Chirrut and Baze "Chaze", are way OP. Nerf for the sanity of the game.

Prev1
The fact that 2 understarred toons can take out a 5 man maxed meta squad is the definition of unbalanced. I get it you're trying to push new movie toons. But this is beyond absurd and unbalanced. It needs changed

Replies

• WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Always with the nerf posts when new toons come out... they're beatable, it's just not easy... at all. But it can be done, and there will be more toons coming that'll balance it further. Such is the nature of a power creep
  • Don't nerf them, just buff the 85 other toons that have become useless in the last 3 months. Which sounds easier to do?
  • Just wait for Jyn and Cassian....
  • Always with the nerf posts when new toons come out... they're beatable, it's just not easy... at all. But it can be done, and there will be more toons coming that'll balance it further. Such is the nature of a power creep

Don't be ignorant. Did you not see the video of JUST chirrut and baze start an arena match 2v5 against a maxed empire meta and win? That isn't balance.
  • Always with the nerf posts when new toons come out... they're beatable, it's just not easy... at all. But it can be done, and there will be more toons coming that'll balance it further. Such is the nature of a power creep

I'm not saying I can't beat them because I can. That isn't the point.
  • Just use B2 and auto. B2 owns them.
  • Just use B2 and auto. B2 owns them.

See above two comments.
  • No nerf needed. If you nerf them, nerf Wiggs, nerf Rexfac, nerf EP-TF and nerf the whales.
  • Boba Fett salivates at the prospect of enemies each having a dozen HoTs.
  • Today was the first time I face : wedge biggs chirrut baze lando all 7 stars. First time I aggree that those 2 guys 7 stars maxed are really op.

I play EP shore vader boba tfp and thanks turn metter advantage and 3 stun at first round I win with a finish baze / vader.

I was Lucky to one shot chirrut but if you can't every counter attack bring him back to full life...

Yai some People will say just play b2 (people who never face them)... but there are really op and deserve a nerf.

• Oh no! 2v5 and they lost? Wonder what happens when they actually have teammates? Still pretty **** overpowered. Sure B2 and Boba are probably the two best characters for stopping Chaze, but they're still just too powerful. I'm not saying I don't think they're cool, but they perform slightly too well for two characters
    that died in the only movie they've been in.
    Baze honestly isn't that bad by himself, however, having two uniques on both of them is a little absurd. You shouldn't have two uniques it doesn't make sense. Both of these characters cover all aspects of the game. Chirrut has very high damage, high speed, can cleanse, can heal, can counterattack and health steal. Baze auto-taunts, has massive hp+protection, counter attacks, dispels all, dispels single target with high damage and also applies debuffs. Add to that the fact that they call to assist eachother over and over again. Biggs can call wedge to assist, but never can wedge call Biggs. Wiggs is good synergy, this is overpowered synergy. The only thing they don't have is a leader ability, which means you can throw them into literally any team combo you want.
  • The Top 1 in my arena has a rebel line up of wedge (L), Biggs, Baze, Chirrut 5*, and EP.

No one has beaten him in weeks. He is essentially stuck there, getting crystals. Unchallenged. He's the biggest whale in my server.

Not complaining though. This game is pay to win. As long as I can snipe 5th to 3rd on a good day with my free toons, I think it's fine. =D
  • Boba Fett salivates at the prospect of enemies each having a dozen HoTs.

This.

Execute them into oblivion
  • An empire team without B2 is not an empire team, and this is the meta of mods, elite mods vs trash mods = the difference between g11 and g9.
  • Tamonizer wrote: »
    The Top 1 in my arena has a rebel line up of wedge (L), Biggs, Baze, Chirrut 5*, and EP.

No one has beaten him in weeks. He is essentially stuck there, getting crystals. Unchallenged. He's the biggest whale in my server.

Not complaining though. This game is pay to win. As long as I can snipe 5th to 3rd on a good day with my free toons, I think it's fine. =D
    What speed for each? I can beat a same line up on my shard every day with boba (L), wiggs, baze and b2. Boba is a good counter toon for chirrut and EP, seriouly
  • is the power of love
  • Vertigo wrote: »

Oh no! 2v5 and they lost? Wonder what happens when they actually have teammates? Still pretty **** overpowered. Sure B2 and Boba are probably the two best characters for stopping Chaze, but they're still just too powerful. I'm not saying I don't think they're cool, but they perform slightly too well for two characters
    that died in the only movie they've been in.
    Baze honestly isn't that bad by himself, however, having two uniques on both of them is a little absurd. You shouldn't have two uniques it doesn't make sense. Both of these characters cover all aspects of the game. Chirrut has very high damage, high speed, can cleanse, can heal, can counterattack and health steal. Baze auto-taunts, has massive hp+protection, counter attacks, dispels all, dispels single target with high damage and also applies debuffs. Add to that the fact that they call to assist eachother over and over again. Biggs can call wedge to assist, but never can wedge call Biggs. Wiggs is good synergy, this is overpowered synergy. The only thing they don't have is a leader ability, which means you can throw them into literally any team combo you want.

