Just fought Emperor Palpatine... Oh man

So i just finished the last lvl of 7 on Light Side battles. The last 2 levels $I had to fight Emperor Palpatine. Last battle you have to fight Darth Vader & Emperor Palpatine
Not the duel wielding Sidious that beat up Darth Maul and killed Savage Opress in a 1v2. I mean ROTJ black robes lightning Emporer Palpatine. And oh man is he strong.
First of all, his basic attack is lightning. Base damage of 4k magic damage. His ability is like a team buff. Allies get 50% Offense and Defense up. I dunno if its all Emperor allies cos he didnt have any non-emperor allies.
He dosnt have the Sadistic Glee unique buff to Sidious, so he dosnt heal nor get bonus evasion from Jedi (thank goodness!)
Im not sure if its a glitch or not but, when Palpatine zapped my Poe who was taunting at the time, it instantly killed him doing 8 k damage total. 4k magic damage, and right under it, another 4k but the number was white. So im not sure if the second damage was physcial or magic. Does his basic have a chance to damage twice?? 2strong pls nerf (jk)
He looks really badass too btw
If we get ROTJ Luke, we might get Emperor Palpatine :P

Replies

• When you faced him, was the "Duel of the Fates" song going through your head?
  • He has a small chance to stun with his basic. If he stuns he takes out 50% of health.
  • I never got to see him use his lightning.. :/
  • Khai
    81 posts Member
    BentWookie wrote: »
    I never got to see him use his lightning.. :/

Really? He used his lightning all the time on me.. I stunned him whenever i got the chance haha
  • Khai
    81 posts Member
    TheVinegru wrote: »
    When you faced him, was the "Duel of the Fates" song going through your head?

Yes XD
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    This is one place where Mace Windu is useful, to remove Palpatine's Offense up buff before he attacks again. The Royal Guards' special also gives Defense Up plus a turn meter boost from each living Empire ally when they're damaged.

Lobot or Akbar are helpful on this mission too, to help clear the debuffs from the high level/gear Vader.

I cleared this one on the first try but if I had to do it again, I might not bring my 4* Poe. Even with the healers, his taunt brings too much heat and I only popped it after a few enemies we dead. I thought the Expose would help but I think Finn's special would work better for that.

On 7D Hard Palpatine is level 70 gear X.

15we23b.png
    izt3pk.png
    2d18mjc.jpg
    Post edited by Jabberwocky on
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Nice screens Jabberwocky, I too faced him and thought immediately, he's surely a coming character...
  • Nice screens Jabberwocky, I too faced him and thought immediately, he's surely a coming character...

Thanks, I really like the second one, it's from the pan shot just before the engagement begins.

The Lightning actually completely covers the target in a ball of light but I was a split second off in the third screen cap. I have another from the level 7 Normal nodes that shows it better.

This is Mace getting roasted, and surviving, just after he removed Palpatine's Offense Up in LS 7-H normal.
    18hxl0.png

Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • He has a basic attack? I thought its all lightning ...
    I love this guy, hope we get him as a farmable toon.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    BentWookie wrote: »
    I never got to see him use his lightning.. :/

What? the two times I faced him.. he opens with his lightning attack on my JC on both occasions taking it right down to a slither of his health... that's like 9k health gone!
    Lianara wrote: »
    He has a basic attack? I thought its all lightning ...
    I love this guy, hope we get him as a farmable toon.

He has another ability which seems to do a minor heal and buff his team with an offense buff.. not too sure about the first component, cause I usually have him dead on the normal nodes quite quickly as being hit by his lightning attack kinda hurts
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Khai
    81 posts Member
    Its crazy awesome right?! :D
    Very nice pics @Jabberwocky !
  • i loved it, didn't find him too hard, but loved the toon, and his special was damage up.... so cool
  • I beat it today for the first time. I brought Bariss as ally, and my ewok elder lumi and jc. Elder saved the day.... The battle took at least 10 min on autopilot
  • Good. Once more, the Sith will rule the galaxy! And, we shall have peace :-)
  • Not a chance hes farmable. You think EA will miss out on that cash cow? Store only. Book it
  • Not a chance hes farmable. You think EA will miss out on that cash cow? Store only. Book it

Yeah he will be P2W exclusive.
  • Yoda, Vader and Palpatine at Store? EA, TAKE ALL MY MONEY!!!
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Some were thinking he'll be a P2W special but I think that they may also create Yoda or something special for P2W and then release Palpatine to F2P for balance, something like this, as they did with the TFA pack...
  • OMG...he looks amazing.

The second white number thst appears during an attack is an attack that ignored armor, correct??
  • Khai
    81 posts Member
    OMG...he looks amazing.

The second white number thst appears during an attack is an attack that ignored armor, correct??

Sorta... The white numbers also appear when you hit an Exposed target.
    I think its more of a fixed number, like "true" damage (LoL)
    So i guess its like ignoring armor technically
  • fberbert wrote: »
    Yoda, Vader and Palpatine at Store? EA, TAKE ALL MY MONEY!!!

I can also see General Grievous coming too. Would see more full Droid teams in squad arena
  • fberbert wrote: »
    Yoda, Vader and Palpatine at Store? EA, TAKE ALL MY MONEY!!!

+ROTJ Luke and Han. Id love to use a green saber luke. but I think they will put out a blue saber one first =/
  • Ahh! One day we shall call him master, or OP. One or the other.
  • I definitely would like to see him farmable for F2P community as already got my 7* darth sidious would make a nice collection :).
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.