Jyn and Chirrut viability at 4* and 3*?

Self explanatory title. I caved and bought the Jyn, Chirrut, and Cassian pack and I'm gearing and leveling them all now. My question is how viable would they be under a Wiggs Wedge lead with Jyn, and Chaze? I'm not liking Cassian from what I've tested on Cantina nodes. If I can get Chaze, and Jyn up to gear 9+, will they be viable in arena, or are they just for fun? I really like these Rogue One toons and I'm liking how they play, apart from Cassian.

Replies

• Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Jyn (with zeta, catherine jones) will work best with heavy buffers, as you know. Chibus combo will be friggin sweet, as well as K2 because he can taunt fairly frequently, which will also buff his protection. That video with Jyn lead, Chibus and Casko (cassian and k2so, don't really have a catchy mashup name yet) is pretty brutal against the wiggs team. Cassians bomb has a 2 turn cool down, which is ridic considering how much it can debuff, which will be dynamite with Jyn's expose bonus.

tough to say until someone get's 'em maxed so we can see what they can do.

Leia might also be awesome under Jyn-zeta'd. She gives crit chance up almost every time she shoots, which would heal the whole teams protection 5% every time, with RNG she'll heal 15% when she triple-shots.
  • Jyn (with zeta, catherine jones) will work best with heavy buffers, as you know. Chibus combo will be friggin sweet, as well as K2 because he can taunt fairly frequently, which will also buff his protection. That video with Jyn lead, Chibus and Casko (cassian and k2so, don't really have a catchy mashup name yet) is pretty brutal against the wiggs team. Cassians bomb has a 2 turn cool down, which is ridic considering how much it can debuff, which will be dynamite with Jyn's expose bonus.

Leia might also be awesome under Jyn-zeta'd. She gives crit chance up almost every time she shoots, which would heal the whole teams protection 5% every time, with RNG she'll heal 15% when she triple-shots.

What is Jyn's zeta? Also do you think they will be viable through gear, mods, and level 85 alone or do they need the stars?
  • Boba Fett users are dreaming of facing the new Rebel squads .. 6 buffs and maybe a debuff or 2 from DoTs and he will hit execute for 100k and Jyn revive won't bring them back. Other than that they look pretty bleeping awesome. I have the same question as OP though - are they playable at the very low * range that most of us can get them to right now? I have my doubts (and a lack of gear pieces to get them to gear 9-11).
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Boba Fett users are dreaming of facing the new Rebel squads .. 6 buffs and maybe a debuff or 2 from DoTs and he will hit execute for 100k and Jyn revive won't bring them back. Other than that they look pretty bleeping awesome. I have the same question as OP though - are they playable at the very low * range that most of us can get them to right now? I have my doubts (and a lack of gear pieces to get them to gear 9-11).

I've had Chirrut for a couple of days and he's already gear 7, one piece from gear 8. The rest of them have been easy so farm to farm.
  • Jyn (with zeta, catherine jones) will work best with heavy buffers, as you know. Chibus combo will be friggin sweet, as well as K2 because he can taunt fairly frequently, which will also buff his protection. That video with Jyn lead, Chibus and Casko (cassian and k2so, don't really have a catchy mashup name yet) is pretty brutal against the wiggs team. Cassians bomb has a 2 turn cool down, which is ridic considering how much it can debuff, which will be dynamite with Jyn's expose bonus.

What is Jyn's zeta? Also do you think they will be viable through gear, mods, and level 85 alone or do they need the stars?

I was referring to her leadership zeta, which restores 5% protection whenever a Rebel ally gains a buff.

I was referring to her leadership zeta, which restores 5% protection whenever a Rebel ally gains a buff.

That kind of sucks though. Wedge lead without zeta is already better IMO. Gaining protection is cool and all but if you need to place her in lead to get it then I'm not sure that's worth it. My plan right now is to get Baze, and then run Wiggs lead, with Chaze and Jyn.
  • It doesn't look like there is a lot of feedback on this. Has anyone seen a 3* Chaze G10/G11 in arena yet?
  • I know that 6* Chaze G10/G11 does very well in my arena as it is #1 a lot but was curious if a 3* Chaze could be almost as effective. I assume it would be paired with 7* Wiggs or some other combo with power.
  • I know that 6* Chaze G10/G11 does very well in my arena as it is #1 a lot but was curious if a 3* Chaze could be almost as effective. I assume it would be paired with 7* Wiggs or some other combo with power.

I'm able to run through my first 9 GW battles on near full auto with 7* Wiggs lead, 4* Jyn, 4* Chirrut, and 7* SRP. It works surprisingly well and Jyn's revive is highly reliable in the last 3 fights.