Would you restart a GW node over 20 times to finish it?

Omnirhyze
167 posts Member
edited January 2016
We've all been there. We've all come across a team composed of lots of six-seven star toons with purple gear, with the finishing touch being that they're all several levels above you, or that you encounter them woefully too early. Sometimes, even sending in a suicide squad doesn't make much of a difference, and you're condemned to alter the order of your team to find that magic combo that'll get you out alive.

Just like to know how tenacious most GOH players are.
Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion

Would you restart a GW node over 20 times to finish it? 94 votes

Yes, if I'm about or over 50% finished
1%
Bongo 1 vote
Yes, if I'm about or over 75% finished
8%
GibballoMaxoooEl_DuderinoKwynne4444Phlebotomy_JonesGregorMizake_MizanCmpatrick93 8 votes
Yes, no matter what node I'm on
59%
dauz6063DarthPurgatoryDaishiQeltarMephisto_styleXziinGenakumaSyth_HunterClintos_FreshmakerAbyssJustin7402d3gaussAdamWmurton09jeremyj26SonorenSakichanAnraethTenchi1969Crymsonkyng 56 votes
Lol No.
30%
DoomsheepCircuit8HitNSmashccfoocosmicturtle333JabberwockySongxJazzxZtyleSlythRinnD_MillennialDrNoCoolshimmyThomasLyleDariotjw_tjw14JWHSnowbloodGruby03512IG1066 29 votes

Replies

• Lol No.
    Not 20 times unless if it were possibly the final 1 or 2 battles.
  • Yes, no matter what node I'm on
    Absolutely. I repeated 1 today 20 times and it was only in round 6. Had I not done so I would not have completed today's GW. For me it isn't about just keeping everyone alive, I wanted to ensure each of my heroes had as close to full health as possible and by the 19th attempt I found a way of achieving this and having all abilities cooled down in time for the next battle. GW is a war of attrition, it's something you have to learn very quickly (to be patient) or you'll never succeed.
  • Absolutely. I repeated 1 today 20 times and it was only in round 6. Had I not done so I would not have completed today's GW. For me it isn't about just keeping everyone alive, I wanted to ensure each of my heroes had as close to full health as possible and by the 19th attempt I found a way of achieving this and having all abilities cooled down in time for the next battle. GW is a war of attrition, it's something you have to learn very quickly (to be patient) or you'll never succeed.

Nice one. I usually relax my standards about my crew's condition when I retreat a lot lol

Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
    I had to retreat about 15 times today but ended up getting the job done;)
    Yes. Why it gets tedious for me. Granted the old way was a lot easier, but also more fun... For me at least lol
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    My "yes" comes with a stipulation. It has nothing to do with finishing GW. I reset them often to test dif teams aginst the AI setups
  • Lol No.
    Only have to do 1-2 per GW most days, often none at all.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
    I usually only have to reset if I meet a broken poe team, and even that is only because I hate to end with anyone dead/almost dead or too many cooldowns.
    Even if I am doing well, I will reset if I am going to end too weak to be able to continue effectively. I prefer to have everyone as near to max health as possible, with all specials (maybe minus one heal to achieve the former) reset for the next round.

However, as someone else mentioned above, it is also a good way to test different strategies and team makeups against a particular character or group of characters in a "safe" environment.
    d3gauss wrote: »
    I usually only have to reset if I meet a broken poe team, and even that is only because I hate to end with anyone dead/almost dead or too many cooldowns.

This endless poe is broken nonsense is so tired. If you can't find a way around it you're just not good at the game...unacceptable
  • Yes, if I'm about or over 75% finished
    If I'm in the last set of three, maybe…but that's not happening often. Most times I roll through with my main five just fine.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I have a unhealthy obsession with progression, I went up against a 70 First Order team with amazing synergy yesterday on node 4 which was odd. The turn meter power was so great, even against my 65 purple characters I barely had a person left to retreat to restart after one turn. Many screaming Ewoks were sacrificed, eventually found the "puzzle" or correct moves to progress. Which in the end had to attack a character you never typically attack or focus on first but it stopped the AI from using specials... Typically I only have to restart once or twice, but that day it took 25 retries and many dead ewoks and low levels characters. Their screams will be remembered! Rest of the match went like butter, final match was a Chewwie team LOL
  • Lol No.
    I never retreat - but I've also only completed it once... And I'm ok with that. To me it's the challenge and I usually get to around 9 or 10... I don't have enough patience to redo a battle 20 times, but to each his own.
  • never had too

but I would lol
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Ill finish Gw no matter what. I also have a problem with my team preforming perfectly, sometimes I even restart the battle even if I have no deaths and have won.
    I have to hold myself back from force closing even when i finish the last match of GW, just because I want it to be perfect.

I dont like the current RNG Gw though.
  • Lol No.
    No more than three times is my rule.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
    I've restarted 50 times before when I was facing a 7* Phasma (L), Poe, 88, Sid, Kylo team when I was L63 that would heal immune or kill one or two characters (or even 3) in the first round. By the way, whoever put that team together is a sadistic ****. Eventually, I hit a spot where I had to lose a healer, and bang up the remaining ones in order to pass. Didn't finish GW for the day, as the next node was just as bad, and I was in much worse shape going in.

That's the day I switched from the "GW is fine the way it is" type, to the, "The new GW sucks" type.
  • Anraeth wrote: »
    I have a unhealthy obsession with progression, I went up against a 70 First Order team with amazing synergy yesterday on node 4 which was odd. The turn meter power was so great, even against my 65 purple characters I barely had a person left to retreat to restart after one turn. Many screaming Ewoks were sacrificed, eventually found the "puzzle" or correct moves to progress. Which in the end had to attack a character you never typically attack or focus on first but it stopped the AI from using specials... Typically I only have to restart once or twice, but that day it took 25 retries and many dead ewoks and low levels characters. Their screams will be remembered! Rest of the match went like butter, final match was a Chewwie team LOL

A moment of silence for the dead ewoks.
    I regularly repeat it as much as I need it for all 5 of my toons to survive with green health, no matter what stage.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Lol No.
    I may try 2 or 3 times that's it. If I would try 20 or more times I would hate and stop the game after 2 or 3 days I suppose
    I doesn't happen often but yes I will repeat it as many times as it takes to finish with my squad at full health and cool downs. Doing so, I'm at my 50th GW completed today.