What is the fastest path to zetas?

Anyone know of a guide on this? Just really far behind everyone and want to get some as quick as possible

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Spend money on crystals->get ship packs->star up ships.
  • theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Level up your required ships to 3* the challenge.
    It's faster if you buy ship shards with crystals, this gives you the opportunity to buy zeta in ship shop as well. Otherwise you have to use the currency for ship shards
  • Dark side ships
  • Yeah I bought like 40x data cards and spent weeks upgrading them. Credits are scarce, gives on the DS ships to unlock tarkins ship, then go with your best ones for the challenge.
  • ...-> level 8 ships to five stars, including 5 dark side ships ->get 5 stars executrix -> three star zeta tier ship ability mat challenge -> pray the RNGod -> get zetas
  • Straight ahead until you reach the crooked old tree. Turn left and follow the road a few miles and when you see the old man sitting on the porch, make another left. It's just a stones throw from the schoolhouse by the side of the creek.
  • Zabak wrote: »
    ...-> level 8 ships to five stars, including 5 dark side ships ->get 5 stars executrix -> three star zeta tier ship ability mat challenge -> pray the RNGod -> get zetas
    I know this part (thanks for not being a sarcastic at least haha) but any guides as to which ships/pilots you can get fastest?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    hnewton wrote: »
    Zabak wrote: »
    ...-> level 8 ships to five stars, including 5 dark side ships ->get 5 stars executrix -> three star zeta tier ship ability mat challenge -> pray the RNGod -> get zetas
    I know this part (thanks for not being a sarcastic at least haha) but any guides as to which ships/pilots you can get fastest?

That all depends on which ships you get to drop with the packs.
    Except maul and vader the other ds pilots are easy farms. So get your ships first then the pilots.
  • I used the 499 crystal data packs for my route, and these are the pilots that dropped the most:

Imperial TF
    Biggs
    Wedge
    Ahsoka
    Geo Soldier
    Geo Spy
    Sun Fac
    Slave 1
    First Order TF

I needed 6 5* ships to get Tarkin's ship to 5* because my pilots overall are not that strong. The data cards did steer me to characters that I didn't already in Sun Fac and Geo Spy. However, there aren't a lot of choices.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    On average you get 1 every 2 attempts, so that's 3 a week, or about 7 weeks to upgrade an ability. Meanwhile if you simply focus on ships in GW you can be competitive enough for top 200 (I'm top 100 this way) and you'll get 1315 tokens a day at dailies so about 31 days, which is a lot faster.

Of course the fastest way is to do the challenges and buy the zetas, but if you have a particular zeta upgrade your eyeing it will be a lot faster to start getting the mats from fleet shipments instead of prepping for the challenges and then waiting 7 weeks.
  • 4 at 5* ships for dark side ships to get tarkin's ship
    Chalange for "ship ability materials" mats lvl 3 tier - will give you zeta when you have 8 at 5* ships and 5* executrix - for wich you need the first sentence of the post

if u are pay to play you might get them faster but will still be 1-2 months at least just to start farming the zeta in challenges assuming you can win it with what you have

You might have to farm from fleet ship spy and sun fac > you can find them in guild shop now aswell so make a plan before so you finish all 8 ships at 5* around the same time and have time to max the pilots before you get there....

Consider buying vader, grievous and slave1 when you see them as they are super rare
  • I haven't used gw tokens for ships in about two weeks, still able to flirt with and sometimes get top 50 in ship arena. I focus more on tournaments than ships and will continue to do so as there is nobody I find to be in dire need of one. I just dumpstered a zeta vader lead today, using almost the exact same team except ep lead. So I'm not in a rush to zeta him. Though it will be nice to zeta jyn once I use the tens of thousands of gw tokens I have hoarded to at least 6* her next month.
  • I'm going for the tier 3 ship ability mat challenge myself, and to get the 5* tarkin I am planning on going for TIE, FO TIE, Geo Solider, Sun Fac and Geo Spy. These five commonly appear in the fleet shipments as well as galactic war, and the characters to pilot them are readily available. Of course if you have slave 1 farmed or managed to unlock Vaders TIE, then you can cut one or two off this list ( or if you farmed maul and his ship already). Then it's simply a matter of levelling those 5 and three light side ships (ones that are easy to farm, or u wing since everyone got blueprints for it for free), and then boom you can start farming zetas.

I'm also going to point out that the tier 3 ship ability material challenge seems to be the only place you can farm (or maybe even get at all) the ship ability material mk 3.
  • Ky10Ren wrote: »
    I'm going for the tier 3 ship ability mat challenge myself, and to get the 5* tarkin I am planning on going for TIE, FO TIE, Geo Solider, Sun Fac and Geo Spy. These five commonly appear in the fleet shipments as well as galactic war, and the characters to pilot them are readily available. Of course if you have slave 1 farmed or managed to unlock Vaders TIE, then you can cut one or two off this list ( or if you farmed maul and his ship already). Then it's simply a matter of levelling those 5 and three light side ships (ones that are easy to farm, or u wing since everyone got blueprints for it for free), and then boom you can start farming zetas.

I'm also going to point out that the tier 3 ship ability material challenge seems to be the only place you can farm (or maybe even get at all) the ship ability material mk 3.

This is a good strategy as long as you have all fo the pilots close to arena ready. If not, you probably need 6 x 5* dark side ships. I had been running droids in arena, and my pilots were a little soft - especially on light side.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Aero wrote: »

Of course the fastest way is to do the challenges and buy the zetas, but if you have a particular zeta upgrade your eyeing it will be a lot faster to start getting the mats from fleet shipments instead of prepping for the challenges and then waiting 7 weeks.

This. That's how i got my qgj zeta within a month, just a few days behind some ppl in my guild who did the fleet challenges and got 20 before... It was worth it...
  • Fastest?

Do the challenge and buy only Zeta from fleet shipments
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Zeta's are not my problem :'(
    Need omega and purples.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Zeta's are not my problem :'(
    Need omega and purples.

DITTO ftw
    bout copy to hurt the same, but different rankings, lead to copy reward income decrease, I want to ask, what is the ranking mechanism under? It's not fair! Hope the official modification!
  • Aero wrote: »
    On average you get 1 every 2 attempts, so that's 3 a week, or about 7 weeks to upgrade an ability. Meanwhile if you simply focus on ships in GW you can be competitive enough for top 200 (I'm top 100 this way) and you'll get 1315 tokens a day at dailies so about 31 days, which is a lot faster.

Faster for one. Then much slower for the second, third, etc. Plus you wont be competitive in fleet arena anymore, so dropping rank, earning less fleet bucks for slower zeta... Buying zetas over ships is the suckers bet in the long run.

• Don't rush your ships guys. I got only one zeta in the last 12 zeta challenges I simulated. Terrible drop rate.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me