Tarkin Fleet Commander

Tarkin is a great fleet commander but why does he need 5, 4 star dark side ships to level himself up to 5 stars. This is ridiculous! Especially considering that there are less dark side ship options available than light side! And it is harder to obtain the dark side ships that are available. EA needs to fix this or I might as well scrap tarkin. EA only shows love to the light side and this is obvious when you look at how many light side characters there are as opposed to the dark side. This is also obvious when you look at the top rankings and all you ever seem to see is the same stupid rebels.

Replies

• +1

• It'll surely change in a near future.
    With ships we have to be patient, if there is affiliation, there is not enough ships by affiliation to make an entiere fleet. And some don't depend of any amiral commander. Just wait :)
  • I was finally able to get tarkin to 6* the other day but it was pain because of the lack of dark side ships this def needs to be addressed
  • chezhead
    221 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I feel bad for people who want to run tarkin. Having to go against AA all the time is a little boring. I would like to see more variety on my shard.

He was obviously set up to be a road block so people couldn't farm zetas right away unless you got lucky. If not for placing high in the vader tourney it would have taken me a lot longer to get that 5th 4* dark side ship.

the downside of this is he doesn't have much synergy and DS ships are rare.

• At least this punishes those people who went for tons of light side ships with AA. Those guys won't be farming zetas for a while due to lack of DS ships (unless said people are whales)
  • E00N
    147 posts Member
    I am lvl 57, but i am preparing for Tarkin Admiral fleet. I like DS and dont like meta.

Fist i will pick

IMP TIE fighter (have great TFP ready) + Biggs (good synergy with Target lock and taunt) + Geonosian Soldier + FOTP (bad pilot without farm potencial) + any crap like resistance X wing - this is for START

when its will be posible i need TIE ADVANCE (vader in main squat) + Slave 1 (Boba in main squat) .

last future slot is free for Sun Fac , i need both - ship + toon farm.

Need one more Dark Side good ship as replace FOTP , or must be FOTP farmable somewhere.

Sry for english , GL with dark side ship arena .
  • Praise on OP. The struggle continues for the Darkside. I'm pretty sure atleast 60-70 percent of the players would agree EA is lightside happy.
  • Yeah - I have a Tarkin set-up, and I like it but it's tough going out against AA or MW - especially MW. I target the AA fleets and try to leave MW alone if I can.
  • i have his Takins ship to 6*. Group power around 139k. Top 3 daily in ships. Took a lot to get him there. He's just more fun. I love his ship.

Need more ships with synergy! Wish i had Vaders ship!
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • There is a problem with dark side ships. Not enough.
    But clearly I think ships are at the beginning, and there will be lots more ships in the next months.
  • Agreed - ships is still at the early stages. I'm not worried about progressing too far into it for now, it will get better - lots of potential.
  • The force must be balanced, I sense a rise in the dark side!
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm the only one on my shard in the top 50 who runs Tarkin. I would love more dark side ships because I am stalled as well. I'm banking on getting Slave One as my final dark side ship to do the challenge as I don't want to farm Geo Spy.
  • Darth_jim wrote: »
    Tarkin is a great fleet commander but why does he need 5, 4 star dark side ships to level himself up to 5 stars. This is ridiculous! Especially considering that there are less dark side ship options available than light side! And it is harder to obtain the dark side ships that are available. EA needs to fix this or I might as well scrap tarkin. EA only shows love to the light side and this is obvious when you look at how many light side characters there are as opposed to the dark side. This is also obvious when you look at the top rankings and all you ever seem to see is the same **** rebels.

Preach Brother! What makes it worse the rebels had far less of everything in the film's and books. This needs to be addressed asap
  • And so begins the Rise of the Empire
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Because zetas
  • I feel like the Geonosians are actually one of the better or at least most promising synergies in ship battles.

Ironically, they fare best with AA as fleet commander.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Hopefully they surprise us with this palpatine event and throw in a Rugess Nome ship
  • I feel like the Geonosians are actually one of the better or at least most promising synergies in ship battles.

Ironically, they fare best with AA as fleet commander.

Geonosions + Scimitar + Slave I + reinforcements under an Ackbar lead makes for a very nasty combo.
    Stealth galore and assists out the wazoo and Slave I is great.
  • The worst part isn't that we can't get Executrix to 5*. The worst part is that if we want to farm zetas from the challenges, we HAVE to have a 5* Executrix to do it.
  • The worst part isn't that we can't get Executrix to 5*. The worst part is that if we want to farm zetas from the challenges, we HAVE to have a 5* Executrix to do it.

And that Sun Fac and Maul were previously unavailable to f2p so farming their ships to 4* isn't helpful. That leaves you with only 5 other ships (not counting Vader because the tournament was useless). Geo Spy isn't exactly commonly owned and Slave I blueprints only show up once in a blue moon. (Like seriously I'm at 32/80 and Ive bought them every single time they've been in there.) So unless you're willing to refresh the fleet shipments like crazy or go buy a ton of random chance ship packs, you're pretty much screwed in terms of Zeta farming.