumped my team up from top 50 to top 3 daily. He's now almost 6*. A great addition to any team - although Phasma and Poggle might be too heavy on the support role.

My team is 7* Lumi, 7* JC, 7* Sid, 6* Poe, 5* Poggle
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    i have:

almost 7* phasma
    almost 7* sid
    7* JC
    5* Rey
    4* dooku

Poggle fits great on every team, but I feel like if you're going to add poggle to that team you should replace Phasma with Poggle and run Sidious as lead. The extra critical damage works wonders with the damage boost.

I like both JC and Lumi as the main healers, they're interchangeable for me, although the raised level cap did level out JC's power compared to Luminara.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Double post, I guess you can't delete stuff here?
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    MaceMazer wrote: »
    I was quite lucky pulling a 4* Poggle in a bronzium pack. Since then I've invested a lot into him, he's currently sitting at level 61 gear VII and he's so helpful in arena and GW. Just wondering if anyone else has had a good experience using him. I'm close to getting Lumi 7* so will invest all future GW shipments into him. :)

Yes. Imo he is the best 4* character in the game (f2p). After Lumi, I'd definitely finish him, as his damage goes up and he actually attacks quite often, as he is fast speed and not a high priority target once he gets his buff off. Combined with his ability block, he's more than a one trick pony - great at blocking Bariss heals and Kylo's damage boost attack. The health increase is nice too
  • l3end3r wrote: »
    i have:

almost 7* phasma
    almost 7* sid
    7* JC
    5* Rey
    4* dooku

My 4* Poggle bumped my team up from top 50 to top 3 daily. He's now almost 6*. A great addition to any team - although Phasma and Poggle might be too heavy on the support role.

i have:

almost 7* phasma
    almost 7* sid
    7* JC
    5* Rey
    4* dooku

Poggle fits great on every team, but I feel like if you're going to add poggle to that team you should replace Phasma with Poggle and run Sidious as lead. The extra critical damage works wonders with the damage boost.

I like both JC and Lumi as the main healers, they're interchangeable for me, although the raised level cap did lower JC'

that's weird, I was told somewhere else poggle would fit great with phasma

glad i asked for more opinions lol

was considering farming poe as well
    (only missing 8 shards to 7* sid)

so obviously i'm a long way aways from using poe, poggle or lumi

what would you guys use for a team if I got poe and poggle?

Sid
    poggle
    poe
    rey
    dooku?
  • Qeltar wrote: »

Well stated.. That's exactly what I thought when I saw this, "one trick pony".

I see him occasionally at higher levels, especially with droids, he can hurt.. But not enough to win it. A debuff alone is not worth a 20% of a team IMO.

• MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    l3end3r wrote: »
    i have:

almost 7* phasma
    almost 7* sid
    7* JC
    5* Rey
    4* dooku

i have:

almost 7* phasma
    almost 7* sid
    7* JC
    5* Rey
    4* dooku

I like both JC and Lumi as the main healers, they're interchangeable for me, although the raised level cap did lower JC'

Sid
    poggle
    poe
    rey
    dooku?

They do work great together but you have no FO characters to really get the most out of it, even Geo soldier and IG-86 because of their assist abilities.

Phasma is about extra attacks and Sidious is about more powerful attacks.

It's just a preference really.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    My GW team is Barris, Lumni, Daka, Poggle, and Geo Soldier. Poggle makes Lumni hit like a truck so my team has ridiculous heals and pretty awesome damage as well. Even Bariss' attack is decent with offense buff.
  • l3end3r wrote: »
    i have:

almost 7* phasma
    almost 7* sid
    7* JC
    5* Rey
    4* dooku

i have:

almost 7* phasma
    almost 7* sid
    7* JC
    5* Rey
    4* dooku

Sid
    poggle
    poe
    rey
    dooku?

They do work great together but you have no FO characters to really get the most out of it, even Geo soldier and IG-86 because of their assist abilities.

Phasma is about extra attacks and Sidious is about more powerful attacks.

It's just a preference really.

true

im farming kylo right now, but seems like drop rate is slower then JC, so i'm far away from getting him (even less using him)

I've been using cantina credit to get daka (was originally going to replacr JC with her)

Regretting not going for Poe instead.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    The Poe meta will fade soon and you will not regret having Daka. She's a very strong and useful character in all game modes where she can be used.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    The Poe meta will fade soon and you will not regret having Daka. She's a very strong and useful character in all game modes where she can be used.

love her in dark missions!
    her stun is better then people think
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    l3end3r wrote: »
    i have:

almost 7* phasma
    almost 7* sid
    7* JC
    5* Rey
    4* dooku

i have:

almost 7* phasma
    almost 7* sid
    7* JC
    5* Rey
    4* dooku

Sid
    poggle
    poe
    rey
    dooku?

If you use Poggle and Poe, you want big single target crit damage and Sid (leader) to boost the damage

Rey could work but might be better with Phasma.

Lumi, FOTP, Luke are some of the characters that come to my mind as they go after the Poggle buff and hit hard

I almost have my Luke complete, but I can tell you that Lumi can hit over 10k with a Sid crit
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Ive been wrecked by him a few times, enough to invest all GW credits to recently. I unlock him at midnight, am about to get GS to 4* and also just started farming Ventress upon finishing Sid today :-)
  • So who is he best with? I know he has the droid synergy and probably des well in AOE teams but is he worth it outside of those options. I have a level 50 poggle that I usually toss in with the B team in GW but have never taken him in the arena. I have Sid, phasma, Kylo and Lumi at 7* but I don't know if he'd be worth the last spot. At 5* and gear 5 he hits like a sleepy grandma but his buff is nice and speed is decent.
  • MaceMazer
    126 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    So who is he best with? I know he has the droid synergy and probably des well in AOE teams but is he worth it outside of those options. I have a level 50 poggle that I usually toss in with the B team in GW but have never taken him in the arena. I have Sid, phasma, Kylo and Lumi at 7* but I don't know if he'd be worth the last spot. At 5* and gear 5 he hits like a sleepy grandma but his buff is nice and speed is decent.

He's a very versatile character IMO. He shines best in droid teams, yes, however I'm running him in my arena squad alongside Sid (leader) 7* Lumi 6* JC 6* and Dooku 5* he can fit in with anyone really. In my DS battles he pairs up really well with Phasma and her leader ability.
  • I may have to improve him and experiment. I have like 8.5k GW shipments waiting.
  • Poggle is at best average as a stand alone charcter
    But is the difference between a good squad and an average one. Poggle has alowed me to keep high ranks over night and makes my offense a lot more reliable.
    He's difficult to counter too unless you have dooku or daka.
  • I am a big Poggle fan. As stated, he is very good unless he gets stunned right away so you miss out on his offense up ability early on.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    BentWookie wrote: »
    A debuff alone is not worth a 20% of a team IMO

If you can shoot with the rest of the team, sure it does. 50% more damage *3 or 4 chars = 150-200% accumulated damage. The trick is you need to be sure you shoot those other chars. That's why he works so well in the Po-Poe droid team.