Going Rogue?

Does anyone know why the Going Rogue event is cancelled?

Replies

• Half the players couldn't use the ship. Made no sense.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    There are 2 main theories, nothing official. Take your pick
    1. Not everyone had access to the pilots
    2. Cheating has gotten worse with every "tournament" and EA/CG wants some time to try and block it before the next "tournament"

Also note, the reference to the reappearance of Jyn "tournament" that was going to be January 9th has also been removed. So no "tournaments" are currently on the schedule.

This makes me think it is the cheating that has caused the postponement.
  • The Vader Tie tourney is still there, it could also be that the tourneys are handing out too many goodies and people arent putting in enough resources to win.
  • Dev team too busy fixing Teebo.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »
    There are 2 main theories, nothing official. Take your pick
    1. Not everyone had access to the pilots
    2. Cheating has gotten worse with every "tournament" and EA/CG wants some time to try and block it before the next "tournament"

Also note, the reference to the reappearance of Jyn "tournament" that was going to be January 9th has also been removed. So no "tournaments" are currently on the schedule.

This makes me think it is the cheating that has caused the postponement.

Have to agree with scuba, not having k2 could be part of it but honestly more people probably didn't end up with an unlocked cassian
  • Dev team too busy fixing Teebo.

:'( If only that were actually true
  • I think it is a general tournament reason and nothing to do with k2. Could be declining participation, too many in a short period of time or cheating issues.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    whatever the reason is, I think it was a good choice to cancel it ;)
  • I think it was a combination of things - the uproar about K2 and the cheating. I've never seen cheating on my shard, but there were a lot of posts about it during the Cassian tournament. There might even be a chance that they realized that a lot of people just don't like tournaments - count me among them. I hated that I did the grind on Shoretrooper only to see him go chromium. I have Chirrut 3* and Cassian 4*, but right now there's no way to finish them.
  • I agree that it really does not matter why they cancelled it. I just hope the resources they were using in making tournaments gets used on making new better content and not trying to fix the problems that exist in tournaments as there are a number of problems and too much time has passed for them to be able to fix them in a way that most of the player base will like.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It's back?

But now it's after the pack expires....hhhmmmm
  • Nack_Alfaghn
    593 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I am unsure if its back, it may be showing as an upcomming event but they have not mentioned much on why they cancelled Going Rogue. If it was a reason specific to Going Rogue such as the crew requirements then would Vaders ship not be the next up coming tournament?

There is no guarantee that the Jyn tournament won't also be cancelled. All depends on the reason for the cancellation and what they are doing with said reason.