Regardless of current standing, Asajj was once and should now be, Sith!

Prev1
I know there have been many debates, many examples of who is what, when and why, but the fact is Asajj was once and should now be, labeled a Sith I'm SWGOH. Especially if Darth Maul can defect and just name his brother a Sith apprentice and declare himself a Sith Master. It would open her up to more teams and she'd see much more play, especially with her rework.

Any and all comments welcomed, but try to keep it to support of this idea, any Dev comments would be great too as to why she is not but others are when they technically shouldn't be, etc. Cuz if we're gona get technical for her, then we should for everyone, but making her Sith just seems right and would make alot more players happy vs not happy, much more.

@CG_Kozispoon
@CG_CapGaSP
@the team behind char dev/designations

Thx :)

Replies

• I don't think so, she was trained by Dookan and he was the apprentice of palp, and the rule of two of darth bane implies that neither Asajj nor savage were sith, because of that. She was a nightsister with strong relations with the force, not a sith, in my opinion.
  • And that is why I brought up Savage, he is labeled a Sith ...I just want it fair if we're gona be technical, and a comment from the Devs as to why she is not
  • She was a dark force user but not a Sith, just like the Inquisitors. She was Dooku's assassin, just like the Inquisitors were Vader's.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/totenteufel/
    “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R R Martin
  • Savage was being trained as a Sith
    apprentice with Maul as his master

Dooku had plans of training Ventress as a suth apprentice but sidious stopped him before he did
  • They made Savage Opress a sith so I think asajj should be it too.
    Asajj is more sith than Opress if anyone of them should be it.
  • Ventress is not a sith savage is. Let's stick with the lore please enough with this non sense.
  • hnewton wrote: »
    Savage was being trained as a Sith

Dooku had plans of training Ventress as a suth apprentice but sidious stopped him before he did
    ^This just beats this v
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    They made Savage Opress a sith so I think asajj should be it too.

Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Sorry but Asaji's designated faction is the least of this sorry toon's worries. I'm hard-pressed to think this matter is something the devs are going to fast-track. I didn't think people even used AV in this game; I've never once encountered anyone using her in Arena and when I see her on the opposing side in GW it's like having a 5-vs-4.
    I know there have been many debates, many examples of who is what, when and why, but the fact is Asajj was once and should now be, labeled a Sith I'm SWGOH. Especially if Darth Maul can defect and just name his brother a Sith apprentice and declare himself a Sith Master. It would open her up to more teams and she'd see much more play, especially with her rework.

Any and all comments welcomed, but try to keep it to support of this idea, any Dev comments would be great too as to why she is not but others are when they technically shouldn't be, etc. Cuz if we're gona get technical for her, then we should for everyone, but making her Sith just seems right and would make alot more players happy vs not happy, much more.

@CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_CapGaSP
    @the team behind char dev/designations

Thx :)

• It says on Ventresses wookiepedia page that she was a Sith appretice.
    On Savages wookiepedia page it also says that he was a Sith apprentice
    Based on that information, it makes zero sense that Ventress doesn't have the Sith tag while Savage does, especially given that the version of Ventress we have is the version prior to Dooku's betrayal.

The only dark side force user in this game currently who shouldn't have the Sith tag is Kylo Ren, simply because he isn't a Sith, he's the master of the Knights of Ren. Besides I'm sure he will get something sooner or later, but Ventress needs the Sith tag.
  • vector6000
    236 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    None of this expanded universe and cartoon stuff is canon anyway.
    Give it a rest. Ventress is not a Sith. You can only be a Sith by being one of the officially designated "two" (Master and Apprentice).

For example, Dooku only became Sith when Maul died. He was a dark force user before, but no sith. He became a Sith once being officially named Darth Tyranus.

And of course after the death of Vader and Sidious the siths were eradicated.
  • vector6000 wrote: »
    Give it a rest. Ventress is not a Sith. You can only be a Sith by being one of the officially designated "two" (Master and Apprentice).