Like I said, this team I faced in the video was able to defeat my teams with C&B on a daily basis.

They are powerful characters, with really strong synergy, but you are saying like they are unbeatable. The difference between Wiggs and Chaze, is that Wiggs HAD no direct counter. 45 speed at the start of battle with crazy amount of damage through triple assists, the only way to deal with this was to have way better mods to out-speed those two. It was a time where you NEEDED Wiggs to counter Wiggs. They had to release characters with pre-taunts to deal with Wiggs, that's how bad they were. And to this day, they remain two of the strongest characters in the game with 0 direct counter to what they do.

With all these strength you mentioned about Chaze, there are multiple ways to shut them down: Buff Immunity, Healing Immunity, and dispel, and you can do it with only farmable characters. What I am seeing here, is a failure to adapt, to adjust to your team to beat the opponent's. And by no means am I taking a shot at players who can't. It's difficult to develop new characters and get them ready for arena, and why I suggested, should be taken into consideration when introducing characters with new mechanics.

Some confounding variables might be contributing to Chaze's perceived OPness as well. The owners of these 2 characters are likely whales, who presumably with much better mods than regular players, which we all know is a huge factor in pvp.
  • Ghaiks wrote: »
    Boba Fett salivates at the prospect of enemies each having a dozen HoTs.

This.

Execute them into oblivion

I believe that doesn't work any more, they nerfed boba fairly stealthily and he does 30% more damage (or it was supposed to be changed to 40) for each different status effect, so all the HoTs just count once.

I haven't tested it though
    An empire team without B2 is not an empire team, and this is the meta of mods, elite mods vs trash mods = the difference between g11 and g9.

Mods, gear and character meta, mods aren't all that it matters to acquire
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited December 2016

With teammates they are way to OP. Ofc you would lose to a B2 + bobakin team when you are 2v5...

Its just the fact that you can be able to defeat others with 2v5.... It makes the game feel lame.
  • No, no griping or whinning allowed. You go home now, you go home and cry into pillow not here, not here. You go now!
  • Cardiff0 wrote: »

I believe that doesn't work any more, they nerfed boba fairly stealthily and he does 30% more damage (or it was supposed to be changed to 40) for each different status effect, so all the HoTs just count once.

I haven't tested it though

That's a shame, I had no idea that was done. Thankfully I don't have Baze and Chirrut in my shard yet so I can't test it myself.

• Just add deathtrooper and make him ignore taunts and have it so he deals 30% damage for each buffed enemy (the opposite to TFP). Nothing chaze will be able to do against that.

Or make deathtrooper inflict a non-dispellable death mark on his special (it suits his name) Bye bye Baze and no revive 4 u.

Or both.
  • Noone forbids you to get baze.
    Noone forbids to save ap for next chirrut tournament.
    I am doing both. Its better to act then to whine for nerf
  • An empire team without B2 is not an empire team, and this is the meta of mods, elite mods vs trash mods = the difference between g11 and g9.

B2 isn't Empire, he's Separatist. Just saying.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    An empire team without B2 is not an empire team, and this is the meta of mods, elite mods vs trash mods = the difference between g11 and g9.

B2 isn't Empire, he's Separatist. Just saying.

Yea, B2 in a empire team is not a empire team! -.-
  • Dyakoff wrote: »
    Noone forbids you to get baze.

I think the thousand+ dollar paywall forbids a lot of people from getting baze but nice try
  • Dyakoff wrote: »

I think the thousand+ dollar paywall forbids a lot of people from getting baze but nice try

He was in the shard shop forever. I cashed in a bit of arena and Cantina currency and got him to 4*.

No paywall for him.
  • Brodaisback
    114 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Dyakoff wrote: »

He was in the shard shop forever. I cashed in a bit of arena and Cantina currency and got him to 4*.

No paywall for him.

Oh so you're able to get him past 4* now without spending? Interesting. 4* isn't good enough for some people. And he was in the shard shop for a month. Gone now
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Dyakoff wrote: »

No paywall for him.

Oh so you're able to get him past 4* now without spending? Interesting. 4* isn't good enough for some people. And he was in the shard shop for a month. Gone now

Baze can be powerful at 3* with maxed gear and mods..

He is a tank.
This discussion has been closed.