Empire vs Rebels

I always thought the Rebels vs the Empire was like David (Rebels) vs Goliath (Empire), but when i look in inventory its 18 Rebels vs 10 Empire ... George Lucas made it look wrong.
Left by design.
The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.

Replies

• It's not numbers but quality, which until recently was still Rebels....

Empire changed a lot with EP and TP but you need ST which is P2P only (don't kid yourselves, tournaments were either old shard or P2P people. Also up to a week ago EP was pretty exclusive.

Then of course came Chaze, two more P2P toons.

So if you take out the P2P toons, then you are back to Rebels > Empire cause Biggs tripple will just kill EP then the match is over.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    No it's this game that did it wrong, not Lucas, there's a lot of potential for Imperial characters that they're just not using. The obvious missing Imperials are Krennic and Deathtrooper, but they could also bring in Thrawn since Rebels made him canon again.

We got seven Rebels from Rogue One, which is two too many for a full team. Why bother with Bistan and Pathfinder if they can't even fit in the full Rogue One team? Last year we got five First Order and five Resistance which allowed for a full team for both factions. This year we got seven Rebels to one Imperial.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    War wrote: »
    No it's this game that did it wrong, not Lucas, there's a lot of potential for Imperial characters that they're just not using. The obvious missing Imperials are Krennic and Deathtrooper, but they could also bring in Thrawn since Rebels made him canon again.

We got seven Rebels from Rogue One, which is two too many for a full team. Why bother with Bistan and Pathfinder if they can't even fit in the full Rogue One team? Last year we got five First Order and five Resistance which allowed for a full team for both factions. This year we got seven Rebels to one Imperial.

Technically, there's 5 Empire from Rogue One in the game, 2 of which are new and had more screen time than Bistan: Tie Fighter Pilot, Shoretrooper, Darth Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, Stormtrooper.
  • To address the Lucas comment, to be honest this is one point the story makes zero realistic sense in. And its not just Lucas, in the Force Awakens its the same. The Empire, despite having clear advantage and much better technology, gets wiped out by a much smaller force. Well the directors & Lucas want to make a political/ideological point (that no matter what, the evil side is flawed even with all the power, and can never win).

On the game side, tbh, I am quite interested in how Empire fares now. That Vader Zeta ability seems SICK. And there are some potentially very strong Empire characters like Tie Fighter Pilot, but need to be placed in teams strategically otherwise they wont be strong.

And fully agree that there are not enough Empire characters. Sith are enough though, as there were never many Siths to begin with (in the Palpatine timeline).
  • Winstar wrote: »
    War wrote: »

Technically, there's 5 Empire from Rogue One in the game, 2 of which are new and had more screen time than Bistan: Tie Fighter Pilot, Shoretrooper, Darth Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, Stormtrooper.

This guy... How old are you?
  • IMO empire> than rebels right now. Simply for the fact that you can't farm 7 rebels at once or even 5. A lot of empire toons are F2P and easy to build. Plus you would have to imagine there won't be many more rebels comming for awhile so this is as good as they will get.
    Come to the dark side.
  • E00N
    147 posts Member
    Dark side is best man. Very much players play META rebels - its easy to get and with money u will monster. EA makes Rebels , because ppl pay for it .

Play Vader, EP, RG , Boba, Tie Fighter pilot, maybe Darth Maul and u will happy in long therm .

And B team can be droids - very good as B team and for AAT raid.
  • Shore is not p2p... I am FTP and I have him. I got 15 shards from each of his two tourneys, and saved crystals (including no refreshes for the saving period) so I could get two countdown to R1 packs. Regardless of your luck, 15+15+10+10 = 50, allowing you to unlock him. Shore may only be obntainable if you are p2p at the moment, but FTP had a chance to unlock him over time. If you are FTP and you didn't get him, you either didn't go for it, didn't save enough crystals, didn't at least participate in both tourneys, or are really low level.

He was worth all that time and effort to get too, as he pushed me into arena top 10, and today I even got number 1. Running EP, Vader, RG, TFP, Shore, and I step all over the tons of wiggs/lando/StHan and droid teams in my arena.

Honestly if you were able to get Shore, empire is better than wiggs, and I'm unsure how it fares against chaze and other R1 rebels (about 3 people on my arena shard have them all, some are even geared, but they just don't use them for some reason, obviously they don't keep track of the meta too well). Based on that I would say rebels and empire are about equal in terms of best squads, unless R1 rebels own empire completely. Still feel like empire needs a few more toons to balance the numbers though, some of us like the dark side too EA/CG.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    [...]
    Come to the dark side.

Never!

#roleplayerlivesmatter