Character Strategy- K-2SO

Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited January 2017
K-2SO
Rebel Tank who Taunts and Counter Attacks.
Unlocks at- Three stars
Available from: Shard Shop (limited time)
hhqmovft9iwd.png
Abilities
BASIC Attack – Carboplast Composite Fist:

ineenax83puv.gif
  • Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 40-70%(Based on Ability Level) chance to inflict Offense Down for 1-2 turns (Based on Ability Level).
SPECIAL Attack – Conductive Charge:
3xxlieixjsvc.gif
  • Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Daze them for 2 turns. If Cassian Andor is present, he is called to Assist.
Unique Ability 1 – Enforcer
rjudkdvc7pqi.gif
  • Whenever K-2SO attacks he has a 45-75% chance to gain Taunt for 1 turn. This taunt is dispelled whenever K-2SO takes damage. (Based on Ability Level)
Unique Ability 1 – Reprogrammed Imperial Droid
  • K-2SO has 24.4-97.6%(Based on Ability Level) Counter Chance. This chance is halved while K-2SO is debuffed.
  • Upgrade 7: K-2SO gains 1% Max Protection whenever he takes damage.
General Strategy
  • K-2SO is a Tank with strong survivability through his large Health and Protection pool. He’ll also recover 1% Protection whenever taking damage.
  • Equipped with passive counter attack and chance to Taunt every time he attacks, K-2SO can effectively regain Taunt when dispelled.
  • K-2SO is more than just a protector of his allies, with the ability to consistently apply Offense Down he can weaken enemies as well.
Hero Synergies
  • K-2SO has built-in synergy with Cassian Andor, where they will call each other to assist attack anytime they use their special abilities. Debuffs that K-2SO inflicts on his targets will also strengthen Cassian’s Crippling Shot ability by having additional types of debuff on enemy units.
  • Under Jyn’s leader, K-2SO will be able to recover 5% Protection every time he gains Taunt and is able to consistently apply Expose by inflicting Defense Down on its basic attack and Daze on his special ability.
  • Outside of the Rebel faction, K-2SO is a strong addition to teams with characters that could take advantage of debuffed enemies, such as Boba Fett and Darth Vader
Where to Use
  • K-2SO is a strong protector that is capable of regaining Taunt after being dispelled that no other tanks in the game could currently can.
  • With a high counter attack chance, he will fit really well in a Defense focused team or Counter Attack team.
  • The Daze debuff can significantly weaken the offensive capabilities of some of the teams that rely heavily on assist attacks, such as Wedge and Biggs
  • In the AAT raid, K-2SO will be taunting consistently to protect his fellow teammates from blasts of the main cannon. It is one of the best way to get Morale III during the topple phase.
Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• How to make him good on my droid team????
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    kylorexx42 wrote: »
    How to make him good on my droid team????

Step 1: Get an Android device
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Profit!

On a droid squad he is going to lag behind B2 and he lags behind Nebit in a Droid/Jawa squad. If you don't have either of them and don't want to use STHan or RG as alternatives then he may work temporarily. He won't be up there in viable arena squads though where you need autotaunters to keep droids alive. If you do use him with Jawa Engineer you won't need a ton of speed except against other droids. On a 'true' droid squad you'll want to throw every bit of speed you have on him.

Outside of droids he's considered very meh however if you can pair him with Cassian that may change. There are a number of good synergies between the two. Also some of the Zeta abilities out there may make him more viable such as Barriss' unique or Jyn's leadership. A Bariss led team of Sun Fac, K-250, B2, and Fives will be fairly obnoxious.
  • Right now in arena i use HK (L), K-2SO, 88, B2, and JE. Originally i thought taking out 86 would be a hard decision...but then i realized that half the time he calls JE or B2 to assist him, so his attack is wasted. And the other half of the time he doesn't get a critical hit on the enemy so he only hits for around 8k. And then maybe, if the RNG Gods deem you worthy, you get 88 or HK (with offense up) to assist. So really taking out 86 wasn't a hard decision for me. K-2SO is, in my opinion, the best tank you could use for droid teams. For a tank he does a lot of damage (right now mine does 5k crit on basic and 10-12k crit on his special) and he can have never ending taunt. Plus, his daze ability makes Biggs worthless, assuming you can kill him before he uses his double assist. His daze also makes most counter attack people so easy to deal with, including Fives who can nearly solo 88 and 86 normally. Another great thing about K-2SO is his guaranteed counter chance (if he is not debuffed), so when someone hits him he can counter for 5k, get 50% TM and then taunt. Then this can repeat several times. The worst part about K-2SO is when he doesn't inflict daze on Biggs with his special but still crits, and then biggs and K-2SO go back and forth hitting each other, and since Biggs won't inflict debuffs K-2SO has guaranteed counter chance. The only way for this to stop is for K-2SO to not get taunt from his counter attack, doesn't crit Biggs, or he dies. So overall K-2SO is a great addition to a droid team that helps them stay in the meta.
  • kylorexx42 wrote: »
    I use a crit damage set bonus, a crit damage triangle mod, a speed arrow mod, a potency plus mod, and then for the others i just put on things that give him the most health/protection secondaries. I also have his speed modded so that my turn order goes: JE, B2, K-2SO, HK, 88.
  • @CG_Kozispoon how can iOS user get their entire shard shop depleted for a toon android got for free?
  • STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    The worst part about K-2SO is when he doesn't inflict daze on Biggs with his special but still crits, and then biggs and K-2SO go back and forth hitting each other, and since Biggs won't inflict debuffs K-2SO has guaranteed counter chance. The only way for this to stop is for K-2SO to not get taunt from his counter attack, doesn't crit Biggs, or he dies.

This is hilarious, but also sad.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    Right now in arena i use HK (L), K-2SO, 88, B2, and JE. Originally i thought taking out 86 would be a hard decision...quote]

I subbed k2 in for 86 when I first got him, at only 5*s then, I still held defensively pretty well. Went back to 86 tho, still better in my opinion. I really don't see a place for k2 on a droid team, but he's great on a wiggs team. Right now I'm using wiggs, STH, SRP, and STH. Hoping to get cassian soon to replace STH... I think that's where K2 will really shine.
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    kylorexx42 wrote: »

Step 1: Get an Android device
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Profit!

YaaaY Profit!
  • Best mod set up for k2 under a jyn lead with cass specifically for TB?
  • Salsc
    73 posts Member
    Greetings,

Does the max protection gained by K-2SO continue across multiple encounters? (i.e. phase 1-6 of territory battles) If so it would mean protection would get a healthy boost during early encounters against weaker opponents and make him really strong in later phases. Trying to confirm to decide what to do about my LSTB Phase 6 R1 team...thinking K2 Zeta might help...

Regards,
    Salsc
  • Wassup
    128 posts Member
    Salsc wrote: »
    Greetings,

Does the max protection gained by K-2SO continue across multiple encounters? (i.e. phase 1-6 of territory battles) If so it would mean protection would get a healthy boost during early encounters against weaker opponents and make him really strong in later phases. Trying to confirm to decide what to do about my LSTB Phase 6 R1 team...thinking K2 Zeta might help...

Regards,
    Salsc

No
  • My strategy for K2-SO would be to leave him well alone.