Mod Management improvement

I was talking with a bunch of friends about the time it takes (and how annoying it is) to swap mods around and between all of us on line we came up with some ideas to improve the modding system.
1) Place mods in sets that will remain together unless you decide to split the set.
Ex: If I have the most speed on my ST Han and I want to swap all his Speed to TFP I can just remove his mods as a full set and place the full set on TFP
2) Toon to toon mod transfer
Ex: Similar to the Idea above you may select a mod set or a specific mod that you would like on a difrent toon and have a transfer button were you can select the desired toon and transfer that mod to a new toon.
3) A Screen with ALL your mods not just the ones that aren't currently in use.
Ex: https://swgoh.gg/u/bigboss/mods/ @Swgoh.gg is amazing to help organize mods but again this is a outside page and it would be awfully convenient to have a similar way to organize mods in game.
The thing is that the game is significantly time consuming at times and this can really help out avoid spending so much time just on mods and will definitely even benefit players scores in the Tank raid, Rancor, tournaments and in other aspects of the game. If anyone has any other ideas feed back is appreciated.

Replies

• Goid ideas.
  • It would be cool to be able to switch gear also.
  • I'd just be happy with a remove all mods from toons button. Instead of one by one removing and confirming each mod independent
  • Raventrob wrote: »
    I'd just be happy with a remove all mods from toons button. Instead of one by one removing and confirming each mod independent

This would be great, a remove all mods button. Please add it!
  • BenObi007 wrote: »
    Raventrob wrote: »
    I'd just be happy with a remove all mods from toons button. Instead of one by one removing and confirming each mod independent

Made a post about this as well. Excellent idea!
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Also need a button to Max level a mod to 15 without hitting the upgrade button 30 times.
  • Raventrob wrote: »
    Also need a button to Max level a mod to 15 without hitting the upgrade button 30 times.

@Raventrob and @Tachycardia you guys hit the mark on those 2 feed backs this is annoying as heck to do almost every other day.
  • BenObi007 wrote: »

Cool @Chewie_says_Aaarww the same ideas ir diffrent ones?? You mind sharing? The more feed back the more the subject is taken into consideration
  • Really good idea. A way to organize based on stats would be a great addition too
  • Very good ideas! I would love to see these implemented in game. I hope the Devs take note.
  • Great Idea for mods, check out a recent post of mine abt UI , Features and Mod Mgmt Suggestions. Things like live damage counter in battles (esp in raids), three star battle rewards for arena, etc lets make it happen!
  • Big_Boss wrote: »
    BenObi007 wrote: »

Cool @Chewie_says_Aaarww the same ideas ir diffrent ones?? You mind sharing? The more feed back the more the subject is taken into consideration

I just want to add 1 button: a button to remove all mods! it's not that hard to program I assume. Currently, I feel CG is punishing those F2P players, because they have to move mods around all the time.
  • Please add some kind of Mod grouping feature.

This constant remodding for tournaments and raid is a serious pain and the saddest part its inevitable for 99% players.
  • A mod grouping feature sounds good @Saritoss .

Here's a vid for those who don't have 100 5* golden mods, but only use 5 sets of mods and move them around all the time. A butten to remove all mods at once would greaty speed up the process! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2X4TO1Xgb0

I understand that everyone from EA just came back from a well deserved holiday, so it might take more time do develop a button to remove all mods with 1 click instead of 18 clicks. Applying mods works good by the way!
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    A mod grouping feature sounds good @Saritoss .

Here's a vid for those who don't have 100 5* golden mods, but only use 5 sets of mods and move them around all the time. A butten to remove all mods at once would greaty speed up the process! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2X4TO1Xgb0

I understand that everyone from EA just came back from a well deserved holiday, so it might take more time do develop a button to remove all mods with 1 click instead of 18 clicks. Applying mods works good by the way!

Lol that's painful to watch but yes @Saritoss I 100% agree with you. The best example in my case is Biggs and TFP they use the exact same mods for me and I need one for arena and both for Tank raids and really its a huge pain swapping the mods to optimize damage if I could just group that set of mods and pass them to one another that would save about 10 minutes of mod swapping. Also i sometimes remove all mods on my toons so I can remod them from scratch and a remove all button would be Ideal for that as well. Still if I just simply remove all my mods to transfer to a diffrence toon I still have to dig around in my mods to find the ones that were removed so I can put them on the desired toon. If only we could group them that would be so so great for control sake
  • This is absolutely needed. It is ridiculous to spend so much time swapping mods around.

