Can we turn AI advantage down a bit?

Prev13
QuiGonJesus
167 posts Member
edited December 2016
I'm just frustrated that enemy teams don't seem to have the same rng applied as my own in battles, particularly in galactic war and fleet arena. Enemy teams stick target lock far more often than my own team. Dodges are more common when enemy health is on red. Dooku double-attacks every time in gw (nbd but annoying). Daka revives one or more team mates on just about every heal when I face her, but very rarely does my own revive. Debuffs stick more than they should in gw (ie more than they do in arena) under aayla/yoda lead. I missed 10 consecutive attacks on sid in gw node today. This goes beyond bad rng or confirmation bias. Maybe the point is 'a challenge', but I wouldn't call fighting with my hands tied against a stacked deck 'challenging'. It makes what would otherwise be the most enjoyable parts of the game, aside from squad arena, into a frustrating grind.
Ai can't strategize like a human, I get that. Giving the computer controlled teams significantly better odds of procing abilities is not a fair way to counteract this.
I have no suggestions as to a fix. I'm mostly just whining/venting. I can't be the only one experiencing this.

Tl/dr: ai has insane luck and it feelsbadman
Post edited by QuiGonJesus on

Replies

• Turn down for what?

• Well, AI as dumb as a gamorian, it has to have some advantage =\
  • Yeah gotta love that 5* g8 daka that gets a 4 person res lol. Can't forget the 5* g8 EP that stuns your whole team!
  • I love how Rey's flurry is three or more hits, for purposes of TM, etc. But it gets dodged as though it is one shot.
    Just. Awesome!
  • what I find annoying with the ai is daka and the ewok they have a 1% chance to revive your forces but a 100% to revive theirs then give them full health next turn

as for dooku, it's kinda ridiculous that he can kill a tank just by countering
  • Something like enemy Dooku has 100% chance to attack twice, or Leia always shoots 3 times, or facing a team wuth dodge leader.
    I know all is RNG but it's really annoying.
  • Iron_Maiden_Jedi
    280 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, it's rng, but the rng is rigged for AI's advantage. Been playing since the beginning and 95% AI has more favorable procs. I'd be fine with this, for the r-tarded AI needs help... what annoys me is that the devs keep claiming there's no advantage, taking us players as idi0ts.
  • Iron_Maiden_Jedi
    280 posts Member
    edited December 2016
  • Yeah, it's rng, but the rng is rigged for AI's advantage. Been playing since the beginning and 95% AI has more favorable procs. I'd be fine with this, for the r-tarded AI needs help... what annoys me is that the devs keep claiming there's no advantage, taking us players as ****.

i've been here since day 1, n the only time i see the ai win is when they have an ability on-top of their attack where it will all ways trigger

n ontop of that dooku n 5's have been known to kill by counter alone, along with 100% revives
  • I add my breathe to the vent
  • I'd be fine with the buffed AI if the dodge mechanic didn't exist.
    It should just reduce damage by a quarter or so - and get rid of variable damage while you're at it.
  • slugbahr wrote: »
    I'd be fine with the buffed AI if the dodge mechanic didn't exist.
    It should just reduce damage by a quarter or so - and get rid of variable damage while you're at it.

I'll join in on the whining too. I especially hate Dodge. It's such a cheap and artificial way of making a battle more difficult. (Used Biggs special to Attack, Call in Wedge and another attacker, all THREE attacks were "Dodge" by Rey who didn't even have Foresight going). On top of being frustrating, it's useless when you use it. I can't even recall the last time a character of mine dodged anything without the aid of Foresight.

The best part is if you manage to beat the team, you see their leader ability "Allies have 5% Dodge Chance". 5%... Yeah, right, haha.
  • herbert79
    73 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, it's rng, but the rng is rigged for AI's advantage. Been playing since the beginning and 95% AI has more favorable procs. I'd be fine with this, for the r-tarded AI needs help... what annoys me is that the devs keep claiming there's no advantage, taking us players as idi0ts.

Exactly. That's the part that annoys me.
    I've become so **** accepting of the rigged rng that enemy Leia always getting 3 shots in pretty much every time she gets an attack is just expected.
    My Leia, of course, rarely gets two.
    It's rigged but they won't admit it. Bad programming or whatever but to admit it is to accept that they were lazy. Or whatever.

And you're right, I can still beat GW and whatnot but the multitude of dodge teams you face that are significantly lower lvl than you in GW that consistently get dodges against your MUCH HIGHER lvl team, and as a result, protracted GW, is annoying.
  • Dodge has always been broken but my worst 'rng' has been with opposing palpatine - I've never (ever) had fewer than 3 of 5 stunned if I don't have tenacity up. I now just accept that if I allow palpatine's turn it's 3-5 guys getting stunned, usually 4
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Keep complaining... they will correct this and then make the AI smarter...

