Time to Nerf Rey

She can do somewhere around 15000 damage. How is she a "risky attacker" who is "vulnerable to debuffs"? Without the 23% boost, she'll still do over 12000 damage. Not so risky if you ask me, especially with her invulnerability skill.

Please average out all the characters' damage in the game and just set Rey's damage to that amount. Thanks!

Replies

• I hope you're trolling. I really do.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Blam
    113 posts Member
    Buff Rey!
  • I hope you're trolling. I really do.

troll-sad-troll-face-l.png
  • Sakichan
    94 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Rey damage is absurd and she is too fast. I think she is a very powerful stand alone hero that doesnt need buff or synergy from others.

I think she might need a bit adjustment, maybe add some conditions to be powerful, not a raw power from the beginning without assists from others.
  • She can do somewhere around 15000 damage. How is she a "risky attacker" who is "vulnerable to debuffs"? Without the 23% boost, she'll still do over 12000 damage. Not so risky if you ask me, especially with her invulnerability skill.

Please average out all the characters' damage in the game and just set Rey's damage to that amount. Thanks!

how did i not see this coming? how about time for you to obtain an "OP" char and learn to play the game properly. glass cannons obviously do a lot of damage. Kylo does a lot of dmg, can crit up to 10k with the right team.
  • Sakichan wrote: »
    Rey damage is absurd and she is too fast. I think she is a very powerful stand alone hero that doesnt need buff or synergy from others.

I think she might need a bit adjustment, maybe add some conditions to be powerful, not a raw power from the beginning without assists from others.

i think she's also the first person i kill...in like 3 seconds.
  • Rutank wrote: »
    Sakichan wrote: »

Not if Poe is protecting her. Seriously though...it isn't Poe, or thr damage dealers. It is the fact health and armor simply do not scale right now. And that needs to be fixed.
  • We should find the avg of all the characters, give the avg of all the characters to ALL the characters and instead of PvPing or fighting, we should just play missions all day long.

Cuz, it ain't fair to fight against one another, cuz the OP can't win

He is...as his forum ID states he is...and that's the way it is.

Oh, and has anyone seen how awesome IG 86 is?

Droid . I don't use 88. What's up with his slowness?

• anyone get Kylo? I just 6 star mine. My he is insane.

with a few offense up, he just wrecks havock.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Rutank wrote: »

Not if Poe is protecting her. Seriously though...it isn't Poe, or thr damage dealers. It is the fact health and armor simply do not scale right now. And that needs to be fixed.

Rey has lower health than the FOTP, and as long as she doesn't have the foresight buff... she is usually defeated by Dooku and Leia (don't stealth) combined both move before Poe.... that's how little health she has.. Even if they don't kill and Poe taunts, you use Sidious's AOE. she's usually dead by then.. if not another AOE and she's gone.

The issue you describe isn't an issue with Rey but more with Poe... but even then I have told you how to kill her even if Poe does taunt! There isn't a healer that will act before Sidious and usually by that time she is dead 99% of the time...

If not then the problem is you haven't geared yourself out...

I've seen 5* Dooku properly geared utterly destroy my gear 8 Rey on his own with a double hit.. Heck if the enemy team has a QGJ or Leia as well and focus fire on Rey, she's usually dead. Heck even if Sidious does his AOE, Rey needs to be healed right after or she is dead.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Rutank wrote: »
    She can do somewhere around 15000 damage. How is she a "risky attacker" who is "vulnerable to debuffs"? Without the 23% boost, she'll still do over 12000 damage. Not so risky if you ask me, especially with her invulnerability skill.

how did i not see this coming? how about time for you to obtain an "OP" char and learn to play the game properly. glass cannons obviously do a lot of damage. Kylo does a lot of dmg, can crit up to 10k with the right team.

Troll Status: Success
  • So today I lost an arena battle to Rey. Not her team, Rey. I focused her immediately with Dooku and Sid and managed to land a 3 turn heal immunity on her and she swiftly used foresight and did at least half of her target's HP every single attack. So I basically utilized a team comp perfect to subdue her and even though RNG worked in my favor she wrecked my team outright.

Nothing to see here folks, P2W advantage gonna P2W advantage.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Rutank wrote: »

I would say that the only thing I feel needs nerfing in this game right now is Poe's speed. FOTP, Leia, Rey, and Dooku are all easy enough to kill and you can work around their abilities. The only way to fight Poe is have a Poe that moves first. Otherwise, his taunt is activated, your team is slowed down, and before you have a single move 4 of 5 of your team members have been killed and your single toon is left with no other option than to attack the taunted Poe. Poe's speed far surpasses 90% of the other toons. I would be okay if they left everything else the same, but just slowed his speed down closer to other tanks.
    Post edited by EM650 on
  • Benr3600 wrote: »
    So today I lost an arena battle to Rey. Not her team, Rey. I focused her immediately with Dooku and Sid and managed to land a 3 turn heal immunity on her and she swiftly used foresight and did at least half of her target's HP every single attack. So I basically utilized a team comp perfect to subdue her and even though RNG worked in my favor she wrecked my team outright.

Nothing to see here folks, P2W advantage gonna P2W advantage.

