Tank heroic rotation after a merge.

Our guild split into US and EU back before the tank raid came out. Both sides are completely lacking in big spenders so we had to try something a little different to complete the heroic tank raid.
We beat our first heroic by bringing help from the EU side to finish off p3 and p4. After that taste of success we decided to take our biggest hitters and brought them to one guild.
Upon completion of the 2nd heroic raid we took the bottom 10 and rotated them into the guild running normal. This allowed everyone to get a good look at the heroic raid as well as some better rewards. Everyone got a solid understanding of what they needed to work on.
We are now switching back to our US and EU dovisions with the intent of running heroic in both.
The rotation was a bit of a logistical nightmare and wasn't that fun to coordinate global raid times again, but it made our guild stronger as a whole.
If you are in a similar situation I would recommend this setup to prepare everyone for heroic without leaving anyone behind.

Replies

• RU486
    1686 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    We'll try to work on it, we at BHG seem to be struggling.

975BD259-A6F8-4890-A1A2-EE6128AA8111.jpg
    Post edited by RU486 on
  • Dunno about BGH but those BHG guys look good.
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    @RU486 so someone took the time to make a post about what helped their guild and you are trying to make it about you? Go buy another crystal vault to keep compensating. Buy enough and bhg might let you in one of their big boy guilds
  • Seems when guilds came out, the guild leader's time zone was heavily advertised and appeared to be something major when people joined guilds. Now, guilds have segregated for the most part by personality and effort mostly, in my opinion, and the timezone thing has went from somewhat of a deciding factor to simply a fact of life pita for guilds. If I was a guild leader, the raids would suit my schedule 100 percent. People would leave, new people would join and sooner or later, the raid time would work for the guild.
  • BingBang wrote: »
    Dunno about BGH but those BHG guys look good.

:D:D
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    godgiven45 wrote: »
    @RU486 so someone took the time to make a post about what helped their guild and you are trying to make it about you? Go buy another crystal vault to keep compensating. Buy enough and bhg might let you in one of their big boy guilds
    Ok cool!

• Well back to the intent of the original post, running a guild that spans many time zones is always problematic. There will always be someone who will want the raid times to be different. Even if you are all the same time zone, some people may work regular hours, other might work the night shift, some people are full time students. It is an amazing feet for any guild whether F2P or P2P to pull off some of these things. That said though, being a F2P player, I don't expect to be able to compete with P2P easily, still I manage to get into the top 10 of arena every once in a while. For a F2P to pull off the Heroic Tank,...well that is not as easy task and probably will continue to be a challenge for another month. I never expect my guild to be on the guild leaderboard on a consistent basis and my hats off to the guilds that get there. Here's to hoping EA never awards any new token or crystals for the guild leaderboard. Other F2P guilds could learn something sharing information here on this thread. We can all learn from each other.
  • Neil_Niggsy
    226 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Hey there;

We had exactly the same scenario. (Stand alone individual guild)

We brought our guild through to do AAT heroic by recruiting hard. (Bumping recruit posts x3 times a day for 2 weeks)

Good thing is we still managed to keep the same atmosphere in guild but now with 10-15 new higher standard players.

After we were completing heroic we became a branch of BHG just to counter future developments to the game.

Hope that helps. Recruitment is king for heroric!

Niggsy
    {BHG} AAA stars
  • Hey there;

We brought our guild through to do AAT heroic by recruiting hard. (Bumping recruit posts x3 times a day for 2 weeks)

Good thing is we still managed to keep the same atmosphere in guild but now with 10-15 new higher standard players.

After we were completing heroic we became a branch of BHG just to counter future developments to the game.

Niggsy
    {BHG} AAA stars
    You're more than just a branch!
    Leader and co-founder of BHG
  • godgiven45 wrote: »

I'll advise you the same. Went from hevy p2p to f2p. So i need as much off free content as possible. So you now what to do. Btw i have Kenobi already ;)
  • This process made all 100 of us Blasters stronger. We are recombining into our North American and EU time zone guilds and both guilds are farming Heroic Tank rewards.
  • RU486 wrote: »

Good job trying to make this post about you..
    Anyways just because you guys were first doesn't mean anything, it's the 2nd full month of tank takedown. Show us your number 1 spot, during the first month, beating the massive top notch TI whales. Oh wait,
    That wasn't you guys, it was order 66
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    OP that is awesome you guys have been able to figure out a method that works for you guys and letting everybody be apart of the heroic raids!

Will def try this with my alt guild and see what we can come up with.
  • Well back to the intent of the original post, running a guild that spans many time zones is always problematic. There will always be someone who will want the raid times to be different. Even if you are all the same time zone, some people may work regular hours, other might work the night shift, some people are full time students. It is an amazing feet for any guild whether F2P or P2P to pull off some of these things. That said though, being a F2P player, I don't expect to be able to compete with P2P easily, still I manage to get into the top 10 of arena every once in a while. For a F2P to pull off the Heroic Tank,...well that is not as easy task and probably will continue to be a challenge for another month. I never expect my guild to be on the guild leaderboard on a consistent basis and my hats off to the guilds that get there. Here's to hoping EA never awards any new token or crystals for the guild leaderboard. Other F2P guilds could learn something sharing information here on this thread. We can all learn from each other.

They are coming up with something to make competing in guild leader board more competitive.
  • Jetlife wrote: »
    RU486 wrote: »

Anyways just because you guys were first doesn't mean anything, it's the 2nd full month of tank takedown. Show us your number 1 spot, during the first month, beating the massive top notch TI whales. Oh wait,

Actually, to dispute your claim, HS actually could have beat another AAT and two more rancors to take that top spot before the end of the month, but we held back, for a few of our members :)

• Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Silleck wrote: »
    Jetlife wrote: »

Actually, to dispute your claim, HS actually could have beat another AAT and two more rancors to take that top spot before the end of the month, but we held back, for a few of our members :)

And we could of too
    But didn't get pushed so why waste the tickets

@Silleck
  • OP put of curiosity. When you have 50+ participating in raid, what happens to the people who get rank 51+
    Silleck wrote: »
    Jetlife wrote: »

And we could of too
    But didn't get pushed so why waste the tickets

@Silleck

Strange... cause according to other members of your guild and screen shots we've seen, you didn't. Oh well doesn't matter now, does it?
  • Hey there;

Niggsy
    {BHG} AAA stars

Ever since AAA stars became part of BHG my shard has had a lot more BHG members.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
    OP put of curiosity. When you have 50+ participating in raid, what happens to the people who get rank 51+

Anyone ranked higher than 50 doesn't get rewards. Only came into play our very first heroic victory. After that each raid was completed with 50 members.
    @Jetlife