New Style Tournament Request

Dhoey321
1629 posts Member
edited December 2016
Please read and vote on this new style tournament request Poll.

Right now they are not fun, not worthwhile and a timed race to however many points you can get in a certain amount of time. Below is the way I think tournaments should work and I put requirements and rewards for you and all you have to do is vote and comment on which you would prefer.
This will be a poll to see how many people would actually prefer this style of Tournament Event compared to the current Point Timed Race Event.

Features:
New Updated Fan Favored Squad Tournaments, allow players to compete for prizes including characters from Rogue One: A Star Wars™ Story.
• Tournaments are designed to provide a competitive environment for all players. We do this by grouping everyone by player level (ex. Players level 30-39 compete) or by max squad power for players at the level cap.
• To further insure tournaments are competitive, players need to meet entry requirements to join. The requirements scale based on the player’s level (ex. 9 characters at Gear Lvl II for level 40-49 players vs. 15 characters at Gear Lvl VI for level 80).
• Tournaments give players additional strategy by introducing the ‘limited attacks per character per day’. This helps ensure the fairest and most competitive way to move on.
• The way to move on is to beat your opponent in a best out of 5 (win a total of 3 battles per day). If you beat your opponent 3 times you move on to the next bracket and will face a new opponent who also beat their opponent 3 times. Next opponent will be faced on next day.
• As players have less characters in the early levels, we scale the number of characters in a player’s squad based on player level (ex: 3 characters in a squad for level 30-39 vs. 5 characters in a squad for level 80).
Offensive squad require this number of characters.
• Squad Tournaments limit players to one use of each character, rewarding a diverse roster. Every 24 hours the characters are refreshed automatically, AND players CANNOT refresh characters with crystals or ally points or anything.
• Players move on in combat when they defeat their opponent 3 times. The least amount of battles per day is 3 with the max being 5. Beat your opponent 3 times with 3 different squads and move on, don’t win 3 and stay in the same bracket to face someone who also didn’t win 3.
• The rewards scale based on the amount of wins making it the absolute fairest.
• In Tournaments, there will be a retreat button. This is meant to cover an edge case where an infinite stalemate occurs. But since teams are setup on Day 1 and can’t be changed you will not be able swap characters in or out.
TOURNAMENT RULES:
- 4 Day tournament – everyone starts in same bracket (0-0)
o Day 1 – Preparation (set all 5 squads in order from 1 - 5) – once you select ‘Submit’ you cannot swap a character, mod or order of squads during the tournament.
o Day 2 – Battle (vs Opponent 1) – Your team 1 faces opponents team 1. Your team 2 faces their team 2. Once you win 3 you move on to next bracket which is the 1-0 bracket. If you don’t win 3 you stay in the (0-0) bracket to give better opportunity to win on next day.
o Day 3 – Battle (vs Opponent 2) – Same as Day 1 except against a different player in same bracket as you.
o Day 4 – Battle (vs Opponent 3) – Same as Day 1 & 2 except against a different player in same bracket as you.
- Minimum of 25 characters required.
TOURNAMENT REWARDS:
- 1st place – Won total of 9 battles – Full 7* character, 2 full Rancor Raid gear, 1 Full Tank Raid gear, 1.5 Million credits, 5 Zeta Mats, 10 Omega Mats, 20 Ability Mk III mats,
- 2nd place – Won total of 8 battles – 6* character, 1 full Rancor Raid gear, 50 Tank Raid gear salvage, 1.25 Million credits, 5 Zeta Mats, 10 Omega Mats, 20 Ability Mk III mats,
- 3rd place – Won total of 7 battles – 5* character, 50 Rancor Raid gear salvage, 50 Tank Raid gear salvage, 1.25 Million credits, 3 Zeta Mats, 5 Omega Mats, 10 Ability Mk III mats,
- 4th place – Won total of 6 battles – 4* character, 50 Rancor Raid gear salvage, 40 Tank Raid gear salvage, 1 Million credits, 1 Zeta Mat, 5 Omega Mats, 10 Ability Mk III mats,
- 5th place – Won total of 5 battles – 3* character, 40 Rancor Raid gear salvage , 30 Tank Raid gear salvage, 1 Million credits, 1 Zeta Mats, 5 Omega Mats, 10 Ability Mk III mats,
- 6th place – Won total of 4 battles – 2* character, 35 Rancor Raid gear salvage, 25 Tank Raid gear, 900K credits, 3 Omega Mats, 5 Ability Mk III mats,
- 7th place – Won total of 3 battles – 35 Rancor Raid gear salvage, 25 Tank Raid gear salvage, 800K credits, 3 Omega Mats, 5 Ability Mk III mats,
- 8th place – Won total of 2 battles – 25 Rancor Raid gear salvage, 15 Tank Raid gear salvage, 700K credits, 3 Omega Mats, 5 Ability Mk III mats,
- 9th place – Won total of 1 battle – 20 Rancor Raid gear salvage, 10 Tank Raid gear salvage, 600K credits, 2 Omega Mats, 5 Ability Mk III mats,

