Big Problem with Galactic War

Prev1
Fenrir823
43 posts Member
edited January 2016
So to start, I'm level 61 with a level 61 team. Okay so I restart galactic war today, and right off the bat, I'm put against a level 61 team first battle. Next battle in against 55 or so. Third battle level 63.... Now we're on battle 5 and in against a LEVEL 70 team. I'm sorry but how the heck is anyone suppose to win galactic war as a free to play player if you're facing level 70 squads that instantly steam roll you. I could see if this was like battle 9... But battle 5? I'm actually upset about this because it's been like this 3 days in a row and it is impossible to finish now whereas I was clearing it every single day ! Anybody else upset about this?

Replies

• Options
    I noticed this too the other day. My final battle has been very easy lately but a couple in the middle were considerably harder.
  • Options
    It's insane because galactic war isn't suppose to be impossible. It's suppose to be hard but when I just hit 61, and I'm playing against all 7 star FOTP, QGJ and garbage like that how are we suppose to come even close to finishing it. It's like EA actually went in and made it harder.
  • Options
    My GW today (I'm also lvl 61) was incredibible easy. Best team was lvl 63 but with no great synergy. And no Leia, Ben, QGJ at all. Even Dooku was rare...
  • Options
    wikking4u wrote: »
    My GW today (I'm also lvl 61) was incredibible easy. Best team was lvl 63 but with no great synergy. And no Leia, Ben, QGJ at all. Even Dooku was rare...

You, sir, are incredibly lucky. Lol
  • Options
    Same here battle 6 was all 7 star at lv69 lol trying to win with a half dead team of lv64
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    @Fenrir823

show us your heroes. maybe we can give you some insight..
  • Muajin
    34 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If it makes you feel better I was put up against a 63 lvl team with my 50lvl team mud GW.
  • Options
    Im sitting here trying to beat a level 67 player in battle 4 as a level 54 player, it's not happening. I feel your pain sir.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    When I first started GW in the forties I was facing level fifty five and Over teams. I knew it would be hard by reading the forum but didn't think it would be That hard.

At the time I didn't know anything about gear or synergy. Just threw a bunch of available heroes together and press start. Needless to say I failed countless times and concluded its impossible to go till the end.

Fast forward a week and now I have a great leader, three dps and a healer. Same team from battle one to twelve. Finish GW every single day. Knowledge Is power, so read up guides, try different combinations, level up ur toons, gear up your characters, and keep trying.

Good luck and may RNGesus be with u!
  • Options
    At all who struggle with overpowered enemies: Are you on an old server? I still think it also affects GW, since I started the game at the end of december and rarely face any chars of big whales, that mostly started playing from the beginning on. Also I have only 7 full geared and leveled toons (including 3 healers) and quite a lot of cannon fodder (if maybe a kind of average power of your team is relevant, too).

• Options
    I can feel the pain.. After CG have "fixed" the retreat bug, now it's simply a matter of luck.. If you are lucky you don't have to fight vs lev 70 teams and you win, otherwise you lose..
    http://postimg.org/image/dr6mgm20d/ (i'm lev 65)
  • Options
    I've been having trouble with a 67 lvl team as well. Took me at least 1 restart and a sacrifice team. What is your team? By the sound of it you need more diversity. You can't expect to steamroll GW with 1 average team (since no details were given).
    Also it is hard but not impossible, your definition of hard is different than mine or others. I face same teams on GW, still my streak is 40+ and I can tell you it's not because I'm so lucky. Diversity, cooldown management and strategy comes into play and if you really want you can spend hours on trying every possible outcome. If you still don't succeed after that many attempt, the only conclusion is to build a stronger team (gearwise) and make more alternative squad.