For example, Dooku only became Sith when Maul died. He was a dark force user before, but no sith. He became a Sith once being officially named Darth Tyranus.

You know that the cartoons are actually canon?
  • Supercat wrote: »
    hnewton wrote: »

^This just beats this v

They were both trained by dooku. Savage then got trained by Maul when he wasn't offical a sith anymore

• Gamorrean wrote: »
    Supercat wrote: »
    hnewton wrote: »

^This just beats this v

They were both trained by dooku. Savage then got trained by Maul when he wasn't offical a sith anymore

Maul wasn't an official sith but sidious called him a rival?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Asajj was never & will not be a sith. Just an apprentice at most.
  • Hey Grimm! It's barad
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I used to think she was a Sith, since Dooku probably wouldn't tell her about Palpatine and she might know the whole rule of two thing so she thinks she's a Sith apprentice to him, but according to the lore she was just an assassin for Dooku
  • Asajj was never a sith. She was technically a Gray Jedi. Not all dark side users are Sith. Asajj was an assassin trained by sith, but was not a sith herself.
  • Ky10Ren wrote: »
    It says on Ventresses wookiepedia page that she was a Sith appretice.
    On Savages wookiepedia page it also says that he was a Sith apprentice
    Based on that information, it makes zero sense that Ventress doesn't have the Sith tag while Savage does, especially given that the version of Ventress we have is the version prior to Dooku's betrayal.

The only dark side force user in this game currently who shouldn't have the Sith tag is Kylo Ren, simply because he isn't a Sith, he's the master of the Knights of Ren. Besides I'm sure he will get something sooner or later, but Ventress needs the Sith tag.

Well if you're going by the wookiepedia page it also said on savage page he became a Sith Lord "As part of Maul's plans, Opress became a Sith Lord, but he was forced to become the apprentice." Asajj page never says she becomes a Sith Lord but I guess you didn't read all of it. So by going by wookiepedia like you said, they all have Sith Lord title except asajj. Problem solved.

"This cartoon stuff" is 100% canon...
  • Facts- Dooku taught her as his apprentice
    -Asajj was not Sith when she started
    -Sidious feared her power, more than Dooku's, Maul's and Savage's
    -dooku intended to overthrow Sidious with her (Dark Disciple)
    -In Dark Disciple she says she is a former Sith
    -she knows far more of the dark side than all inquisitors combined
    -Starwars.com labelled her sith for a year before retconning it once inquisitors appeared in Rebels
    -she is educated in combating force lightning a sith secret Dooku said he would not teach savage
    -to become a sith one has to be trained in the ways of the sith - filoni. Can anyone deny she was trained in sith methods of torture and power manipulation? The inquisitors never recieved the training she did
    In conclusion, all evidence points to her being at the very least the Sith equivalent of a padawan. While the inquisitors are simply dark side adepts she has deep knowledge of the dark side. To the point where it is clear Dooku did not believe in or seek to follow the rule of two. Ingame I am fine with her not being a Sith, however to call her equal to the inquisitors or a dark jedi from the Expanded Universe is far too narrow for her. She was a Sith when Dooku was ordered to kill her. She was as powerful as Anakin after he turned and knew more of the dark side than darth vader did throughout the Revenge of the Sith and yet he gets the label immediatly where she is snubbed by fans despite all the facts.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    The official star wars databank as pointed out by @DarthLucaz give strong arguments for her to be considered sith, including calling her dooku apprentice and giving her affiliation with the sith. The sith affiation is only given to Asajj, Dooku, Sid, Vader, and bane.

The rule of 2 states:
    there will be only 2 active sith at one time
    Not
    There will be only 2 sith at one time.

To the argument that Savage is sith because Maul declared/considered himself a master and took Savage as his apprentice I will point out the databanks refer to Savage as a sith apprentice when Asajj tried to use him to kill Dooku, this was before he found Maul.

