Live Stream - Look what happens!

Stormy
951 posts Member
edited December 2016
Not my live stream- but an interesting one to share!

Edit: ToS
Post edited by J0K3R on

Replies

• Options
    It's crazy how some people still dont want to believe this is happening.
  • Options
    Stormy wrote: »

https://www.twitch.tv/dbofficial125/v/109206119

Yeah... only collusion and exploits are appropriate ways to cheat, as you have shown us.
  • Options

Yeah... only collusion and exploits are appropriate ways to cheat, as you have shown us.

Are you really going to compare a guild using a loophole they found that is useable by anyone to a straight up hacker breaking the game?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Are you really going to compare a guild using a loophole they found that is useable by anyone to a straight up hacker breaking the game?

You don't have to be a hacker to cheat as shown in that stream. Only need to know how to use Google.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

You don't have to be a hacker to cheat as shown in that stream. Only need to know how to use Google.

same thing ;)
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Usable by anyone but not an ingame feature = exploit... Allowed exploit by devs = Ok. As is the hacked UI's peeps are using to own tourneys? No one has said Don't do it yet so guess it's ok? Did i miss a memo? They are defo trying to deter this behaviour though. :smiley:
  • Mr_Eel
    124 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I reported someone in my old guild for this exact exploit about 3 months ago. No response. I have also fought against level 40 teams in the level 85 tourney bracket multiple times because the dude had the 85 player level but no squad that high.

I think the solution is simple: separate the platforms. I am tired of playing against cheaters. Put iOS against iOS. Android vs. Android. Google doesn't police their apps, so hackers have a field day. I have no idea why EA/CG isn't doing server-side validation, but at the very least, that much needs to happen immediately. It's not a hard fix.
  • Options
    Mr_Eel wrote: »
    I reported someone in my old guild for this exact exploit about 3 months ago. No response. I have also fought against level 40 teams in the level 85 tourney bracket multiple times because the dude had the 85 player level but no squad that high.

I think the solution is simple: separate the platforms. I am tired of playing against cheaters. Put iOS against iOS. Android vs. Android. Google doesn't police their apps, so hackers have a field day. I have no idea why EA/CG isn't doing server-side validation, but at the very least, that much needs to happen immediately. It's not a hard fix.

You reported a guildy? What a swell guy you are.

And the idea you came up with is awful.
  • Options
    Team instinct could give everyone $100, but low and behold, you can bet your **** people would be like ...."we disirve dis Moneyz becuz dey used a few exploitz bck in da day, u kno da same 1 a ton of other ppl used, but we 4got dem we just hate dis teem."

• Options
    Team instinct could give everyone $100, but low and behold, you can bet your **** people would be like ...."we disirve dis Moneyz becuz dey used a few exploitz bck in da day, u kno da same 1 a ton of other ppl used, but we 4got dem we just hate dis teem."

LMAO - cheers
  • Options

No idea who you're even directing this comment towards....

But the difference between Team Instinct and the other guilds that used this is that TI has the audacity to send out this pathetic PSA to tell people about an exploit. They're hypocrital and self-righteous and it's aggravating to see this crap all the time.
  • Options

No idea who you're even directing this comment towards....

But the difference between Team Instinct and the other guilds that used this is that TI has the audacity to send out this pathetic PSA to tell people about an exploit. They're hypocrital and self-righteous and it's aggravating to see this **** all the time.

If you compare the confirmed exploits they used vs. completely hacking the game, and say it's on the same level then you are delusional.
  • Options
    No ones asked for anything, just pointing out the only people allowed to express public outrage about THIS incident were the same ones who SUPPRESSED the public outrage when it was them benefitting from the same "loopholes". It's not an attack, just a reminder of how an open forum where people are allowed to express their concerns and complaints without being suppressed would help the devs to focus more on fixing the real issues with the game. I know these topics are a real tough number for the mods on the forum but if the devs had taken the hardline before, it would of made their job alot easier now. Also for those who used loopholes in the past to gain an unfair advantage, you can hardly moan at other people for doing the same.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    This is hilarious that a member of a respected guild posted a video rather than just posting the LucifersDaddy.

Serious attention seeking.
  • Options
    Lmao, ok let's just not worry about this at all. Since "they" (1 single member...Stormy) are the ones who are trying to bring attention to it, this subject has been made irrelevant.

