The Master and The Apprentice: Sith Synergy

Just bouncing ideas around about synergies.

It seems reasonable that jedi bonuses apply to all jedi.

But I think for Sith, their bonuses should apply only to the master and the apprentice. If more than 2 sith are in a squad, the other sith shouldn't receive the master/apprentice bonus, leadership or unique bonuses.

What do you think?
what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?

Replies

• I don't like all these duo synergies. They reduce creativity in team compositions. With a bonus that applies to all Sith or all Jedi, you can get pretty creative and use different Sith or different Jedi to come up with a unique team. Wiggs must be used together, so there are fewer combinations of teams.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I agree in part, one master one apprentice, but if you have 2 masters and each apprentice is present then both pairs should get their respective bonuses.

The sith need a little love to stay relevant. I thought palp was going to do it but as great as he is he just falls short.
  • Why nerf the sith?
  • Neat idea would be interesting but wouldnt really work cause most of them were the same Master and apprentice. Palp was Master for Vader and Maul so if you have them both does only vader or Maul get the bonus? Maul was Master of Savage so if you had a mostly Sith make up all of them would get it still cause of the rule of two. So having bonuses to all sith is fine in the game.
  • joseybizzle
    74 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Radonis wrote: »
    Neat idea would be interesting but wouldnt really work cause most of them were the same Master and apprentice. Palp was Master for Vader and Maul so if you have them both does only vader or Maul get the bonus? Maul was Master of Savage so if you had a mostly Sith make up all of them would get it still cause of the rule of two. So having bonuses to all sith is fine in the game.

well EP wasnt Maul's master he was only Vader's, so Sidious should be Maul's AND Dooku's Master too!
    And dooku should have the same with Ventress,

only being pedantic cuz EA are, with having Sidious and EP lol
    My Collection Red Lining the Revan Counter

• Ya, there would be things to work out for this idea, but hey, that's what programmers are for.

I figure you can assign the master, and the apprentice when fielding squad. The rule of 2 is maintained, while we have creative ideas about master and apprentice. This synergy could be more of an open ended duo, where we have choices about naster/apprentice combinations. And since their bonuses would only apply to them, they can be buffed more than say an open wide jedi bonus.

Anyways, just thinking out loud, and dreaming of possibilities.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?