I'm still #1 with the current vader

Straight up he's fine, if you tweak Anything he will be op. And he should be its vader!!! From a long time empire squad who's still takes top spot daily on a dec shard against wiggs chaze bobba teams here's what he needs if you do upgrade him.
Make his ability block 100% unavoidable(for op make it last for two turns)
Make his culling blade on a killing blow remove all cooldowns on his abilities( for less op remove the cooldown by 1)
That's it, he still ability blocks, has solid speed, goes 3 times in a row under emp lead, has the hardest hitting ability in the game, and full heals almost every turn, his ability block alone can win matches!!

Replies

• Taking top spot is a big big difference from being top spot! I take top spot also but think he does need a little work.

A lot has been added to the game recently, and I think it is getting harder and harder for him to do what he does now. He is totally reliant on a tenacity and dispel war, which in meta is now actually pretty hard to stop. And on defence this and the AI makes him next to useless.

Released characters now get more and more interesting abilities, he is still good but I think there are plenty of great options for a new ability to have similarly powerful abilities (or lets face it more powerful, Vader) to the new additions, and I believe he should have a unique.

I'd also like to see him be more of a unit, like boba became, you can throw boba in anywhere and he is insanely fun to use, and effective, no one would use Vader without palpatine lead and an empire team, which i find to be wrong from what you'd want from him really, and many, me included, drop him for others even in an empire setup, which is a little ridiculous.

Perhaps:

ALTERING THE DEAL: on his turn, All enemy buffs have a 50% chance to be dispelled by Vader

This will mean he isn't just an automatic win when you fight him if you have someone who gives tenacity and dispels, and I think it might also have some cool effects on meta battles.
  • Also a lot has been said about his basic damage, while his basic does do pathetic damage, it is incredibly useful for ability blocking someone you want. There are many situations that I'd take it over another basic that hit 5x as hard, his basic is fine and really useful in my opinion. I don't worry so much about that

However, I would change that to give him decent damage for the sole reason that it's a little weird having Vader chop someone with his lightsaber and it doing 3000 damage, and the fact that if you gave him a little more basic damage, I don't think it would really make a difference. In fact I'd still usually target the enemies I wasn't trying to kill to try and stop a crucial ability if I could.

I'd also say that many, many others also need reworking
  • Cardiff0 wrote: »
    Taking top spot is a big big difference from being top spot! I take top spot also but think he does need a little work.

A lot has been added to the game recently, and I think it is getting harder and harder for him to do what he does now. He is totally reliant on a tenacity and dispel war, which in meta is now actually pretty hard to stop. And on defence this and the AI makes him next to useless.

Released characters now get more and more interesting abilities, he is still good but I think there are plenty of great options for a new ability to have similarly powerful abilities (or lets face it more powerful, Vader) to the new additions, and I believe he should have a unique.

I'd also like to see him be more of a unit, like boba became, you can throw boba in anywhere and he is insanely fun to use, and effective, no one would use Vader without palpatine lead and an empire team, which i find to be wrong from what you'd want from him really, and many, me included, drop him for others even in an empire setup, which is a little ridiculous.

Perhaps:

ALTERING THE DEAL: on his turn, All enemy buffs have a 50% chance to be dispelled by Vader

This will mean he isn't just an automatic win when you fight him if you have someone who gives tenacity and dispels, and I think it might also have some cool effects on meta battles.

Yay Vader becomes the next B2.
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    He wouldn't be as efficient and reliable as B2 at dispelling, and it would be very different. B2 also gives buff immunity
    Post edited by Cardiff0 on
  • another thing you could do is add 2 or 3 more dots to make his culling blade an insta kill or close too 100% of the time under emp of course
  • Vader with a zeta is an insta kill! haven't you seen the videos of it? Endless DoTs!!

I do agree he could have more of a punch on his basic and a Unique that would allow him to be more than just Empire/Sith. The idea of him dispelling his opponents is a good one (see post by Cardiff0 above)
  • And I could take 1st with ugnaught on my team but I guess he is amazing as well