What should i do with 5s?

I have Fives at 5*, gear 7, level 60, 3600 power, and i dont know what to do with him. Right now i have:

Toon Power

Lumi 3600
Sid 4000
JC 4200
Pogg 4100
Maul 3100
Phas 3500
(I know its 6 but i swap people in and out)

Hes honestly like the borderline for me. Im saving up cantina credits because i dont know whether to go for daka or get him to 6*.

should i get him to 6* or get daka
Should he start and if so over who?

Replies

• Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    He's a decent toon, especially for the tank challenge and while he fits with pretty much any team there's currently only one other clone toon (not counting Boba who isn't classed as clone) so no real synergy at this point.

Plus, you will need Daka to get through the DS PvE missions. She's the only DS healer that doesn't cannibalize themselves or is only self-heal. Her stun is the primary reason for her but the heal and revives are a big bonus.

Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    there's currently only one other clone toon (not counting Boba who isn't classed as clone) so no real synergy at this point.

Why would boba be classified as a clone??
  • Because he's a clone of jango
    JoshG wrote: »
    there's currently only one other clone toon (not counting Boba who isn't classed as clone) so no real synergy at this point.

Because he's jango's clone.

Daka all the way. She's needed for DS pve and actually plays decent in arena
  • if i had him, i would make a counter team:

phasma,kylo,dooku,5555, and (anything in here)
  • 5ives is a solid 6th man for GW, I feel. If I don't need my A team, he's in.

I agree with getting Daka. You'll need her for DS battles.
  • if i had him, i would make a counter team:

This This This!!!
  • 5ives is a solid 6th man for GW, I feel. If I don't need my A team, he's in.

I agree with getting Daka. You'll need her for DS battles.

Definitely tRUE!!!!
  • I have 5's and my issue with him is that he hits like a kitten and has synergies with non-existent clones. His redeeming quality is that he counters and can call in a teammate to assist attack. But lots of other characters can call in a teammate and what's the point of his counter if he's going to hit like it's a tickle fight.
  • Darth_D0ng wrote: »
    I have 5's and my issue with him is that he hits like a kitten and has synergies with non-existent clones. His redeeming quality is that he counters and can call in a teammate to assist attack. But lots of other characters can call in a teammate and what's the point of his counter if he's going to hit like it's a tickle fight.

His slow on attack is nice. :#
  • I'm training up fives to 7* just because i want a solid tank for GW would recommend you do the same he is a very useful toon in the early GW stages and when he dies who cares you got your other 7* peeps ready to switch out ;).
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Daishi wrote: »
    Because he's a clone of jango

Ur right. I was thinking boba was his son.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Darth_D0ng wrote: »
    I have 5's and my issue with him is that he hits like a kitten and has synergies with non-existent clones. His redeeming quality is that he counters and can call in a teammate to assist attack. But lots of other characters can call in a teammate and what's the point of his counter if he's going to hit like it's a tickle fight.

I think you undervalue his slow.
    However, fives main strengths are his hit points, high armor, general tankyness, and battlefield control, which are things that right now don't have a lot of value, as damage is too high compared to HP pools. But I think that will change, and Fives have a lot of good qualities if it does. Mine is 5* gear VII and I expect him to be valuable later
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    if i had him, i would make a counter team:

This sounds great but in practice is nearly useless in the current meta. It doesn't matter that you counter-attack for 2k when you are getting hit for 8k.
    I also unlocked 5s and have since then been trying to figure out what to do with him. I would just wait and hopefully the game will at some point be rebalanced so that more defensive teams are viable. That's where 5s would do well.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • 5s is great for light side battles. I 7 starred him and used him a lot in all teams (save for DS).
    Now I've replaced him with Dameron as my tank.
    Choose Daka as she's a mainstay in DS and very useful in GW.
    I've also used her in Arena with ventress to get in an early stun on an OP opponent when my normal options weren't quite doing the business.
  • I also have found 5's to be only marginally useful. Daka is much more useful, IMO, as is Poe. He is nice for PvE modes, especially when there are lots of AoE, but that's not very common in GW. He's not bad to have, but he's low on my priority list to star up.
  • Fives shines in gw for sure. He isnt bad at all in pvp but can be replaced with better toons. Im curentlly training a counter team to use fives in. He really helps in near death scenarios. And i'll just build him up for my future clone team... Just wait and see...

