Gear Requests

Does anyone know why you can request some of the new gear, but not all of it? Like you can request most of the new gear that is obtainable from the new raid, but you can't actually all of the gear available from the raid. Just noticed it today and thought it was weird. Is there a reason that only some specific gear can't be requested from guild mates?
Its not just the ones that can or can't be farmed in light side/dark side battles, there just doesn't really seem to be a pattern, which is why I'm curious. I was able to request up to 10 Mk X Blastech weapon mod salvage (only used for Mk X blastech weapon mod), but you can't request the other half of the gear needed to make the full mk X blastech weapon mod: the Mk X blastech weapon mod prototype.
That's just one example of something that can't be requested, there are a bunch of others, but then there are also some that can be requested, like the Mk X Holo Lens salvage that you can request, even though that's only available though the raid, not in dark side or light side battles like the prototypes or some other salvage.

Replies

• The boom box can't be requested for some reason.
  • The boom box can't be requested for some reason.
    It's too bad really, I'd figured maybe once all this stuff came out to get characters to g11, people might start requesting stuff other than stun cuffs. But apparently the Devs only want us to request stun cuffs because they made all the g11 gear unrequestable lol.

But does anyone know why some of it is requestable, and some of it isn't?
  • My best guess is developer oversight.

The gear request is good in theory but useless in reality for most people.

No one in my guild bothers asking for cuffs, discs, or stun guns anymore. No one has any to give away. Then you can still only donate 2 of the rancor raid gear at a time which sucks. I have hundreds upon hundreds of furnace salvage to give.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    In our guild we usually discuss donations of raid gear before request to work out deals. Most people are happy to donate raid gear they don't currently need if someone is trying to finish a specific toon, when they know they will get what they need in return.

A lot of us using to not have to farm low lvl gear,it's pretty nice to get a new toon upgraded fast without farming.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    In our guild we usually discuss donations of raid gear before request to work out deals. Most people are happy to donate raid gear they don't currently need if someone is trying to finish a specific toon, when they know they will get what they need in return.

A lot of us using to not have to farm low lvl gear,it's pretty nice to get a new toon upgraded fast without farming.

Agreed, but whats with some gear being requestable and some of it not being requestable? I'm not really concerned with what I'm asking for, I usually finish in the top 3 of our guild for the AAT raid (only run normal version, so don't get the best possible rewards, but still pretty decent) so it's not that I need a ton of raid gear, I'm just confused as to why some of it isn't able to be requested where as other types are.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The same reason ships are connected to zetas. To make every part of the game a necessity.