When I faced Sid, Dooku, Leia, Poe and Phasma in GW today (lvl 68), I swapped to my B team: 7* Asajj, 7* Talia, 4* Daka, 6* NS Initiate and 7* Kylo Ren. They killed the entire team to my surprise and I "only" lost Daka and Talia in the process.
    You can't give us 0 details and expect us to help you in any way unless you are just trying to ventilate which is fine as well btw :)
    Seems forum is a place to vent nowadays.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Just a little advice guys, if you face à team like ben QGJ fotp.. Just put 5 lvl 1, IA don't make the différence and use all Spell, free win for ur main after ;).
    First Time i have to do this, i'm in top rank with 6 char 7* full gear 66 but today was very hard in gw (3rd fight with all 65 7*, i was like "**** for the last ??")
    I'm actually at my last battle and it's ok, maybe more you win gw more it's hard)
    Hope tha helped us and sorry for bad english
    Dark Lloyd (searching for server mate)
  • Options
    Since the update i have a 100% win chance. For my opinion its way easier, because u cant make any mistakes anymore. If someone dies, restart and try a new strategy.
    Before the update i had a 60-70% win chance to complete the whole tournament. If someone died u couldnt restart the game and u had one heroes less.
  • Options
    48 team against 56+ team is ****
  • shimsham
    101 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It sure seems these cases for many are happening a lot more frequently these days. I've maybe been lucky to avoid this (level 65 here) over time although today it seems I am getting some more difficult teams early on than usual. Well, not so much too difficult in terms of level/power/characters but when you throwing in the boosted AI proc rates it is a more difficult than it should be. I don't see myself completing the GW today which will end the streak since the update. Bummer.

All I know is there is no way something should be designed where people are facing far powerful teams early on or in the mid part of the mode. They shouldn't even face far powerful teams at the end.

Seems like if this becomes more common then GW is just going to turn into yet another mode designed for the whales at the expense of everyone else.
  • Options
    Ouch
  • Options
    a thought. There has been talk that GW is based on your performance in arena. Are you guys that are having trouble with premium teams, or level 70 teams ranked in the top 100 in arena? I ask this because i have been climbing in arena the last few days and have noticed the GW teams are the same rank, or higher then me. Sunday i faced a team that was 11 ranks below me in the first round. I was ranked around 250 that day. Today i climbed to rank 97 and faced a team the same rank as myself in round 1. it was a grind to complete today. it took me an hour and a half and I lost most of my bench team. I usually throw 1 team into the grinder at some point in GW and complete it in about 30 minutes.
  • Options
    I'm always in top 10 and never faced team 70 ... I don't think gw is based on arena rank
  • Options
    I have had the opposite experience. Since the last update, it has much easier to beat GW for me. I am level 60 and haven't had much issue the last week or so
  • Options
    I have had the opposite experience. Since the last update, it has much easier to beat GW for me. I am level 60 and haven't had much issue the last week or so

Same, last night the highest team I faced was level 65 (two levels down).
  • Options
    Looks like this is hitting me today as my fights from battle 5 to the 9th that I am on right now are as powerful or more powerful than my A team and I don't see how I'll beat this 9th fight so the streak is going to indeed end.

I guess my arena power level has hit a figure where the devs decided to have their app throw pay to winners at me. They must have got wind that GW was fair and somewhat easy to complete since the update for f2pers (and thus allow them to really build up their team) so they decided to change it up. Anything to further the gap between p2w and f2p I guess and try and get f2p players to start shelling out cash...
  • Options
    If you can't beat a gw it means your going about it all wrong. Don't be scared to lose a few good men. It's war sacrifices need to be made. There's always a team in the mid rounds that get too messy for just the a-team so I'll send in a sucicide squad too soften and make them use those pesky specials and heals. On the last few battles I'll use the jv squad and my taunt teams to soften them up again for the a-team.
    The a-team is phasma, lumi, jc, Sid, and either 5s, dooku, or Finn. I'll always sacrifice one of the last three if the the rest of the team needs it to remain strong. So I'll back out if it's the wrong toon dying.
    The jv team is Vader, res trooper, fotp, ig-86, and asaji. There all hear cause of either level or star rating being too low. But they will do their job and hurt that team that would dominate you otherwise.
    The sucicide squads a just any random toons I have sitting there. I level all my goons to 35-40 then at least some make it a few attacks before dying. This works best to hurt one toon but not Sid as he heals on death. But again making it much easier to get by a tougher team.
    The taunt squad is only used on the last two or three battles. Poe chewie talia and anyone left over from the jv and sucicide squads or an a-team member if need for dps.
    Remember you only need to have one freaking toon left to win(I did win once with just a Vader left) so make sacrifices when it's smart back out when you get a crappy start. Don't let your team be strung out at the end of battles. You guys can do it but you can't just push auto and hope. Use your brain and beat the puzzle. I have only f2p characters(dooku is free he just takes a bit) and a server that started day one. I fight level 70 after the fifth battle and was beating them at level 61. So quit whining make teams that work together.
  • Options
    I don't think it is set to arena. The changes turned me from a paying customer to a ftp, and from there to someone who doesn't bother to finish much any given day. Due to largely not giving a fat flying hoot my arena ranking has plummeted from 85 to 488. Last night I tried to like GW again and by the 4th box my level 63s were facing 64s. Wish it were so, but kinda doubt it.
  • Options
    Amazingly I was able to complete the GW today when it looked like the completion streak was going to end because of all the tough battles I had from battle 6 on. I was set to give up on the last battle but stuck with it trying out various combos.