Also, is he bugged? His assist says he does 50% more dmg with a clone assist. I once by accident clicked the assist attack when he was the only one left, and got a whoooping 3.5k crit al lvl 54 or something. Which is more then he normaly does for sure. It won me a match i thought i lost.
  • JoshG wrote: »
    Daishi wrote: »
    Because he's a clone of jango

Ur right. I was thinking boba was his son.

Yup, he was cloned with no added modifications from Jango in the prequels.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • POOPinSOUP
    6 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    TimCastle11 wrote:
    Qeltar wrote: This sounds great but in practice is nearly useless in the current meta.

As a fellow who is finishing in the top 3 daily, I must disagree that this build is useless. Currently I'm running Phasma, Kylo, Sid, Lumi, Dooku (or Fives)....and I'm doing extremely well against whales with QGJ/Leia/FOTP/Poe/etc.

If your server has a large volume of AoE teams and you're f2p it's one of the best teams going. Personally I plan to switch to the same line-up TimCastle11 proposed when both Dooku and Fives are both starred. QGJ will be my fifth. After the next level cap raise, Fives basic attack will gain "attack again if enemy already has speed down" which will be a HUGE boon for that team.

It will mean that any enemy trying an AoE attack will be met with: 3-5 counter attacks, speed down for 2 turns, 55% chance healing immunity, 70% chance DoT for 2 turns, and a 35-70% chance of stun and/or ability block if they are Jedi. All except for one of those attacks will have extra damage and Dooku stands about a 37% chance of gaining 40% turn meter. All of this happens without costing you a single turn.

• POOPinSOUP wrote: »
    TimCastle11 wrote:
    Qeltar wrote: This sounds great but in practice is nearly useless in the current meta.

As a fellow who is finishing in the top 3 daily, I must disagree that this build is useless. Currently I'm running Phasma, Kylo, Sid, Lumi, Dooku (or Fives)....and I'm doing extremely well against whales with QGJ/Leia/FOTP/Poe/etc.

If your server has a large volume of AoE teams and you're f2p it's one of the best teams going. Personally I plan to switch to the same line-up TimCastle11 proposed when both Dooku and Fives are both starred. QGJ will be my fifth. After the next level cap raise, Fives basic attack will gain "attack again if enemy already has speed down" which will be a HUGE boon for that team.

It will mean that any enemy trying an AoE attack will be met with: 3-5 counter attacks, speed down for 2 turns, 55% chance healing immunity, 70% chance DoT for 2 turns, and a 35-70% chance of stun and/or ability block if they are Jedi. All except for one of those attacks will have extra damage and Dooku stands about a 37% chance of gaining 40% turn meter. All of this happens without costing you a single turn.

Also have to mention phasmas AOE which cauass slow. Has great synergy with the extra benefit you just mentioned. Personally hoping more clones come soon for fives to shine.
  • POOPinSOUP wrote: »
    TimCastle11 wrote:

This. I run a variant of this team and I can usually place top 3 at level 63
  • Fives is great I'm level 62 and fives is always in my A-team once at gear 7 and above and skills all at level 4-5 he's the best tank I've seen in ages, he lasts forever he counters nearly every time and his damage is fairly high.... What's all your problems with him? Like seriously once upgraded he's awesome.
  • He is awesome, biggest problem for most is probably that they wana replace him with someone stronger. He is strong but not tie pilot or poe level for example. Hes also on my A team. I love him in my counter assist team.
  • I have 5's at 6 star, max gear and max skills for level 66. I am 50 away from making him 7 star. He is great for GW. But I think he is really dragging my arena team down as opponents can ignore him until the end. that is how I deal with any team that has a 5's which I face.
  • I realized how powerful Fives was yesterday. I had my arena battle down to one on one with my full health Sidius (7*, level 64, gear viii, all abilities at 6) against the opponent's full health Fives. I thought I had the battle won but Fives destroyed my Sidius. With his slow and counter - he got 3 hits off to my one hit and his HP is insane. I'm so tempted to go for Poe or QGJ but I'm gonna keep starring up my Fives.
  • Actually I don't even think the opponent's Fives was at full health and he still destroyed my Sidius.