Just know when that scrubby g8 teebo squad invades your shard and starts squashing you at payout everyday, no one cares.
  • Options
    I don't get it. I feel sorry that this is going on and I hope the devs can sort out a way to beat the loopholes. I'm glad someone is allowed to lead this witch hunt unhindered, although stormy doing it will just lead to people flaming at the hypocrisy. I do appreciate what your doing here though stormy.
  • Options
    A guy showed up in my arena shard last week running all the new rebels maxed in every way. My shard mates and I checked his roster and found a 7 star maxed Kenobi as well as roughly 60 other maxed characters. His profile showed that he had completed only 59 raids....

A shard mate of mine then reported him and he was almost immediately banned, had his kenobi and cassian stripped from the account and his arena team was left with 4 guys instead of 5 so he fell right off from the leaderboard.

Just a positive experience I've personally had that I though id share.
  • Options
    I don't get it. I feel sorry that this is going on and I hope the devs can sort out a way to beat the loopholes. I'm glad someone is allowed to lead this witch hunt unhindered, although stormy doing it will just lead to people flaming at the hypocrisy. I do appreciate what your doing here though stormy.

He's just doing PR because his image and the image of his guild is tarnished.

Not sure why he really cares, though... it's a mobile game...
  • Options
    Mr_Eel wrote: »

You reported a guildy? What a swell guy you are.

And the idea you came up with is awful.

The hacker was the guild leader. I was only a member long enough to see what was going on and report it.

Let me guess: you hack. Other than pure foolishness, I don't see how your opinion is justifiable otherwise. If you're going to attack someone's opinion, at least explain why you're against it. Not that I enjoy arguing with ****, but at least make an effort instead of trolling.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Its an interesting issue, what if you found out that your guild member is exploiting / cheating in the game? Would you expose him? Report him?

honestly... I'm trying to think of what i'd do in that position... I think I'd tell the guy to stop cheating and play the game straight and its not right to continue doing what he's doing.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

Stormy shares a video about the game and an issue that needs to be addressed and everyone jumps on him
    People share their own youtube videos of playing the game and that's ok :/
  • Options
    Qui Gon Jin once said "There is always a bigger fish." In this case there is always a bigger cheater, right Stormy?
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Stormy shares a video about the game and an issue that needs to be addressed and everyone jumps on him
    People share their own youtube videos of playing the game and that's ok :/

It's the fact that he's one of the most notorious cheaters in this game.

Listen, I can see how I look like a **** for trashing this guy for trying to help everyone. But it's not coming from a good place. He's just trying to point out other people's exploits to distract from the fact that he has done similar things. He hasn't earned the right to be self-righteous.
  • Options
    Can I just point out that it's a tier IV..And that we are supposed to trust the YouTuber that says it has only been one day?

Do I believe cheats happen yes. Is this guy cheating probably...But without proof of how long the raid was it would be hard to tell..For instance my alt is a level 64 but has done nearly 3 million dmg in normal tank...But have attacked it for weeks now...

Stormy I think you coming from a good place but your sometimes borderline arrogant bragging post from the past is making this hard for a lot of people to swallow coming from you as they see it as an opportunity to come at you.

FYI I'm sure if you look hard enough and know what your doing cheating on iOS is possible as well.
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    C3pain0 wrote: »
    Can I just point out that it's a tier IV..And that we are supposed to trust the YouTuber that says it has only been one day?

Do I believe cheats happen yes. Is this guy cheating probably...But without proof of how long the raid was it would be hard to tell..For instance my alt is a level 64 but has done nearly 3 million dmg in normal tank...But have attacked it for weeks now...

Stormy I think you coming from a good place but your sometimes borderline arrogant bragging post from the past is making this hard for a lot of people to swallow coming from you as they see it as an opportunity to come at you.

FYI I'm sure if you look hard enough and know what your doing cheating on iOS is possible as well.

Much harder on iOS. Jail breaks and old software are rare, comparatively speaking.

Good point out about the tier and the longevity of the raid- I had not considered that, however, I'm more likely to believe it's an authentic concern.

Nonetheless, It's a good example of what to "look for."
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Guys, while we are aware that this concerns everyone, we do not discuss exploits and cheating. CG doesnt tolerate ANY cheating. So please, do not start these threads and just report the person to CG_LucifersDaddy
    Post edited by J0K3R on
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
This discussion has been closed.