4* Poe

Like most people, I've grown rather tired of Poe teams decimating my team. So, I'm wondering whether I can stick a 4* Poe in my team and still be competitive in the top 10? I just lost 5 games in a row and for the first time in 4 weeks, I didn't make the top 10. And the reason? because all of those teams had Poe in them. My current team consists of: 6* Boba lead, 5* Luke, 5* Poggle, 5* Geo Soldier and 5* IG-86. I'm thinking about making Poggle the leader and dropping Luke in favour of Poe. I love Luke but at 6* with level 8 purple gear, Boba is a heavy hitter and his ability block on all opposition heroes comes in handy so often.

Replies

• SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Yes. I put mine in when my arena was mostly 5/6* ftp teams and he was fine. The main way he works as a Poe counter is because of his speed and turn meter reduction. With 4* max gear he'll have just barely enough HP to avoid most tier 1 attackers so he'll probably get his taunt off as long as the other poe doesn't taunt first.

That being said with 4* he'll only have something like 7-8k HP so he'll be one-shottable by every attacker and some AOE attackers. So you'll be able to use him just for the purpose of beating Poe teams and for nothing else.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Dont do it! A 4 star Poe has bad speed (got him myself). Only an even Poe can tie it out, everything under 7* max gear is not worth it. Even stopped farming him..

Edit: arena related I guess? In GW he is ok but 900 dmg, no health and slow as a turtle on a ganjapipe.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @SlyGambit Well, if today was any kind of example then it looks like 90% of the top 25 on my server use Poe, and atm I'm losing at least 1 of my heroes before I get a turn anyway so he'd be a sacrificial lamb to allow the rest of my team to demolish the opposition. With Boba's AoE I'll be able to take 20% health off any opposition hero Poe applies Expose to.

@CronozNL Aye, purely arena. I have little to no problem facing Poe trams in GW. I'm currently trying to get 88 to 5* so it's important that I get at least 800 arena tokens per day to help me get there sooner.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Dont do it! A 4 star Poe has bad speed (got him myself).

Gear is the only thing that affects speed. Level and star has no effect.

Obviously you have to level up to unlock gear slots and Poe needs to be gear 8 to reach tier 1 speed to battle other poes.

But the stars only affect his ability to apply expose, his ability to resist, his HP, and his damage. The turn meter reduction, which is the main Poe skill you want to counter, is not resisted.

Basically it'll work as a counter since it -may- enable you to take out his Poe before he hits. What it won't do is enable him to work as a tank. And while most complaints re: Poe are about his turn meter his ability to act as a true tank and protect the Maul/IG-88s of the world are key to his full value.

• The thing that really sucks is that I don't want to use Poe, but I'm left with little alternative given how he makes even teams with 2000 less power than mine and lower gear levels practically unbeatable. I love my current arena team. That's why I hope they do nerf him, even if I get him to 5-6* before they do so. If he's nerfed for everyone then I can stop using him and switch back to my preferred lineup.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Having Poe allows you to 'own' non Poe teams, but having Poe also allows you to recover from a Poe team who went first.

He is a must have in this meta. But, you need to have him at 5 in resistance bravado, and gear 8 for the +5 speed.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    My advice:
    Farm your favorite characters or save up cantina tokens for the upcoming update and new characters.

I really doubt you will be able to star/level/gear Poe to real usefulness before the new update and toons come out, and I would bet the 12k I have in GW tokens against a box of doughnuts that, if the updates themselves don't change the meta, the new characters will. Then a new "it" team/toon combo will appear and everyone will forget about Poe the same way everyone has forgotten about Barriss (accept in GW where she still owns the board). At which point, all those cantina tokens you spent on trying to get Poe starred up will feel wasted.

But who knows...maybe I'm wrong.

Krey
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    You need to get Poe to Gear lvl 8 in order for him to be the "OP Poe that forum folks are talking about".

The reason is that, his skill shines when he goes first, and you need lvl 8 gear to get his speed up to where this is the case.

At 4*, and under lvl 7 gear, you're just as well off with Chewy, imo -- since al you really have is a guy with decent-but-not-yet-great HP who can taunt. He'll be dead in one round at this level.
  • Mine is only 4* but I took his gear as high as it can go at lvl 66. He is still easy to kill, but Poe is IMO. His speed though is great and the expose helps. I run a fast team. My only one under 140 is Lumi, and only because she is 7* with all abilities maxed and her heal is sick. I've found rank easier to get and hold since the change.

I think he will be nerfed so I'm not too thrilled I did this, but I just had to use the hype myself to see.

In using him though I'm using him also to test out to find his weaknesses and I have found one I plan to exploit when I face Poe builds going forward.
  • Alecationz
    23 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I leveled my dooku just to have a chance to win, if i get stun on poe I win if not I loose lol
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Alecationz wrote: »
    I leveled my dooku just to have a chance to win, if i get stun on poe I win if not I loose lol

Fun game amirite!

• Alecationz wrote: »

Poe has really high tenacity so it's hard to get negative effects to stick, plus, when they don't, he gets a heal out of it.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762

Poe has really high tenacity so it's hard to get negative effects to stick, plus, when they don't, he gets a heal out of it.

Do you have a high gear/level Poe? I'd be interested in seeing his stats if so.
  • All I know is that he requires a lot of gear. It's quite the investment you make when he might be "changed".
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting

Do you have a high gear/level Poe? I'd be interested in seeing his stats if so.

Have him at 4*, full gear he has around 10.5k hp, he deals about 1.5k damage non-crit as well. So he gains around 1.5k hp per star and around 150-200 damage per star as well if swgohcantina is to be believed.
  • @CronozNL, yea a 4* poe is still as fast as 7* poe, theres someone on our server who is currently using one and his poe goes before my sid. The fact a 4* character can still be so devastating sickens me
  • Got mine gear 8 4*. Forced to use him because just about every team in the top 50 on my server use him....so if I don't I won't stay in the top 50. That being said....I'm now saving my cantina credits for the next update....with only 1 refresh daily, I only get 400 or so, therefore it is worth it to hoard at this point for a leg up on new toons.
  • Like most people, I've grown rather tired of Poe teams decimating my team. So, I'm wondering whether I can stick a 4* Poe in my team and still be competitive in the top 10? I just lost 5 games in a row and for the first time in 4 weeks, I didn't make the top 10. And the reason? because all of those teams had Poe in them. My current team consists of: 6* Boba lead, 5* Luke, 5* Poggle, 5* Geo Soldier and 5* IG-86. I'm thinking about making Poggle the leader and dropping Luke in favour of Poe. I love Luke but at 6* with level 8 purple gear, Boba is a heavy hitter and his ability block on all opposition heroes comes in handy so often.

Yes you can. Give it a shot! He won't last long after he taunts, but let's be honest--once he reduces turn meter and exposes, the match is pretty much over anyway.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • image_zpsaswo7nax.png

Using a 4 star Poe right now and finished 4th in Arena today. Tomorrow he will be 5 star though hurray Poe!
  • Big_Russ wrote: »
    image_zpsaswo7nax.png

Using a 4 star Poe right now and finished 4th in Arena today. Tomorrow he will be 5 star though hurray Poe!

Want a medal/cookie ?