All three improvements described in the first post are a must.
  • You know what would be good. Not to lose health when replacing a fully upgraded mkV health mod with a mk1 tenacity mod. It is confusing and irritating.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Another mod feature I would like is to be able to sell a mod from the main mod screen. Instead, the sell button takes you to a seperate screen and the mod you were wanting to sell is randomly somewhere in that list. Just make it where if I highlight a mod on the left of the screen, and click the sell button beneath it, I get a message that says "Are you sure you want to sell this mod for X credits?" So much easier....
  • Just want to echo the OP's sentiments. The time it takes to swap mods back and forth is soul-crushing. Even if I have my swgoh.gg profile up and organized it still takes forever. It puts a huge barrier up to trying out new teams/comps because of the time it takes to switch and organize mods, as well as worrying about recording what your original configuration was before you started the experiment. And investing in more mods makes things worse, not better.

Please understand, this isn't a complaint against mods - they're actually one of my favorite parts of the game and I'd love to have more opportunity to play around wit them. Just the time sinkhole they've become is a problem. Thanks.
  • sprizzle wrote: »
    Just want to echo the OP's sentiments. The time it takes to swap mods back and forth is soul-crushing. Even if I have my swgoh.gg profile up and organized it still takes forever. It puts a huge barrier up to trying out new teams/comps because of the time it takes to switch and organize mods, as well as worrying about recording what your original configuration was before you started the experiment. And investing in more mods makes things worse, not better.

Please understand, this isn't a complaint against mods - they're actually one of my favorite parts of the game and I'd love to have more opportunity to play around wit them. Just the time sinkhole they've become is a problem. Thanks.

I agree mods is a fun concept but the time is what kills it.

I was expecting some improvement in these quality of Life updates but I guess this is going to take some time
  • Shleppy
    36 posts Member
    What's the deal with defense as a stat anyway? Is it "Armor"?
    Anyway, I'm using pure DEF mods on my RG and adding up the DEF numbers for each mod including the def boost for max upgrades on all 6 MODs = 40.00% exactly. Then when I view my RG's stats, there's no stat for DEF so I'm assuming they mean "ARMOR", but the ARMOR stat is listed with 35.25% (7.24%)[MODs] Why do the numbers fall short? Is there some hidden calculation I'm missing with regards to why DEF isn't an actual listed stat? What's the deal guys>
  • +1 Sounds much better than the current system!
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    sorta got lost in the logic...

If I were to guess the best we could probably hope for would be:

1. toggle to show assigned or unassigned or all mods (with some graphic to show it as assigned).

2. Preset mod groups: Similar to the new squad presets, you would have preset mod groups. Assigning a mod group would remove mods as needed and apply the mods from the group... and finally charge you the price of both actions.

Having unique presets for each toon seems extremely complex, heck just a static list of mod groups for all characters to use is still complex enough. What happens when you rob mods from others toons and are not aware? Just a question... I would say the current "mods" screen is perfect for that eventuality.
  • I'd love to be able to see mods organized by groups/type and in ascending order. That way it would be easier to extract mods from different toons to make mixing/matching a lot easier. Right now I'm having to cross reference on SWGOH.gg to see who has what
  • I'd love to be able to see mods organized by groups/type and in ascending order. That way it would be easier to extract mods from different toons to make mixing/matching a lot easier. Right now I'm having to cross reference on SWGOH.gg to see who has what
    I also heavily use swgoh.gg and a personal spreadsheet to keep track of top mods.

Yeah it's not awful but I wish I could just do it in game.

For example it'd be helpful to get a list of all my top potency mods, speed mods etc thats sortable by primary or secondary traits that i select rather than sorting by characters equipped with it which is confusing
  • +1.

If your recommendations are too much/too complicated to program, or if there are no incentives to do this because it will decrease revenue, a button to remove all mods from a character with 1 click would be great too :)

I love the 4x speed upgrade by the way :smiley:
  • Vetman
    39 posts Member
    +1
    +1.

...or if there are no incentives to do this because it will decrease revenue...

I dont know why this would happen, since easier swaps in mods would increase credit waste as we would do it more often. More credits spent means more credits needed, so possibly more crystals being bought...

a button to remove all mods from a character with 1 click would be great too :)

Definitely this!!!! Even if nothing else is done, please ADD a button just to "remove all mods"!!! It's such a pain to remove all of them manually...