Either my Leia is bugged or she sucks.

Emma_Fkin_Watson
44 posts Member
edited January 2016
So after many Chromium pulls. I finlally have a 5☆ Gear VII Leia. I have been eagerly testing her for the past month. I have played her in every single comp. With Sid or Phasma as lead. Sometimes with Dooku sometimes with 4☆ FOTP. I have noticed she hits for 1k. Crits for 2-2.5k. The thing is she rarely attacks more than 1 time. Pretty lame for someone who sits at a 55% chance for a bonus attack and 40% chance at a third. Her numbers dont match up. She has more crit rating and base damage as my Luminara. But Lumi crits more often and hits way harder on auto attacks. Around 3.k crit and 1.5 base auto. My lumi is 3400 rated.

I write this just after finishing a Bounty Hunter Challenge. Leia got 1x bonus attack the whole match. Dooku got 5. Sure you can say thats just one game. But after playing her every game for a month she has not performed outstanding. FOTP has many times made me grin ear to ear. Clutch shots, that tured the tide of battle. 3.5k+3.5k damage back to back. Not bad for someone who only has 2900 rating right? Compared to my 3700 rated Leia... My 3000 rated Rey also does massive damage. Out dps-ing Leia by a landslide. Even though she has 100 less (33%) crit rating she easily crits for 3k+. Her flurry has consistently done 3k-6k. I feel that happens easily 50% of the time. Best case scenario Leia hits 3 times. Thats about 7k damage. But that has happened once all day today. Between Galactic war, Arena, Challenges and Light Side campaigns thats not great. I didnt pay much attention in math class and I dont know how to calculate probability, but thats not great. For someone who has about a 1/3 chance to go 3 times every turn?

I find myself praying for a bonus attack most of the time and being let down. When FOTP goes i know hes going to do at least 2-3k. Leia most of the time only does 1-1.5k. Even with her stealth bonus and Sid 10% crit chance i still dont feel she crits very often.

Bottom line she looks good on paper. Just the numbers are not matching up. At least thats been my experience in this past month. I only just got Rey to 5☆ like 3 days ago and she REKS! FOTP too. I heard how broken he is and the hype is real. My experience with Leia has been a great disappointment.

Replies

• my 3* Gear VI Leia is the sole reason why I am 7/7 in galactic war. She is absolute beast.
  • Thats not been the case for me. She usually contributes 3 or 4 attacks the whole fight. Less than half of those are crits. A single Sid AOE out DPS her in one turn.
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    I have her at 4* gear 7 and have the same problem she only hits once barely hits again.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    She hits 2-3 times pretty consistently for me. The single shots are disappointing and stand out but it's not out of average.
    (4* gear 7 currently)
  • Well I do know she got nerfed a while back. I assume Leia in her glory days was a FOTP on crack. Funny because people still talk about her being OP. I guess it regurgitating information you dont know about. Really saddens me that I have to swap her out.
  • She is a glass cannon and does her job. She was not "Nerfed" just fixed to not fire four times. I doubt you have a "bugged" Leia.
  • Emma_Fkin_Watson
    44 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    And i suppose Lumi who auto attacks for 1700. Crits for 2700. FOTP who crits very often for 3500. And bonus attacks like 75% of the time. Even though their crit rating and base damage is all lower than Leia's?

And that i probably just have the worst luck in the world right. Because 55% bonus attacks seems to happen once out of every 3-5 turns?

A nerf is a nerf. They want my Leia to do less damage change then change the numbers. My Leia does 1042+24 base. Lumi is 894+113. So why does on the same target does Leia do 1000dmg and Lumi does 1700. And why does Leia crit for 2k when Lumi crits for 2700. FOTP 3500. Hell even Phasma auto attacks for 1700.