New Style Tournament Request 18 votes

Rework Tournement to work this way
72%
gsethCaptainRexZhilAxfowKagehonooJordisonDarthBisharpPRIMENDhoey321crzydroidthegintingFlare_6868barbossa724poschi87 13 votes
Leave Tournament alone
27%
DalmenarKivokuEnder614ArisWalnutSauce 5 votes

Replies

• Rework Tournement to work this way
    bump
  • Seems overly complex to me. I like it better than the current setup, but not enough to vote for it. Quoted from a post of mine on a related thread:
    Keep tournaments but not in their current form. No refreshes would be a good start, rewarding deep rosters like they are purported to do. Some kind of rebalancing of the shards is necessary too, perhaps to the extent of a day-before opt-in, where you enter the tourney and set your defensive squad, then the actual shards are forumulated in some more balanced fashion and the battles begin the following day. Something to add actual skill would be nice, rather than the primary driver being how many battles can you stomach doing before wanting to throw your phone/tablet across the room.
    Seems overly complex to me. I like it better than the current setup, but not enough to vote for it. Quoted from a post of mine on a related thread:
    Keep tournaments but not in their current form. No refreshes would be a good start, rewarding deep rosters like they are purported to do. Some kind of rebalancing of the shards is necessary too, perhaps to the extent of a day-before opt-in, where you enter the tourney and set your defensive squad, then the actual shards are forumulated in some more balanced fashion and the battles begin the following day. Something to add actual skill would be nice, rather than the primary driver being how many battles can you stomach doing before wanting to throw your phone/tablet across the room.

Haha i know what you mean.

I didn't think mine was too complicated though.

In simple terms it would be you facing the same player, if you beat him/her 3 times (max battles being 5) you go into the next bracket. This way you will face another winner. You do this 3 days total to face 3 different players and you can only use each character once per day.

Rewards are based on how many battle wins you get with the total being 9 instead of vs opponent. This way there will be more reward brackets rather than only 4.

• Twin
    527 posts Member
    So basically the "skill" of this tourney would be to randomly get assigned to battle someone with a inferior or non-optimized squad (or at least squads in a less advantageous order as your squads)?

That is the big issue with this method... Your fixed set is randomly going after someone else's fixed set. There are a number of squads that directly counter others, this method would basically pit the best rosters and whether they RNGed the better order to play them in.

How ticked would you be if you happened to just pick the wrong order? Your droids vs their Rex, your AOE vs their counter etc etc.

People would feel even more shafted.

I would agree one of the big problems is the defensive team, everyone will pick a few meta squads and those will certainly be the ones you go against near the top.

I think one way to solve this problem was to have your defense change to whom ever you last won with (or even 2 wins ago to prevent the fake leapfrog teams)

Twin wrote: »
    So basically the "skill" of this tourney would be to randomly get assigned to battle someone with a inferior or non-optimized squad (or at least squads in a less advantageous order as your squads)?

That is the big issue with this method... Your fixed set is randomly going after someone else's fixed set. There are a number of squads that directly counter others, this method would basically pit the best rosters and whether they RNGed the better order to play them in.

How ticked would you be if you happened to just pick the wrong order? Your droids vs their Rex, your AOE vs their counter etc etc.

People would feel even more shafted.

I would agree one of the big problems is the defensive team, everyone will pick a few meta squads and those will certainly be the ones you go against near the top.

I think one way to solve this problem was to have your defense change to whom ever you last won with (or even 2 wins ago to prevent the fake leapfrog teams)

I understand your point and it's valid but right now there is no skill either. You face the same 3 squads in arena and Majority of the player base don't have enough characters that are gear 10/11. Unless the only thing you wanted to change was selecting your characters at the beginning but being able to change the characters when you attack. Meaning the squads you choose would be i guess "defensive" and and set but then when attacking it would be changeable but only for those 5 squads selected. So the attacking order could be changed.

I wouldn't be ticked if i chose wrong because right now there is basically no strategy either unless you are doing the first couple battles without ally points. Because then you use the same 2 squads with ally points to attack as much as possible.