Attackers for LS missions

I am trying to round out my squad for higher level LS missions, since I think my current one is at an impasse since so much of my focus for GW and Arena has been on DS characters. I am good with healers since my JC and Lumi are almost maxed out. I have Poe at a high level as my tank so not really considering another tank, but I am short on good attackers. Ideally I would get two, but one at a time, so am debating who to focus first. I currently have Ahsoka and Jawa at three stars, but looking at their high level stats, neither seems worth taking higher (maybe am giving up too early on Ahsoka). Options:

Rey: Ideal but slow grind to farm (I am only at 31 shards)
Luke: good character, but I am still focused on GS in my Cantina battles so would prefer someone I can farm elsewhere
Hoth Rebel Scout: His stats seem great - huge damage and speed. People criticize him b/c his passive skill is nearly useless, but maybe that is not such a big deal?
Resistance Pilot: Huge damage, but not very fast. Nice that he is easily obtainable through GW
Biggs Darklighter: Less damage than Resistance Pilot but has other nice features and may be useful when ships are implemented (ship synergies). Not sure if the lack of assistance criticial on his special is a bug, which some people have complained about
Datcha: Only option here with an AOE attack which is useful. Has decent speed and does good damage.

I appreciate thoughts/experiences, especially if you have already gone through the high level LS missions.

Replies

• JoshG
    908 posts Member
    I pulled a 3* Luke from bronze, so I went with him over GS in cantina. No doubt GS is better in arena, but Luke really helps on the LS battles. Are u done with Sid in arena shipments? Asajj could be an option to boost your LS. Her speed blows for arena, but this wouldn't be as big a problem for pve.
  • JoshG wrote: »
    I pulled a 3* Luke from bronze, so I went with him over GS in cantina. No doubt GS is better in arena, but Luke really helps on the LS battles. Are u done with Sid in arena shipments? Asajj could be an option to boost your LS. Her speed blows for arena, but this wouldn't be as big a problem for pve.

I'm not quite done with Sid, but I do have Assajj (at 4 stars). I like her but she is dark side. I may switch to Luke on Cantina after I get GS another star. GS is really helpful everywhere - DS, Arena and GW. His special can get down to a 2 turn cool down. Another option I left out is Fives - technically a tank but his counter may be useful in PvE even though his damage isn't that high.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Plasmaj wrote: »
    JoshG wrote: »

I'm not quite done with Sid, but I do have Assajj (at 4 stars). I like her but she is dark side. I may switch to Luke on Cantina after I get GS another star. GS is really helpful everywhere - DS, Arena and GW. His special can get down to a 2 turn cool down. Another option I left out is Fives - technically a tank but his counter may be useful in PvE even though his damage isn't that high.

Lol news to me. I don't have her, but I considered farming her next in arena since my Sid will be done in two days. I guess I just assumed she was LS. My bad bro.
  • I think you'll like Rebel Scout and Rey the most. I started Rey and am going for Rebel Scout after my Poe is finished
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    The answer depends on how high lvls you are talking about. I have managed to 3 star all lvl 6 hard with 64 6* Lumi (leader), 64 4* Poe, 63 5* JC, 60 4* Luke and 56 4* Chewy. Having not start my lvl 7 missions, I am currently building up my Poe, and replacing Chewy/Luke with Finn/Rey. Since so many of your allies should have Bariss, you just need some toons whose hp is more than 7k to clear lvl 6.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • l3end3r wrote: »
    I think you'll like Rebel Scout and Rey the most. I started Rey and am going for Rebel Scout after my Poe is finished

Have you tried Rebel Scout? His stats look very intriguing but I have not read any positive reviews of people who have used him. I am somewhat leaning toward Dathcha just to give me an AOE to take advantage of Poe's Expose
  • I have been using Poe, Rey, Lumi, Barris, JC its little slower but easy 3 star. Honestly, I need to work on some light side attackers. Have Luke and Ahsoka gear 5 and 3* but they feel to squishy to make it through a lot of times.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    This is what I run, I love resistance pilot and have been able to 3 *everything. Three attackers and three healers go a long way. I usually use a Chewie ally but found this QGJ in the list of random people.

waNIAAo_xGGWsXcZ846nzfHYi5dZx1oJEtvEiXwlTFU?size_mode=3&size=1024x768
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Plasmaj wrote: »
    l3end3r wrote: »
    I think you'll like Rebel Scout and Rey the most. I started Rey and am going for Rebel Scout after my Poe is finished

Have you tried Rebel Scout? His stats look very intriguing but I have not read any positive reviews of people who have used him. I am somewhat leaning toward Dathcha just to give me an AOE to take advantage of Poe's Expose

I want to, but need to finish Poe first (almost have him 6*) My next team will be Ackbar (leader), Luke, Han, Rebel Scout and Phasma

His speed is really good and his damage should be 10k+ according to his stats. I'll let you know how it turns out, but I won't have him ready for a couple months

I haven't seen anybody actually try him out yet, but I can't seeing him being worse than Luke