Simple solution to challenges and gear debacle.

Mvnson
234 posts Member
edited December 2016
No more STR, TAC or AGI challenges. We need to change those to "Blue gear", "Purple gear", "Gold gear" challenges. Randomize the number of pieces and what gear items actually drop to respective tier level. (I would further suggest limiting it to items that are actually used vs the ones in there now.)

This is a no brainer implementation, that can be done and pushed to servers in a few minutes. Take existing code for raid or tourney prize boxes just copy and paste it into the challenges object.

Boom.
1. Instantaneously fix a big complaint players have had almost since the games inception regarding useless gear in challenges and having to choose between hairdryers and but plugs.
2. Everyone's so happy they are now getting gear they can use and actually need, they will be all too excited to spend those holiday gift cards on crystals, data cards and character packs.

Seriously, I love wednesdays and Saturdays and Sundays. Not just because those are hump day and the weekend, but also because I get that ability mat challenge and it's just fun to spin the wheel for those omegas. If I got a handful of purple stun cuffs and stun guns on Mondays and Thursdays as well, It would make every week seem like week before Christmas.

Let's make this happen..yesterday

Post edited by warmonkey1024 on

Replies

• To easy lol
    Travelling through Hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy!
  • Are you crazy? How do you not enjoy the current format of wasting crystals to find 50 hair dryers in a week and a half while accumulating endless gear you'll never use?
  • Honestly this will make the entire game much more interactive. I can only speak for myself, but the daily grind is simming the same node over and over to get the cuff or gun I'm working on, for one toon at at time. Challenges are decent because thrice a week I can get hairdryers and cuffs at the same time.

Randomizing rewards will acytually let you work on your entire roster at once, you won't have to focus down on the same piece of gear and node all the time. If you're random pieces of gear gets you close to the next level of toon A, you can farm it out the final pieces, vs having to fully grind out a single item from scratch.

Even if you're really determined to get one set of the 600 cuffs Wedge needs done this week, it would be a godsend to get a headstart with 5-10 pieces coming from the challenges. If I get 12 from a raid, I feel like thank god, the grind is 25% done...
  • I think instead of getting on three types of gear it should give you all the gear that is taken out in the tiers that come before
  • Regardless, CG needs to change something. They are releasing like 600 new toons every month and its impossible to gear just a few. If you expand the game with toons, expand the ability to get gear for them. Seriously, the meta changes at minimum every 2 weeks and it takes months to gear a single toon to g11.