I have a dare for you... Count how many "lucky" things happen for the AI and then count how many stupid things the AI does... like taunt with ability block... stealth when last ones standing... Attack full green when a sliver red dmg character is on the ropes.
  • The dubmest AI is when Rex has Tenacity up and AI tries Vaders force crush or EP's AOE. Its almost like going 3 on 5 those toons are so useless against a rex team. Devs need to fix the AI.
  • You have to call it something but a handful of conditionals a college sophomore CS student could write is not AI.

Other than the random target, which that in itself is not intelligent, all actions are deterministic.
  • Twin wrote: »
    Keep complaining... they will correct this and then make the AI smarter...

I have a dare for you... Count how many "lucky" things happen for the AI and then count how many **** things the AI does... like taunt with ability block... stealth when last ones standing... Attack full green when a sliver red dmg character is on the ropes.

Those things are also what the **** AI does when you put it on auto.
    And do you really want to fight a battle where the opponent has basically turned its back on you, rather than a fair fight?
    If a toon has abilities, it's kind of expected they use them.
    If you fight a battle, you should be made to work for it. But not harder than you should be, which is what it's like now.
  • TronTheKhan
    650 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm just frustrated that enemy teams don't seem to have the same rng applied as my own in battles, particularly in galactic war and fleet arena. Enemy teams stick target lock far more often than my own team. Dodges are more common when enemy health is on red. Dooku double-attacks every time in gw (nbd but annoying). Daka revives one or more team mates on just about every heal when I face her, but very rarely does my own revive. Debuffs stick more than they should in gw (ie more than they do in arena) under aayla/yoda lead. I missed 10 consecutive attacks on sid in gw node today. This goes beyond bad rng or confirmation bias. Maybe the point is 'a challenge', but I wouldn't call fighting with my hands tied against a stacked deck 'challenging'. It makes what would otherwise be the most enjoyable parts of the game, aside from squad arena, into a frustrating grind.
    Ai can't strategize like a human, I get that. Giving the computer controlled teams significantly better odds of procing abilities is not a fair way to counteract this.
    I have no suggestions as to a fix. I'm mostly just whining/venting. I can't be the only one experiencing this.

Tl/dr: ai has insane luck and it feelsbadman

I agree with you fully! Especially with dooku. He is without a doubt the worst RNG character to face in the entire game. He's never wiped out any of my teams but the fact you can count on him to attack twice every time he goes is frustrating. Can't they just make him attack twice in a row without having to show the stup.id animation???
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Turn up the A.i. advantage please. It's way too easy to beat. What game are you playing?
  • Seems fine to me. Player control vs ai advantage.
  • Turn up the A.i. advantage please. It's way too easy to beat. What game are you playing?

Obvious troll
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • No I'm not trolling. Bad teams can easily beat good teams. If you have a good team, the last thing you want is for the a.i. to be reduced. They need to boost the a.i.
  • No I'm not trolling. Bad teams can easily beat good teams. If you have a good team, the last thing you want is for the a.i. to be reduced. They need to boost the a.i.

I agree that the AI should be better, but you don't do that by breaking the mechanics of the game and giving them a frustrating and unfair advantage. They could make the AI smarter but instead rely on simply having dumb things happen regularly... I just recently had a Lumi lead team dodge 12 attacks in a row... 12. I still won the battle because the AI is that stupid but still... 12? Its just frustrating, and as a dev you shouldn't be trying to increase the frustration of your player base.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    JRS200x wrote: »
    I agree that the AI should be better, but you don't do that by breaking the mechanics of the game and giving them a frustrating and unfair advantage. They could make the AI smarter but instead rely on simply having dumb things happen regularly... I just recently had a Lumi lead team dodge 12 attacks in a row... 12. I still won the battle because the AI is that **** but still... 12? Its just frustrating, and as a dev you shouldn't be trying to increase the frustration of your player base.

You gotta pick your battles... Building smarter AI is a lot of resources and not just once (like bonus of AI RNG), but rather continuous as all these mechanics and choices change frequently and in subtle ways.

They have been giving us tons of content so will give them a pass. The Ship AI seems much better.

• C_Man101
    195 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    slugbahr wrote: »
    I'd be fine with the buffed AI if the dodge mechanic didn't exist.

I'll join in on the whining too. I especially hate Dodge. It's such a cheap and artificial way of making a battle more difficult. (Used Biggs special to Attack, Call in Wedge and another attacker, all THREE attacks were "Dodge" by Rey who didn't even have Foresight going). On top of being frustrating, it's useless when you use it. I can't even recall the last time a character of mine dodged anything without the aid of Foresight.

The best part is if you manage to beat the team, you see their leader ability "Allies have 5% Dodge Chance". 5%... Yeah, right, haha.

foresight counts a team attack as one attack, which kinda breaks guna die's ability =/
  • Turn up the A.i. advantage please. It's way too easy to beat. What game are you playing?

Obvious troll
    Turn up the A.i. advantage please. It's way too easy to beat. What game are you playing?

Obvious troll

He trolls on a lot of posts.