Reaching 7 stars

DarthMobius87
45 posts Member
edited January 2016
I can't speak for everyone else but man does it feel good when you finally get a character to 7*. My first was Darth Sidious. Now I have 2 at 7* as Jedi Consular got there yesterday and in a few days HK-47 will be there as well. It really feels like an accomplishment whenever it happens. Anyone else feel the same?

Replies

• Funny you mention that! I just 7* my Lumi....Sid will get his 6th tomorrow so not long for him

My geo and Daka will have their 6* in a couple days as well

It does feel good to switch shard hunting to someone else
  • Yup, it's a feeling that never gets old and makes the time spent seem worth it.
  • I agree, I have Kylo and Daka ready to promote (already have Sid, Lumi and Phasma at 7*) but I'm still 400k shy on the first then need another million for the second.

My top squad is now a character level behind because of hoarding the credits to promote.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Feels good unless your broke and can't promote, lol. Between six 7's, a few more ready to be promoted, and the level cap increase im broke almost always :(
  • Viese
    11 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Looking forward on getting Bobba 7* :D

http://imgur.com/ANKqVaO
  • I can't speak for everyone else but man does it feel good when you finally get a character to 7*. My first was Darth Sidious. Now I have 2 at 7* as Jedi Consular got there yesterday and in a few days HK-47 will be there as well. It really feels like an accomplishment whenever it happens. Anyone else feel the same?

nope....i feel poor
  • Yes the feeling is mutual :).
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Of course. My JC was the first to 7*, followed closely by Lumi and Sid.

I'll be proud when I have a full 7* team. Just 120 shards to go for Poe and Poggle
  • I just finished 7 starring my poe so now my whole team is 7 stars :)

almost 27k power :*
  • Yup its a good feeling. Only one in my team that isn't 7* is poor poggle. It doesn't affect him much though.
  • l3end3r wrote: »
    I'll be proud when I have a full 7* team.

Oh yes I'm really looking forward to finally fielding a full 7* team but is quite a ways off yet.
  • By far the most satisfying 7* is dooku
  • Giodude2000
    240 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I agree, got Lumi to 7* last week and just promoted NS Initiate to 7* today as well.

I am ftp as well so has been a bit of a slog to get there. Hopefully JC and Phasma will be next and working on Bariss too now that I have 2 nodes at 3* to farm.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I don't have any 7* yet, at lvl 63. I have several 6* instead, on purpose. I don't know if it's related to it, but my GW are cakewalks. I never see teams of 7* toons, and I'm top 5 regulsrly at my timetable. I've sniped 2nd place three times.

I know I'll have to get 7* soon, it's already hard to keep the place in top 5 arena, but so far I think my approach is working well. Maybe the GW matchmaking is totally unrelated and I'm just a victim of confirmation bias, but it has been working. I clear GW at lvl 63 without losing a single guy. I use Lumi, JC, Geo, 86 and 88 the first 9 or so battles to do it faster, and swap Daka for 88 last 3 to clean it up safer. And it's a cakewalk. Dunno if others' experiences are the same without 7*
  • Triqui wrote: »
    I don't have any 7* yet, at lvl 63. I have several 6* instead, on purpose. I don't know if it's related to it, but my GW are cakewalks. I never see teams of 7* toons, and I'm top 5 regulsrly at my timetable. I've sniped 2nd place three times.

I know I'll have to get 7* soon, it's already hard to keep the place in top 5 arena, but so far I think my approach is working well. Maybe the GW matchmaking is totally unrelated and I'm just a victim of confirmation bias, but it has been working. I clear GW at lvl 63 without losing a single guy. I use Lumi, JC, Geo, 86 and 88 the first 9 or so battles to do it faster, and swap Daka for 88 last 3 to clean it up safer. And it's a cakewalk. Dunno if others' experiences are the same without 7*

You are so fortunate! From 7 node onwards it is full 6-7* in GW for me.

Yes, the feeling o getting 7* is awesome! Especially when you need to dump 1 million at the end. It is like finally! A job completed!

• Plus I've been fortunate to not have been annoyed by the RNG when it comes to getting those last few shards. Sidious was through the arena and so is HK-47 so I know exactly when I'll be getting 7*. And I got lucky with the Consular. Needed 10 shards on the last day. Managed to get 5 from the Cantina Shipment without a refresh, 2 from hard nodes and was lazy and bought the last 3 shards in a bundle from the store.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    ccfoo wrote: »
    Triqui wrote: »

You are so fortunate! From 7 node onwards it is full 6-7* in GW for me.

Yes, the feeling o getting 7* is awesome! Especially when you need to dump 1 million at the end. It is like finally! A job completed!

My point is that maybe it's not fortune. We don't know how matchmaking works, so we can only speculate. But some of the theories include that your own stars influence the teams you face. So if you have 1 or more 7*, the game matches you with 7* teams. My own example is a tiny sampke size, but maybe others experience the same abd we can get a hint
  • Triqui wrote: »

I'm in the same boat. I'm in no rush to upgrade from 6 to 7 given the cost in both shards and credits. I will eventually when i have settled for good on an arena team. I have completed every GW so far and regularly top 10 in arena the past several days
  • the star level of your own toons has nothing to do with the enemies you face in GW.
    i don't have a 7 star toon yet (sid will be the first today :smile: ) and i'm regularly facing teams full of 7 star toons in GW.
    couldn't finish GW for at least 5 days :(
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    I don't have any toon at 7* yet but I'm already excited at the prospect of getting one. It will be a race between Kylo (cantina), Phasma (GW), Poe (cantina), IG88 (arena).

I have Luke and JC at 6* but I stopped farming them to get Kylo to 5* first. Many guides recommend getting Sid (mine still at 4*), Lumi (mine so weak at 3*), and Daka (not even unlocked) to 7 first but I chose to take a different route.
  • All you guys who are short credits just do this

The profit mining ticket thing!
    It's 50 energy to do

But if you refresh 2 times you have over 200 energy meaning you can do it 4 times in a row getting 400K credits

You do sacrifice shard farming on hard missions or gear piece farming but if you need it to upgrade it may be worth it for you
  • I only have 1 character at 7 and that is Sid. It was indeed pretty cool to get there but I am in no big rush to get others there. I don't see much difference between Sid at 7 compared to how he was at 6 so I am thinking it makes more sense to focus on bettering other characters than just focusing on say five guys getting to 7.

The fact it costs 1 mil to promote from 6 to 7 is another negative to me of making that the top priority.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    MoMoney wrote: »
    the star level of your own toons has nothing to do with the enemies you face in GW.
    i don't have a 7 star toon yet (sid will be the first today :smile: ) and i'm regularly facing teams full of 7 star toons in GW.
    couldn't finish GW for at least 5 days :(

Then I don't understand why I get much easier teams than most of those mentioned in the forum