AI had all level 65s of 7 star Sid, 7 star Lumi, 6 star Ren, 5 star Dooku, 6 or 7 star Ventress and all purple geared

I had left for the battle

63 7* Sid
    64 6* Lumi
    65 5* Poggle
    61 4* JC
    63 4* Fives

and all purple geared, most level 8 and Sid went into the battle with half health and Poggle about 1/4 health and Lumi about 3/4.

The usual lineup I go with has Sid leading but that wasn't working and the AI was getting a ridiculous amount of critical hits, the first time before retreating the AI had 10 criticals in 14 attacks.

Tried Lumi as leader and no real difference. Tried Fives and the defense perk is completely useless in this game.

I ended up after a bunch of line up combos and retreats having JC as the leader and this was the magic sauce as I was able to get off Poggle's ability, JC's heal, Lumi's heal all early enough on and not get critical hit on almost every attack and finished it with Fives and Sid remaining. I'm quite pleased it all worked out and I wasn't just wasting my time on a futile effort. Poggle was the key since his offense up is awesome and I was able to get rid of Lumi and Ventress fairly early which helped huge.

The AI Dooku was absolutely insane as it had a multi attack on almost every turn or counter and many critical hits in that. In one of my retreats, he did over 5k damage on a two hit counter and I'd gather his average per hit (including counters) damage was in the upper 2k range or at 3k. I have Dooku and like him (wish I didn't have to sacrifice him a few battles before this) but he is a bit ridiculous.

That was not an enjoyable GW at all given some of the blatant AI cheese I experienced but it is satisfying that I was able to complete it.
  • Options
    Eventually the gap between f2p and p2p will get wider and wider. The level cap will go up to 80 (and beyond) and the f2p players will find it VERY difficult to keep up with the pace. Your progress in farming gears will take alot longer etc; upgrading your characters to higher levels will cost more credits, do you see where I am coming from? The f2p then either leave the game or be content with playing in the lower league. For all you f2p players who are high in arena etc, enjoy it whilst you can because sooner or later you are going to drop fast.

Yep. As a 100% f2p user, I have realized that early on and any f2p who doesn't realize are in for a rude awakening. It's clear that as time goes by it is going to keep widening the gap and shifting more to accommodate the whales and higher spenders. I say higher spenders because even the minimal and moderates are going to be left behind based on the path it seems things are going.

Any f2p player should be aware that they are going to hit a ceiling and will either have to accept that, turn into a pay to win player (IMO, dumb to do that as why be forced to keep having to pay just to get somewhere in an app) or just quit. This is especially true for arena and how it makes more sense for f2p players to focus on building a solid all around roster for GW than just focusing on arena.

Been playing since Dec 3 and I hit 34 in arena yesterday (usually in the 45-75 range) but it is clear me doing that well is going to end soon as teams around me are increasing in power a lot more than me since they seem to be focusing on just maxing out their arena team while Im building an overall roster. Plus, I think many around me are people who have dropped cash.

I'd consider giving them some cash if issues in the app get fixed. That the AI can get 10 critical hits on its first 14 attacks (almost every battle the AI gets more critical hits than me regardless of characters and level and all that jazz...it's simply not random) is a good example of one of those issues.

• Options
    Hey guys..

So, I'm just level 46, and in GW I'm facing teams that are 5-6 star level 56 at battle 6.. what is going on??

Yesterday, or the day before, it was way different. I would face guys a few levels above me at the last couple of battles... This is almost making me want to quit playing, if my progression is stunted this badly..
  • Options
    Mine was really hard today too, kept fighting same level 7* stars allthrought the map, ended up barely making it with alot of luck with the last 2 battles being the easiest of the run and clearing those last 2 battles with my remaining B-team heavily underleveled and under starred