Possible Stormtrooper Rework Ideas

I think most people can agree that the Stormtrooper is... no reason to sugar-coat my words here, he's absolute garbage. His basic literally only does damage, and not even that much. His taunt is basically a suicide button, and his special gives him about enough defence to get at/slightly below par for tanks, thanks to his awful base defence.

All in all, there's just about no reason you'd ever pick Stormtrooper if you had literally any other option. Considering the fact that Stormtroopers are probably the most famous bad-guy army ever made, it seems a bit of a disservice to make them so utterly worthless in-game.

However, I have two possible changes that could make him a decent character, maybe even a downright good one.

1 - Switch out his passive for a new one that goes something like the following:
"Stormtrooper gains the following bonuses for each additional Empire character on his team.
1 Empire character - X% additional defence
2 Empire characrers - X% additional health
3 Empire characters - Taunt bonus effect has 100% proc-chance
4 Empire characters - Stormtrooper's basic attack and taunt bonus effect cannot miss or be dodged"

Or

2 - Give every Empire character a 'Stormtrooper Effect'. These are basically buffs that those characters give to a Stormtrooper if they are both on a team. For example, EP's could make the Stormtrooper automatically taunt (even if it's on CD) if EP falls below a certain amount of health, kinda like Grievous. Or Vader's could make it so Stormtrooper can't be ability-blocked. You get the idea.

There's a good chance that these changes could make Stormtrooper insanely annoying and strong if they go over the top, but does that really matter so much in the game where Chaze was allowed to happen?

Replies

• He needs a ton more health.
  • DarthAl wrote: »
    He needs a ton more health.

He's got the tank stats of an attacker and the attacker stats of a tank.
  • Lolol ^
    Give storm trooper some more health and give him a ton of specials. Like all the ones we play against in cantina and ls and ds. Let him heal, bombs, taunt. Make him versatile.
  • Absolute trash, i farmed him for the potency challenge but can t 3* it with him in the team. I have to wait now for ep to be realased to finish this challenge.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Wall of stormtroopers, ability level 8 - gain a 13% chance for each living empire ally to only receive damage equal to 2.5% of his max health when attacked
    Some feature like this would make his mediocre health less of a problem?
    Edited a number
    Post edited by Allenb60 on
  • Here's my idea

Basic:Deal physical damage to target enemy and do double damage to rebels with a 50% chance to do triple damage

Special:taunt for 2 turns and remove 20 percent turn meter from all enemies and removing 15% when hit

Unique:(Credit to @Aero for the idea) Whenever Stormtrooper is defeated, fill all empty team slots with Stormtrooper with 100% health
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Remember that the unique doesn't apply to the new Stormtroopers.

I'm thinking that might not be possible because, come to think of it, whenever the raid spawns in new characters it's always the same characters in each slot.
  • I agree with the OP.
    Stormtropper is one of the few no name characters that is actually "iconic"
    He should be the one standing in a empire team and not a shoretrooper who has a small screentime in one movie.
  • But isn't it the job of a Stormtrooper to die, and rather easily at that? :wink:
  • Only thing they should change is his basic:

Imperial Marksmanship - Hit one random target. This ability can ignore taunts and stealth. If the target hit is the same as the targeted enemy, this attack deals 10% more damage for each living enemy.

Basically, it'll hit someone. And you have a 1/5 chance (if everyones alive) that it'll hit the one you want to hit and do 50% more damage. 1/4 to do 40% more, 1/3 to do 30% more, 1/2 to do 20% more and if theres only one enemy left, well it'll just do 10% more damage. But odds are the stormtrooper won't be alive then.