Plo Koon's basic not debuffing properly

Hi, I know this belongs in feedback, but there's no traffic there. I'm wondering if anybody is having the same issue? Plo is supposed to remove a random buff, but often as not he doesn't remove any. Buff removal is his only redeeming quality for my team. Please fix his basic to fit description :)

Replies

• Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe it can be resisted.
  • Options
    You cant resist a buff removal, its not based on potency. Clearly this is a bug.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    It's just a potency issue, I think, as his Offense Down hardly ever lands either.
  • Options
    I have seen this issue. It has been posted in bugs.

To me the problem started occurring when I maxed it out.

What everyone assumes it should be....
    "Remove one buff AND 50% chance to remove all buffs"

What it actually appears to be....
    "Remove one buff OR 50% chance to remove all buffs"

So what I see happening is I fail the 50% chance and get nothing instead of having it fall back to the one buff removal.

• Options
    I use him in arena and it's been a definite problem for me as well.
  • Options
    Same here since forever really
  • Options
    Same. Wouldn't hold your breath. I'm still waiting on the Teebo bug.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/9612/teebo-loses-stealth-too-soon#latest
  • Options
    I have seen this issue. It has been posted in bugs.

To me the problem started occurring when I maxed it out.

What everyone assumes it should be....
    "Remove one buff AND 50% chance to remove all buffs"

What it actually appears to be....
    "Remove one buff OR 50% chance to remove all buffs"

So what I see happening is I fail the 50% chance and get nothing instead of having it fall back to the one buff removal.

Problem is that it is worded like the first and not the second. It's extremely annoying and I wish they would clarify if this is intended or a bug.

• Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    It's just a potency issue, I think, as his Offense Down hardly ever lands either.

That was most definitely changed a while back. Buff removal is not tied to potency any more. It should never be resisted. I remember when they made that change, because I used to use Yoda tenacity up to prevent my taunts from being dispelled. As long as the target doesn't dodge, then dispel should work 100% of the time.

And to the OP's original question, yes. I see the same bug. Don't use PK too much as he still isn't very good. But on the rare occasion he fills in for me in GW his dispel still works sporadically.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I used to get **** about the same thing with Lumi ability block. Nothing in her ability says it is based on chance or can be resisted. It says "Inflict ability block" no questions. She only ever landed it 25-30% of the time. I never omega'd it because it was so **** useless. Her basic was stronger, and even that sucks.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Olga wrote: »
    I used to get **** about the same thing with Lumi ability block. Nothing in her ability says it is based on chance or can be resisted. It says "Inflict ability block" no questions. She only ever landed it 25-30% of the time. I never omega'd it because it was so **** useless. Her basic was stronger, and even that sucks.

That's different tho, inflicting a debuff is tied to potency. You need to boost her potency up to land it more often.
  • Options
    Olga wrote: »

Ability block is a debuff. Debuffs can be resisted. There are a small number of exceptions. (Mace's expose for instance) But it will say in the description that it cannot be resisted. All other debuffs can be resisted unless the description specifically says that it can't. Dispel is not a debuff (red negative effect over the head). It is the removal of positive effects, and cannot be resisted.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I get that now, but it's too late for that. She's too weak in the meta to waste time with these days.
  • Options
    Hopefully Kenobi, more reworks, and other new zeta abilities to come will make healers useful again. And I hope the same is true of Plo Koon. He got a tweak, but he's still horrifically mediocre.