Asajj also, as pointed out in dark disciple, also considered herself a sith apprentice but knew should could not become a true sith till the other sith lord was killed.

Of course the only one with the true answer is Lucas/Disney so we as fans can go round and round with what we "think" is the right answer.
    Post edited by scuba on
  • This again? Well, there can be good arguments from both sides. Although I'll say that if Savage is considered Sith, so should Assajj. And let's remember that rules are made to be broken (especially by Sith!), so the Rule of Two is not the End All Be All of this argument. However, although I'm not entirely sure if she should get the Sith tag or not, she should DEFINITELY get the Bounty Hunter tag though, since that is what she became after being cast out by Dooku and it stayed that way for the rest of her life, as far as canon tells us anyway...
  • JPBrunel wrote: »
    This again? Well, there can be good arguments from both sides. Although I'll say that if Savage is considered Sith, so should Assajj. And let's remember that rules are made to be broken (especially by Sith!), so the Rule of Two is not the End All Be All of this argument. However, although I'm not entirely sure if she should get the Sith tag or not, she should DEFINITELY get the Bounty Hunter tag though, since that is what she became after being cast out by Dooku and it stayed that way for the rest of her life, as far as canon tells us anyway...

I don't wanna give her BH tag with her current outfit. nah, dosen't feel right...

vector6000 wrote: »

vector6000 wrote: »

Are you saying maul wasn't a sith until plagueis died. So the entire time Sidius was training maul and sending him on missions to further the sith cause he was what? The rule of two seems to have been broken in this instance as well as with ventures. But I guess to really get to the bottom of this question we need to know the definition of a sith.

According to wiki:
    The Sith is a villainous organization of preternaturally-gifted warriors in the fictional Star Wars universe.[1] It is an ancient interstellar quasi-religious kraterocratic institution with an agenda of galactic domination, led by members who seize power whether through physical force, social maneuvering or political cunning.

If this is true than ventress is a sith.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    This again? Well, there can be good arguments from both sides. Although I'll say that if Savage is considered Sith, so should Assajj. And let's remember that rules are made to be broken (especially by Sith!), so the Rule of Two is not the End All Be All of this argument. However, although I'm not entirely sure if she should get the Sith tag or not, she should DEFINITELY get the Bounty Hunter tag though, since that is what she became after being cast out by Dooku and it stayed that way for the rest of her life, as far as canon tells us anyway...

I don't wanna give her BH tag with her current outfit. nah, dosen't feel right...

She needs hair for that!
  • scuba wrote: »
    JPBrunel wrote: »

She needs hair for that!

Yes :)

The official star wars databank as pointed out by @DarthLucaz give strong arguments for her to be considered sith, including calling her dooku apprentice and giving her affiliation with the sith. The sith affiation is only given to Asajj, Dooku, Sid, Vader, and bane.

The rule of 2 states:
    Not

To the argument that Savage is sith because Maul declared/considered himself a master and took Savage as his apprentice I will point out the databanks refer to Savage as a sith apprentice when Asajj tried to use him to kill Dooku, this was before he found Maul.

Asajj also, as pointed out in dark disciple, also considered herself a sith apprentice but knew should could not become a true sith till sid was killed.

Of course the only one with the true answer is Lucas/Disney so we as fans can go round and round with what we "think" is the right answer.

Wait I thought Ventress didn't know about Sidious?
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

The rule of 2 states:
    Not

Asajj also, as pointed out in dark disciple, also considered herself a sith apprentice but knew should could not become a true sith till sid was killed.

That may be true but she did know that there was a sith lord besides dooku and thus could not become a truth sith because of the rule of 2. Updated my post.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Edit: double post.
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

The rule of 2 states:
    Not

That may be true but she did know that there was a sith lord besides dooku and thus could not become a truth sith because of the rule of 2.

I don't know actually, I was just wondering