Strange EP issue? He cannot kill anyone

Darksteel
45 posts Member
edited December 2016
So, since unlocking my 7* Palp and gearing him up to IX, I decided to try him out in GW. I have noticed he cannot/does not deal fatal damage to anybody, and I'm not talking about his unique end-of-turn damage ability. I have used both his special and his basic on an enemy with a tiny sliver of health left, and neither ability will kill it, even though Palp is doing more than enough damage. This has happened upwards of 20 times. He has not once been able to kill a character. Any input on this?

Replies

• scuba
    14043 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I have not. He killed plenty today in GW for me. Did they dodge? Then can dodge the attack and loose health because of crackling doom

Sometimes it can be hard to see

Here he is killing someone with his basic

https://youtu.be/m4DGx25C8V0

https://youtu.be/dW6t9Snbslk
  • I have noticed this when I borrowed a hero. But I just got mine and he's only Gear 8 so haven't used him yet to try again
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Probably got nerfed because everyone and their kid brothers have him now.
  • E00N
    147 posts Member
    My palp and his basic in nice killer. I dont know what is your problem ") His basic is clasifield as special and have top 1 power ingame :)
  • His basic deals damage, then his unique deals extra damage, but it cannot kill, I've had the entire other team at 0 health but not dead untill an AOE or another character could kill them.
  • I have seen this happen before. Probably a bug!
  • He can kill people certainly. It seems like they have to be at one health first though although I know that isn't the case.
  • Zach325
    91 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    His basic does damage and then his unique does damage. If you take the time to actually read his abilities you would see that this unique damage can't kill the person and that's why you will see characters living in next to no health frequently.
  • Zach325 wrote: »
    His basic does damage and then his unique does damage. If you take the time to actually read his abilities you would see that this unique damage can't kill the person and that's why you will see characters living in next to no health frequently.

I am aware of that. If you take the time to actually read my post, you would see I mentioned that. I'm talking about a toon that has like 1000hp left, EP crits him for 5800+ with either his basic or special, and the toon still lives.
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    Darksteel wrote: »
    Zach325 wrote: »

I am aware of that. If you take the time to actually read my post, you would see I mentioned that. I'm talking about a toon that has like 1000hp left, EP crits him for 5800+ with either his basic or special, and the toon still lives.

Based on you saying he is crit hitting for 5800+ that is pretty weak for his basic attack. Not sure of his special damage you have for him at your current gear level, ability level and mods but I would expect closer to 10k crits on basic.

So if that is what you are seeing on his basic attack what is most likely happening is that his basic attack was deflected (dodge) and the 5800 was his crackling doom damage which landed but as you know cannot kill. See my 2nd video above his crackling doom did 4122 crit damage on Luminara.

All the numbers can actually pop up pretty quick for his basic and the cracking doom.
  • He is not well-modded yet and only gear IX. His Special damage is currently at 3466, I just checked.
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    Darksteel wrote: »
    He is not well-modded yet and only gear IX. His Special damage is currently at 3466, I just checked.

Well then 5800 seems about right for crit basic.
    Assuming no crit damage mods and average 25% resistance.
    3466*1.451*1.5*0.75=5657 crit on basic.

Thought I had an answer for you.
  • I'll keep testing it out when GW resets. Maybe I can figure out how to take video of it on my phone
  • Darksteel wrote: »
    I'll keep testing it out when GW resets. Maybe I can figure out how to take video of it on my phone

If iOS you'll need a Mac. Otherwise, just take another phone or tablet and film what you're referring to. It's hokey, but it'll work.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • I've been seeing a lot of characters on my team and the opposing team with what looks like no health but still living. I don't think it's been restricted to Palpatine's attacks. But I've certainly seen Palpatine kill with his basic, his AOE, and his health steal. All three skills have killed people. But something weird seems to be going on with people looking like they have no health and still living.
  • A couple of people have the issue where he is faster than others in speed but goes last in arena
  • Mine kills easily enough, haven't noticed an issue.
  • Palp does his basic damage, then does his crackling doom. If the basic damage does not kill the enemy, then that enemy will remain alive due to crackling doom not being fatal. Although I consider this a good thing as it allows me to leave enemies at 1hp for extra tm gain, and then kill them with Aoe or a weak attack just before they get their turn. Same goes with Palps Aoe and health drain, it happens before crackling doom.
  • Parableman wrote: »
    I've been seeing a lot of characters on my team and the opposing team with what looks like no health but still living. I don't think it's been restricted to Palpatine's attacks. But I've certainly seen Palpatine kill with his basic, his AOE, and his health steal. All three skills have killed people. But something weird seems to be going on with people looking like they have no health and still living.

Since the 12/20/16 update, I have noticed that I can take opposing characters down in GW to empty health bars and they still live. I have been having a hard time believing that I keep leaving 1 or 2 hp on an opposing toon. Fortunately, most of them have also had a dot on them so the die before they can take their turns.