How are you doing with zeta challenge drops?

LeoRavus
1165 posts Member
edited December 2016
And do you buy them?

Out of 6 challenges I've only gotten 2. At this rate it'll take over 2 months to get 20.

Is this normal? To only get 2 per week? I did buy one in the store but don't get enough ship coins to make much progress that way.

Replies

• 1 for 3 so far. Originally I thought that with the amount of effort you have to put in to unlock the zeta challenge with ships, it should be a guaranteed zeta, maybe even with a chance for two. But with the approx 1700 ship coins I get per day, and assuming a 1/3 drop rate on the challenges, that's 8 zetas a week.Putting it that way, 2.5 weeks for a zeta ability doesn't seem too bad... Even the worst ship arena player would only take 5 weeks. Seems okay to me for the most powerful abilities in the game.
  • Lithalan wrote: »
    1 for 3 so far. Originally I thought that with the amount of effort you have to put in to unlock the zeta challenge with ships, it should be a guaranteed zeta, maybe even with a chance for two. But with the approx 1700 ship coins I get per day, and assuming a 1/3 drop rate on the challenges, that's 8 zetas a week.Putting it that way, 2.5 weeks for a zeta ability doesn't seem too bad... Even the worst ship arena player would only take 5 weeks. Seems okay to me for the most powerful abilities in the game.

1 in 3 battles or 1 in three challenge days? I got 2 in 3 challenge days.

So, 3 challenges per week, 2 per week. I don't get enough coins to buy 6 more in the fleet store per week. Maybe 4.

So, 6 per week if I sacrifice shards and blueprints, then get passed even harder by the big spenders in the fleet arena whose power keeps growing.

Yes you would think after all that effort (money) you put into gaining access to the challenge the rewards would be better. If I'd known how horrible the drops can be I would have saved my money and simply acquired them in the fleet store since it's not much faster through challenges.
  • I'm finally up to 9 Zetas and there have been multiple days where I get no Zetas from the challenges and I haven't bought any either. Been #1 every day in my shard since day one.
  • I've got 1 i bought in fleet shipments and 0 from anywhere else because I am not doing very well levelling ships on my whale shard!
  • Sorry for a stupid question. In which challenge can i get zets material?
  • Ability Mats Tier 3. You need ex, and 8 other ships at 5Star.

To get ex at 5star you need 5 4star DarkSide ships.

Given the statements above about drop rates, I think I was right in the first place. Don't bother with buying ships... in fleet shipments, just buy zetas at 2k each... YOu would have had 20 zetas buy now if you were doing that....
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    Given the statements above about drop rates, I think I was right in the first place. Don't bother with buying ships... in fleet shipments, just buy zetas at 2k each... YOu would have had 20 zetas buy now if you were doing that....

Do that and you fall behind in the ranks earning less fleet currency which in turn makes it take longer to buy the Zetas.

Having said that I think I'll start buying the Zetas. I pretty much have my fleet where I can back off on buying ship shards there but I've been grabbing Maul and Vader shards when they've popped up
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    My drops have been really good, I would say little better than 50% so 2 or more per day the challenge is available.
  • Since I'm in a sub-80 shard I've been buying dark side ships to get Executrix ready. Running with GSoldier, Sun Fac, TFP, FOTP and I'll probably end up with GSpy since Slave I takes too long. After that I'll just bank my fleet shipment tokens to stockpile Zetas as soon as I hit 80, maybe buy some cuffs along the way.
  • I have 17 all from challenge drops. I haven't bought any yet. Might buy the last 3 to speed it up a bit.