Rey is farmable u know. by the time you get to level 70, where the cap is, you too will gain 80 shards for her. just be patient as a free player?

not many battles will be decided by one hero. I'd say you lost to one team and it looks like Rey beat you by herself. Take it as one battle? Plenty more to do and plenty ways to climb the ladder. I'm sure you've got tons of stories where your last standing Lumi just wins some improbable battle for you. You are just focusing on a one time thing.

Rey's is one of the main characters in TFA, and yet so many people are crying about Geono Soldier and droids being in the spotlight.

Rey isn't OP. She is a one trick pony who has high power and quick speed to make up for her poor health and not giving her allies any benefits. Poggle does more than her. Sid does more than her. Many more, but I am a non-Chromium player so I only talk about heroes to farm

Sidious is way better.

Poggle is way better. and like 10 more heroes are more useful than rey. Rey is great because smart people use her right. If Han is in that squad, how many more shots will rey get ? many more shots and it's face shots to enemy

• OMG THE CRYING ON THESE FOURMS IS OUTRAGEOUS
  • I have never had a problem with Rey, I just debuff her right away and make sure I take her out first. She has never 1 hit killed any of my characters and she has never survived the first round of attacks
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    EM650 wrote: »
    The only way to fight Poe is have a Poe that moves first.

Not quite, another option is actually QGJ with his humbling blow at ability lvl 6, you'll need ot make sure QGJ is gear maxed otherwise Poe will keep resisting it.. It will remove the taunt and give your team an offense buff.. This isn't an 100% reliable option given Poe's very high tenacity but works roughtly 50% of the time... The trick is making sure QGJ survives to use the attack.

But facing Rey without Poe, you're better off using QGJ assist attack on her if he moves before her.. It'll flat out kill her as long as QGJ doesn't call someone a low damage assister like Barriss. Even someone with moderate damage will kill her on the assist

Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »
    OMG THE CRYING ON THESE FOURMS IS OUTRAGEOUS

quite true.

but is true for all forums. just that intelligent posters give up and hang out with their guild mates while the trolls have no one and no where to go, so they troll the forums.
  • Skye wrote: »

But facing Rey without Poe, you're better off using QGJ assist attack on her if he moves before her.. It'll flat out kill her as long as QGJ doesn't call someone a low damage assister like Barriss. Even someone with moderate damage will kill her on the assist

Kill Rey with Geo solder or Ig 88

farmable and free in game.

• EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Skye wrote: »

Not quite, another option is actually QGJ with his humbling blow at ability lvl 6, you'll need ot make sure QGJ is gear maxed otherwise Poe will keep resisting it.. It will remove the taunt and give your team an offense buff.. This isn't an 100% reliable option given Poe's very high tenacity but works roughtly 50% of the time... The trick is making sure QGJ survives to use the attack.

Thanks for the tip. My QGJ is 7* and gear is maxed, but I need to up his abilities still. I think they are at 4 so 2 more increases to go.
  • I thought this thread was sarcasm when I first saw it.

Seriously? Nerf Rey?

LOL

L2P folks.

Enough with the nerf talk.
  • @ThePedroKid

It was sarcasm, but I guess that, plus the troll image, plus the troll status didn't communicate it.

These nerf threads are significantly more popular than any other more constructive threads though. Shows you why people go to the forums in the first place.
  • Killing Rey is so simple. She definitely doesn't counter her own counter with her speed and foresight or anything.
  • @ThePedroKid

It was sarcasm, but I guess that, plus the troll image, plus the troll status didn't communicate it.

These nerf threads are significantly more popular than any other more constructive threads though. Shows you why people go to the forums in the first place.

I was certain, from those troll references, it was sarcasm but then so many people started _agreeing_.

I fear for this game if the devs don't completely disregard all of this nerf talk. Even Bariss should never have been nerfed, tbh. There are so many counters to her (even in previous buff form) now. It would have totally balanced out at this point.

I mean, everyone just uses Lumi now... How is it any different? Everyone is still using the same healer!
  • I fear for this game if the devs don't completely disregard all of this nerf talk. Even Bariss should never have been nerfed, tbh. There are so many counters to her (even in previous buff form) now. It would have totally balanced out at this point.

Completely agree with Barriss (reason for another thread)

All heroes should be examined at 60 level (back when it was the max) and now at 70. Gears and power and defense and meta change so quickly that today's trash can be tomorrow's gold mine.

GS wasn't used 2 weeks ago.
    86 wasn't that used 2 weeks ago.

next week the meta could be ima and 5555's. who knows. but it doesn't mean 5555s deserve nerf talk.

• EM650
    1120 posts Member
    @ThePedroKid

I was certain, from those troll references, it was sarcasm but then so many people started _agreeing_.

I fear for this game if the devs don't completely disregard all of this nerf talk. Even Bariss should never have been nerfed, tbh. There are so many counters to her (even in previous buff form) now. It would have totally balanced out at this point.

I mean, everyone just uses Lumi now... How is it any different? Everyone is still using the same healer!

I hope I was clear in my comments that I think Rey is fine as is.
  • Time to nerf the ppl that beg for nerfs while the ones that grind and farm get rewarded for there hard work! Nerf lumi nerf Sid nooo never coz u nerf beggers use them chars all the time so stop begging for the game to make it easy for u to be lazy and stick to one team when there's farming to be done so u can win every battle "apparently" with these unbeatable OP chars coz if I thought a char would make me OP I'd farm him not nerf him
This discussion has been closed.