Oh im sure nothings wrong at all. Just luck eh?
  • Did you train her hair trigger ability up? That's a big part of her multi attack chance.
  • Yep rank 5 =(
  • And i suppose Lumi who auto attacks for 1700. Crits for 2700. FOTP who crits very often for 3500. And bonus attacks like 75% of the time. Even though their crit rating and base damage is all lower than Leia's?

And that i probably just have the worst luck in the world right. Because 55% bonus attacks seems to happen once out of every 3-5 turns?

A nerf is a nerf. They want my Leia to do less damage change then change the numbers. My Leia does 1042+24 base. Lumi is 894+113. So why does on the same target does Leia do 1000dmg and Lumi does 1700. And why does Leia crit for 2k when Lumi crits for 2700. FOTP 3500. Hell even Phasma auto attacks for 1700.

Oh im sure nothings wrong at all. Just luck eh?

She was never nerfed lol. She was only supposed to attack 3 times max and was fixed to do so properly. You probably need to get her gear up, or max out her abilities. I get hit for around 10k when Leia shoots at me.
  • DanTom
    975 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited January 2016
    Yep rank 5 =(

I have her at 5 on abilities also and 5* she still seems to proc at least a second shot fairly often but I don't use her enough outside of GW to be sure. The third shot isn't very common though and she doesn't seem to crit much at all unless paired with Sid or IG

Oh and gear 7, working on more
  • I have a *6 Gear7 Leia and I cannot agree more with Emma. She was a beast and now noone use her in my ladder. She only shot twice around 30% of the time and triple shot around 10% of the times. She is a Chromium only character and I think CG should put her damage in-line with FOTP and GS
  • She never multi-shot as much as people complained about on the forums. Anything concerning proc rates will have a massive upward bias in forum reports. Leia is still solid, but she's nothing OP. No one uses her on D anymore because in the speed race her round 1 stealth means 1 less hit in the critical round 1. She's still what she always has been. She's a good toon.
  • Fixer
    150 posts Member
    I opened up the battle arena today searching for a easyish fight i could use to simply step up a little, after some searching i found such a team... so far so good as i have the higher power level, then i see leia and being the gullible fool to believe some of the naysayers on this forum i thought well thisll be a bit of a breeze, then the unthinkable happened qnd my chewie got everyone to aim at him including leia...

Blam, the first shot was pretty bad...
    Blam, the second shot had crippled my chewie and his roar was badly needed so i was relieved that her third attack is pretty rar...
    Blam, **** chewie is dead and has left everyone vunerable, it becomes a last ditch effort to go all out attack and level the playing field as all of the opposition are fully buffed and i am yet to gain a dispel character.

It starts to look better as i remove 2 of the players and then leia arrives and i remain adamant that the forum couldnt have been that wrong...
    Blam at this point a already damaged JC goes down and so i lose my only healer as my team is purely based on a quick assault where i try to quickly outnumber the enemy, anyhow theres still some work that my remaining toons can d...
    Blam and Sideious (excuse the spelling) is mortally wounded. Never the less i finish off the third of the opposition and all thats left is some unimportant toon (i cant remember who) leia and my two toons ewok scout and geonosian, both of them screw over the other toon while leia turns invisible and quickly takes out the geonosian

Now its a 1v1 and now im worried and slightly depressed, i hope to the almighty lord of jamminess that his critical attack cools down and then leia gets a critical and limps away from the battle field
  • Fixer
    150 posts Member
    Id attach a tragic photo but im not sure how
  • hahaha, if you dont understand games and profits, here's a clue. AI will defend with her 90% multi-attack, so that other chumps buy her, lol. And if she hits low on your attack, "AI" wants you to spend more money to level her. Simple right
    So dont be upset. You can always find a way to defeat anyone, right? And now you have defense ally, AI
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Leia damage is **** next to fotp because fotp is op. Leia does have invisibility and her team crit buff which makes her good. When she does triple attack it's just a bonus. Rey should do more damage because she's easier to kill. Sometimes you need to Guage a characters usefulness by their whole kit rather then 1 aspect.