Poor Luminara!

Prev1
This is my Luminara today:
aWWCNCB.jpg
... which is in no way different to how she was 6 months ago.

But I distinctly remember looking at that Omega on her Master Healer's Blessing heal ability and thinking "that has to be where my first Omega goes!", and similarly, earmarking my very first Furnace to bring her to gear level 9.
She was, at that time, the lifeline of my GW team (and might even have been on my Arena), she saved the day with her very much needed heals about every day.

Then some update came along, and the much awaited Omega and Furnace were claimed by someone else (probably Qui Gon Jinn or Rey), and more Omegas, Furnaces, droids, levels, credits, mods all went to someone else as Luminara, regressing from "critical" to "good enough" to "not good enough", not only stepped down of the GW team, but also of any possible other team.

She's just as much glued on my bench as someone like Mob Enforcer or Urorrur are, but given she was so critical at a time, I miss her in active service now. Similarly benched toons, such as Resistance Trooper, found a second life as a pilot now.
☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/

Replies

• RIP Lumi.
  • Poor lumi. Like the 8th grader who peaked so early to find themselves a part of the varsity team only to ride the bench their junior/senior year!

There's always the stories of glory days pre level 80! Hang tough lumi.
  • Lumi still heads my GW team..for the first few nodes at least.
  • I actually geared her past 9 a few weeks ago. She was part of my all time high phase 1 aat heroic score.
    Aayla/anakin/yoda/qgj/lumi
    Aayla leader let me gain passive health from the debuffs of grievous. And lumi comes in at a perfect time to heal my squad once most are in yellow, after anakin already got so many offense up free turns. She is actually fun to use and don't use her at all either, just a few times in aat raid.
    She was my gw hero months ago as well.
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    Looks like you have a furnace available for her...Show her some love never know what will change down the line.

Barriss was pretty neglected on my bench now she is g11 and helps greatly on my tank raid team.
  • Still an awesome toon for quite a long time. I'm lvl 70 and she's still a vital member of almost every aspect of the game (working on Wedge right now, so she shifted out of GW because the rebels can heal themselves :P). Still very necessary in Arena since I'm not a first class citizen (aka ios user who got Wedge way earlier-and yeah I say that despite the whole war going on right now with Android vs ios). I'm fully aware that I won't need her that much longer.

What I'm trying to say is, I think it's cool when a toon is really good for quite a while and only loses relevance once endgame is reached. Don't you think?
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    Still an awesome toon for quite a long time. I'm lvl 70 and she's still a vital member of almost every aspect of the game (working on Wedge right now, so she shifted out of GW because the rebels can heal themselves :P). Still very necessary in Arena since I'm not a first class citizen (aka ios user who got Wedge way earlier-and yeah I say that despite the whole war going on right now with Android vs ios). I'm fully aware that I won't need her that much longer.

What I'm trying to say is, I think it's cool when a toon is really good for quite a while and only loses relevance once endgame is reached. Don't you think?

I also think it is cool when they gain relevance again. Many are using bariss now in tank raid. I even see a sid back on my leaderboard.
  • Unimatrix010
    483 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    scuba wrote: »
    Still an awesome toon for quite a long time. I'm lvl 70 and she's still a vital member of almost every aspect of the game (working on Wedge right now, so she shifted out of GW because the rebels can heal themselves :P). Still very necessary in Arena since I'm not a first class citizen (aka ios user who got Wedge way earlier-and yeah I say that despite the whole war going on right now with Android vs ios). I'm fully aware that I won't need her that much longer.

I also think it is cool when they gain relevance again. Many are using bariss now in tank raid. I even see a sid back on my leaderboard.

Oh! Even better if that's the case! Power to the healers ^^
  • Lumi and Sid were beasts early on, everyone pretty much used them

To the old days! Barris, Poe, droids, Poggle Lumi, Sid, Phasma, Phasma, QGJ, Rey, Dancing Dooku, Old Ben

Wooooooo
  • Lumi's lead is probably the most annoying one I face in gw... that dogde she gives is bugged for sure.
    I think Old ben wasn't as bad... lol
  • She's like Woody in Toy Story when Andy goes to college. The old toy that you don't play with anymore but you can remember when she was your best friend in the game.
  • Malthael wrote: »
    Lumi's lead is probably the most annoying one I face in gw... that dogde she gives is bugged for sure.
    I think Old ben wasn't as bad... lol

Oh yeah in the hands of the ai that is indeed infuriating. I think I had several fights where two full rounds of attacks plus assists were dodged. That usually only happens to my alt account - full Jedi squad - when I try to kill sid.
  • Folks still use her. I tracked folks I faced in 10 galactic wars and she was the most common character faced. The page is in the other room and I don't want to get it, but I faced a minimum of 40 Luminaras throughout 120 battles, in early, mid, and late nodes. Like, there are definitely characters you see in the first 4-5 nodes but not the last 9-12; and folks you see in the later nodes but not earlier. Luminara's all over the place.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Here's mine.

