Great game

I discovered this game a month ago after the movie rekindled my love of all things Star Wars. I downloaded a bunch of different experiences, but this is the only game that stuck.

Galaxy of Heroes does a lot of things really well --

1) It's really well-polished. So many things work well and smoothly. It's slick and easy to use. While there aren't a ton of features, the features that are present are great.

2) It feels Star Wars. It's fun to play the characters, the character and background art is great and it just all coheres into a great Star Wars experience.

3) It's good game design. Building up your squad is fun and compelling. Galactic Wars is really fun content, a fun challenge I look forward to every day.

4) It does a great job of balancing FtP and PtW play-styles. For most of the game I have been FtP and can always place in the top 5 of my server (admittedly not a hardcore server) and can complete GW every day. And yet clearly there are a ton of high-spenders who also enjoy the game and enjoy putting their money into it. That's great game design. I'm happy finishing second in Arena, and yet I can't possibly touch 1st place for a long time (a 5,000+ higher player who has 7-star QGJ, Leia, etc.). We're both happy, I assume.

I am a pretty dedicated FtP player, not because I don't have money, but because most FtP games aren't worth spending money on...and I've put $100+ dollars into this game because of the enjoyment it has given me.

A few final notes and hopes for Capital Games --

1) I wish there were more reasons to spend money in rational ways. I'll assume Capital Games has smart people, and the systems they have in place make them a lot of money...but in some ways I *want* to give them more money, but have no reason to. As many people have pointed out, spending *some* money on Chromium packs is a dumb decision. I spent my $100 on chromium packs, and immediately regretted it afterwards. The money made *zero* difference in my Arena or my GW. Not one speck of difference. Having your customers who regret spending money on your game is not a good long-term dynamic. I will not be spending money on chromium packs again, because I'm not willing to spend $1000+ on chromium packs.

Similar note with the character offers. I went from thinking I would not spend $50 on Bariss, to then regretting not spending $50 on Bariss, to now being quite comfortable I didn't spend $50 on Bariss. If character packs were available more often or permanently, I would have spent more money on this game. The more that time goes on without interesting/useful ways to spend money, the more trained I will be to not spend money.

2) Please be careful with major balance changes. I get it, I really do, but I deleted the app the day the GW changes came. I was so used to winning, so used to the way it was, and it became apparent I wasn't going to be able to finish GW with the new changes. Several hours later, I decided I liked the game too much, and I would give it another go...and with much chagrin realized I could indeed complete GW and have every day since.

But when you change things that have been in place for a long time, just please be careful. Sometimes people won't come back, not ever.

3) I hope you treat this game like something that can last for many years. Treat it like you're stewards of Star Wars, like you want Star Wars and this game to last forever, or at least be better tomorrow than it is today. The more decisions you make where you seek to optimize our fun and our play rather than our spend, the more money you'll make in the very long-term.

Again, this has been a great game that I've enjoyed very much the last month. Thank you, Capital Games, for making it. Great job.

Replies

• Hiya, glad you enjoy the game & welcome to the forum!
  • Another one. Welcome.
  • Nice post. I hope that CG / EA take these type of respectful, thought out posts to heart. People do genuinely enjoy this game and are willing to support it - financially and through a long-term investment of their time - we just need the developers to - as the OP stated it -
    Treat it like you're stewards of Star Wars, like you want Star Wars and this game to last forever, or at least be better tomorrow than it is today.