Finn Rework

Thanks to community feedback, Finn has been updated to herald his arrival as the daily login character for January!

Where is this rework Finn community that they speak of? This silent majority must be heard. No longer do they need to hide in the shadows.

Replies

• Couldnt stand the char in the films... hence could never bring myself to farm him lol
  • Saraleb wrote: »
    Couldnt stand the char in the films... hence could never bring myself to farm him lol

And now you won't have to!

At this rate, I will actually be able to get the speed mods! First a free pilot and now a free Finn. Anybody want to give me a free Poe and Trooper?
  • Of the original characters in tfa I liked Finn the most and even then he's seems like wasted potential, regardless I farmed a resistsance team and Finn as actually pretty decent and I'm glad he's getting a buff as he's pretty meh, not bad but underwhelming espically for a main movie character although for tfa characters I'd place Kylo has a higher priority of buffs
  • Saraleb wrote: »
    Couldnt stand the char in the films... hence could never bring myself to farm him lol

I just didn't because he's absolutely worthless. Now he'll be "mostly useless".

I agree with the sentiment of the OP though...if they were REALLY listening to community feedback, they'd have fixed Teebo, released a Jedi Luke and dropped "tournaments".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Wow, poor Finn. Never realised he was so hated. I know he's not a strong character, he's not meant to be. He's a weak dude who dropped out of the order... What kind of failure of a slave is so weak they drop out of their own slavery?

It's not the point, he's a good character. I'm sure he'll find his place in the universe, I mean... he weilded the pale blue saber, didn't he?
  • Olga wrote: »
    He's a weak dude who dropped out of the order... What kind of failure of a slave is so weak they drop out of their own slavery?
    Wow, could you be more wrong?! I don't think so. :)
    A matter of perception I guess. ;)

• scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Maybe it is the beginning of a broader request to rework Resistance and First Order characters
  • Yeah, I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or serious. The dark side is strong with that one..
  • I loved Movie Finn. Not all strength is wielded through a lightsaber. It took courage to leave the FO. It's easy to follow blindly. I'm eager to learn how he ended up such a good soul growing up amongst such evil. I think his arc will be interesting. But ymmv. :)

In game, he's muy meh.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Olga wrote: »
    He's a weak dude who dropped out of the order... What kind of failure of a slave is so weak they drop out of their own slavery?
    Wow, could you be more wrong?! I don't think so. :)
    A matter of perception I guess. ;)
    You didn't even read the whole post. I said he wielded the pale blue blade for a reason. The force doesn't just let any chump wield that blade without good reason omg...

• It takes Jedi amounts of courage and bravery to push a "power on" button.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    It's not about pushing the button. It's about having the button in your hand to begin with. You don't find yourself withthe humble blade for no reason. Not unless the force decides it.
  • Acrofales wrote: »
    Saraleb wrote: »

At this rate, I will actually be able to get the speed mods! First a free pilot and now a free Finn. Anybody want to give me a free Poe and Trooper?

You know you won't get enough shards to unlock him if you haven't got any already, right?
  • Personally I liked Finn second most in TFA, the only character I liked more was Maz and in all honesty Im more curious about Finn then I am about Rey (Unless Rey rurns out to be a Kenobi) I am 100% certain he is force sensitive and will be trained with a light saber. Im glad he's getting a rework I will begin to farm him after im done with B2, Aayla and chirp. With these double drops I should be able to finish Aayla and Chirpa by Tuesday since there more then half way done.
  • Acrofales wrote: »

You're only getting 30 Finn shards and he unlocks at 80. And nobody is going to give you Poe either.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    Personally I liked Finn second most in TFA, the only character I liked more was Maz and in all honesty Im more curious about Finn then I am about Rey (Unless Rey rurns out to be a Kenobi) I am 100% certain he is force sensitive and will be trained with a light saber. Im glad he's getting a rework I will begin to farm him after im done with B2, Aayla and chirp. With these double drops I should be able to finish Aayla and Chirpa by Tuesday since there more then half way done.
    TBH I think anyone who gets involved with luke (barring chewie, he comes with han) is force sensitive. You know it's not coincidence that you cross paths with luke and end up hanging around with him, that's the will of the force :) Well Han is a Corellian pilot anyway, and I think corellian pilots are force sensitive by nature. That's why they're the best pilots in the galaxy. That's just my opinion, take it as you will.
    Also the fact Han fathered a force sensitive child with leia kind of lends itself to that idea. Maybe it was the will of the force that they ended up together?

• have him at 7* so cool
  • What rework?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Would love a Kylo Ren rework. Hopefully Finn's rework is a step towards that
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

I just didn't because he's absolutely worthless. Now he'll be "mostly useless".

I agree with the sentiment of the OP though...if they were REALLY listening to community feedback, they'd have fixed Teebo, released a Jedi Luke and dropped "tournaments".

All true (and on character needing a review I've read more of the community on mace, ren, than Finn).
    That said, in their defense Finn did need a rework, but from what I read it won't make him any more useful than he his now... maybe it will make for a easier speed mod challenge for the people who haven't done it already... not expecting to see him in arena because of it.
    I hope this is a first step on character reviewing though, several characters are in bad need of one.