IMG_8190.pngimage hoster
  • She crits nicely in the AAT raid.. she's a second string Jedi, but still useful.. I will admit that I raided her best mods..
  • Holio wrote: »
    She crits nicely in the AAT raid.. she's a second string Jedi, but still useful.. I will admit that I raided her best mods..
    Critting against the AAT is nice, but I think her best benefit to jedi teams is that she can throw up another buff that lasts a while--definitely useful in phase 4 when the topple is about to end. Yeah, Yoda can do it, too, but it's a looong cooldown, and the better your team is, the shorter the time between topples.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Folks still use her. I tracked folks I faced in 10 galactic wars and she was the most common character faced. The page is in the other room and I don't want to get it, but I faced a minimum of 40 Luminaras throughout 120 battles, in early, mid, and late nodes. Like, there are definitely characters you see in the first 4-5 nodes but not the last 9-12; and folks you see in the later nodes but not earlier. Luminara's all over the place.

UPDATE: Found my sheet and--oh boy--I underestimated. I faced 76 Luminaras across 10 Galactic Wars. That's 63% of fights. So, yeah, point being that a lot of folks are still using her. Come to that, she's in what used to be my main arena team, and is now my Galactic War A/B team. (My droids are stronger, so they're my A team, but they often can't finish the last node while Luminara's team can beat it no problem because it's built for longer fights.)
  • I use Lumi in GW, mainly for the heal. Don't know how to add images on here but mine is 8950 power, all 5 dot health mods, all abilities maxed except the leader Zeta, gear level X.
  • She is great early and Mid game but in end game high ranking Arena play she doesnt fit at all. She is decent still though Maybe they will give her a ship with multiple other Jedi that can be a support type ship.
  • Personally I like seeing Luminara as the enemy lead in GW... because my EP lead cancels out all of her evasion, and his shocks can completely negate her heals. EP Lead vs any Jedi or Rebel = They will never evade unless they have foresight
  • I have seen lumi lead teams of jedi where 4 of 5 dodged my lando aoe attack. The one that hit was not critical.
  • Same here OP. Along with QuiGon she was my top 2 Jedis, I always levelled them.
    Now she is so useless.
    - Good damage but weak compared to a solid DPS.
    - Heal? Weaker than barriss and doesnt heal allies with heal immunity inflicted, and anyway if you waste turn on a heal, other team can wreck you.
    - Ability block on a single enemy. Whats the use when tons of characters can do that on an entire squad.
  • Protection update killed Lumi. Made her heal basically useless. I do remember her saving my arena team with that big heal to full life many times. She also looks really cool and has great animations.

RIP lumi
  • scuba wrote: »
    Looks like you have a furnace available for her...Show her some love never know what will change down the line.

Barriss was pretty neglected on my bench now she is g11 and helps greatly on my tank raid team.

@scuba True, but I also have a long queue of other toons competing for that Furnace, e.g. Ahsoka (now at the exact same levels as Lumi), who was in the nursery for a long time, until her ship became actually quite useful and now she's likely to get the Furnace before Lumi, since I actually have her active somewhere.

Or that other opportunist, Tie Fighter Pilot, who also wants the same Furnace, and is much more promising than Lumi right now... The endless list of such opportunists who jumped the queue and got their Furnaces (Han, droids,...) is exactly why Lumi is still there...

• What I'm trying to say is, I think it's cool when a toon is really good for quite a while and only loses relevance once endgame is reached. Don't you think?

@Unimatrix010 Yes, but some managed to somehow remain relevant longer than others. I remember the toons I developed right after her were the Old Ben clique: Royal Guard, Qui Gon Jinn, Phasma, and later Rey and Stormtrooper Han... All of them still see action somewhere. Actually no later than today, I borrowed good old Royal Guard in an Arena match (and won :-) as a replacement for my newer-better Shoretrooper (except I didn't need a taunt at start, I needed a taunt when things go dire, i.e. not against a Wiggs team).

IG-86 is as old as Lumi, and still very much used by some hardcore droids players, or myself in various events and Raids.

There are some toons whose fate was much worse than hers though, as I somewhat half-developed them and barely used them, before they fell into oblivion: Talia (was probably the back bone of my very first Arena team, she's now still waiting for her 6th star), Chewbacca (10 shards away from 7stars for ages...), FO Stormtrooper (abandoned him somewhere after 5th star), URrorrror (got him as a full drop from a Bronzium or so very early on, thought he was great, gave him some gear and credits, and he helped me clear his challenge every day, stunning mean Savage to save the day... Challenges became a sim, and I never used him again. He's blocked on a Holo Projector Mk3, that's how much I care now), Sidious, Eeth Koth (cleared the Yoda challenge and retired after that), some more recent failed experiments such as Nightsister Initiate...
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Folks still use her. I tracked folks I faced in 10 galactic wars and she was the most common character faced.

@NicWester Yes I see her a lot in the lower nodes of GW, together with Chewie, Sidious (how I used to hate him in GW!) and... Eeth Koth. But I don't think these are actual players teams, or maybe a long, long time ago (Eeth Koth??). The teams you face at node 6, 9 and 11 are definitely recent Arena teams.
  • Lumi can still be useful in GW but she is pretty much useless in the Arena. My first impression of her was she was the best toon in the game and I even had her in my Arena team, but once I realized that she is getting useless on my team, I decided to not use her. However, if you use her in GW, she'll never let you down.
  • Well considering back in the day when healing was useful she was good but now churrit is a better healer than barris and lumi which they specialize in on top of being an attacker,cleanser so why would u need them
  • I actually wasted gear on her. Took her to gear 10 :-(
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Well considering back in the day when healing was useful she was good but now churrit is a better healer than barris and lumi which they specialize in on top of being an attacker,cleanser so why would u need them

A zeta Barriss just showed her face on my leaderboard really annoying....