Finally Figured Out to Master This Game

My Arena team is about 24k power, and I am usually between rank 12-40. After a few rounds today in which RNG and target switching bugs caused me to lose to 21k power teams, I knew I had to think of a new strategy. Here is what I decided:

1) Gear and Star Poe ( He is 5 star atm but only gear 6).
2) Waste more money of Chromium and hope I get good stuff.
3) Stop wasting my time with a game that is not skill based and uninstall the app.

I am going with option 3. If I could give my stuff away, I would (AKA: In before can I have your stuff comments). Probably be back after the next update once they have balanced/fixed the game more.

Good luck everyone, and may the force be with you.

Replies

• Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited January 2016
    4442600-1223974466-20250.jpg
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • That wasn't even clever. At least give me a cool story bro meme. Those are always nice to see.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hope you find some easy game that is not P2W

i doubt you will find any..
  • Machina wrote: »
    That wasn't even clever. At least give me a cool story bro meme. Those are always nice to see.

spbqm0.jpg
  • Song wrote: »
    Hope you find some easy game that is not P2W

i doubt you will find any..

P2W is not the issue. People that spend money should have a noticeable advantage over people that don't. I personally find people that whine about P2W to be ****. P2W need the F2P people just as much as F2P need P2W.

This game is easy. There is nothing really difficult about the game at all. I just realized I shouldn't get frustrated by a game that is completely RNG based instead of skill based. Game has just become more frustrating than fun to me. The pre-determined RNG combat combined with the terrible drop rates for gear is just not worth it for me anymore.

I don't really expect anyone to care since I don't care if others quit.. just wanted to vent my frustration I guess since I know I am not alone in becoming frustrated with the game.

Anyway. I hope the game improves, and that everyone that is having fun continues to have fun. Good luck.

• why do people have to make a thread of them leaving? Like who cares if you leave or stay.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    4e20fa631a7514ea60268175f67ec7f2994e6eaae7f6e994cc73e35e57c76746.jpg
  • Kesiss wrote: »
    why do people have to make a thread of them leaving? Like who cares if you leave or stay.

+1. Attention seekers, there's a word related to the oldest profession I'd like to employ but doubtless it's censored.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    2d1c6886bb54ccbf989934a6475e509666610907f6805a2c86b0e9072e40d279.jpg
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    warren-sapp-solicite-meme-770x470.png
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Can I have your stuff anyway?

Also, cool story Felicia.
  • Snakeyees
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    People post goodbye threads because they sincerely care about the game they're playing but they're frustrated that they're not getting to where they need to go. They want to be heard. these type of games that have cropped up in the last 5 years called pay to win games are a joke anybody that has more available cash to spend on a video game to drop $5,000 ,$1,000 $100 or any amount of dollars its ridiculous why can't you make games based on skill where your rewared for how good you are.

I will answer for you there's no money in it so if you continue to throw money at these games they're going to continue to make them and taking your dollars and you're going to get nothing for them trust me I've spent a lot of money on another game and I wish I had all that money back I think I've learned my lesson.

The pre-determined RNG combat combined with the terrible drop rates for gear is just not worth it for me anymore.

These two reasons made you quit? You wouldn't have lasted long anyway. When you start losing in Arena, you'll quit too so it's great that you quit now.
  • So.. Are you going to give Nonemo your stuff?
  • Thank you Snakeyees. That is exactly it. I really enjoyed the game while I've played it, and would dare say I was passionate about how much I liked it at first to the point of recommending to everyone I know that is even mildly interested in Star Wars.

I don't understand accusations of attention seeking. Reading text from strangers on an online forum is hardly attention worth seeking imo. I just reached my wits end today (been building for a week or two), and posted out of frustration. As I said, I don't expect anyone to care that some random jabroni is quitting a mobile game. Although there are people who do care, evidently: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/7854/read-before-you-quit-the-big-bang-team-instinct

xJazzx wrote: »
    Machina wrote: »
    The pre-determined RNG combat combined with the terrible drop rates for gear is just not worth it for me anymore.

These two reasons made you quit? You wouldn't have lasted long anyway. When you start losing in Arena, you'll quit too so it's great that you quit now.

Well I realized the RNG combat means there is no skill outside of choosing the correct FOTM heroes before everyone else. I agree with you though. I have done pretty well in arena so far, but I would have quit eventually anyway (we all will), and it is better to do it now than waste any more time or money (mainly time) on the game. My post said nothing negative about the players of this game so I really don't understand why people feel the need to be defensive. Don't like people posting about quitting, ignore it and move on.

Enjoy facing the same 10% of available heroes for the next few months.....zing!! j/k
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Gamer-Girl-Epic-Fail.jpg
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    xJazzx wrote: »
    Machina wrote: »

Also, would somebody please break it to OP (gently) that RNG is how all games like these are made... Literally all of them...
    My Arena team is about 24k power, and I am usually between rank 12-40. After a few rounds today in which RNG and target switching bugs caused me to lose to 21k power teams, I knew I had to think of a new strategy. Here is what I decided:

1) Gear and Star Poe ( He is 5 star atm but only gear 6).
    2) Waste more money of Chromium and hope I get good stuff.
    3) Stop wasting my time with a game that is not skill based and uninstall the app.

I am going with option 3. If I could give my stuff away, I would (AKA: In before can I have your stuff comments). Probably be back after the next update once they have balanced/fixed the game more.

Good luck everyone, and may the force be with you.

The game is pretty good but it's better if:

1: You realize they're going to keep adding to it and...
    2: You realize arena isn't all that important to having a fun experience.

Everyone who has exerted any effort at all has Darth Sidious at 7 stars and is well on their way to their second 7 star arena character.
  • To 'give someone your stuff' you need to give them the entire google play account. That means you would have needed to create a throwaway gmail and not use your regular one.

P.S. it is probably against the TOS.

P.P.S. more meeeeeems
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.