Finn's Zeta and Resistance Squad

Prev134567
So looking at Finn's Zeta, which I find extremely interesting, I was thinking of possible teams to make it really work. https://swgoh.gg/characters/finn/
- Resistance allies gain 30% Offense and 60% Defense, and other allies gain half that amount. Whenever a Resistance ally loses Foresight, they gain Advantage for 2 turns and whenever an enemy takes damage from Expose, reduce the cooldowns of all Resistance allies by 1 and grant them 35% Turn Meter.

With the new Poe + Finn taunt synergy, you'd obviously have them both, you really need Resistance Trooper in there for his Dispel + expose on basic. Thats three, then the other two Resistance characters are Rey and Resistance Pilot. Rey is great for single target DPS and would greatly benefit from the TM gain and cooldown reset from the leader ability, and she'd get Advantage whenever she loses foresight. Seems pretty powerful, but I honestly feel like resistance pilot wouldn't be all that great in this squad. They lack an AOE attack which would really help hitting all the exposes for mass TM gain and I was thinking there are a couple choices there. Which squad do you think would work the best?

Finn (Z-L), Poe, RT, Rey, RP
Finn (Z-L), Poe, RT, Rey, B2
Finn (Z-L), Poe, RT, Rey, Cassian
Finn (Z-L), Poe, RT, Rey, Lando

First squad is just full Resistance. They'd all gain bonuses from the leader ability, and it'd have nice synergy, but I'm not sure if full resistance would have high enough damage output to really make it worthwhile. It also lacks an AOE, which will make massive TM gain a little harder to get.
Second one, I put in B2 as he has an AOE and will be getting just as many turns as the rest of the team to help hit the exposes. Again, he lacks damage output, and his AOE won't get the cooldown refresh of a resistance team, but buff immunity might be nice.
Third one is kinda my favorite. Putting in Cassian, while making Cassian's unique a little less useful (He'd still have potency up for 3 turns) gives a great chance to add more exposes, and also adds a great deal of dps to the team. His basic inflicts buff immunity which should be helpful against teams with RG that taunt middle of the encounter, and his AOE will apply a variety of status effects, but will also expose an empire target if that's the primary target. Then he'll gain 20% TM for each debuffed enemy, which should hopefully be at 5 after Poe, Finn and RT had gone and then Cassian's Shock grenade. Then he would use Crippling Shot and could potentially inflict 5 exposes to the target. While he doesn't bring an AOE that does damage, he could add a lot more to the expose playing field.
The last team has Lando for essentially just AOE spam. I wouldn't even mod him crit damage, just crit chance and speed speed speed. Poe + RT + Finn would get exposes on the other team, Lando AOEs and Poe and RT and Finn all go again and repeat. Rey would be there to smash people that survive.

So what are your thoughts? Which would be best? Got any other combinations that you think would make the most of Finn's Zeta? (Yes I know this team would likely be crushed by a team with Tenacity up, but if you can get Poe fast enough he can go before the tenacity up and remove 25% TM. Plus Rey and RT and Cassian/Lando/RP would all be protected by the Poe/Finn back2back taunt.)

Replies

• Options
    What about adding Mace? He exposes enemies fairly often which would help in greating TM to the other allies? Just a thought.
  • Options
    Ronson wrote: »
    What about adding Mace? He exposes enemies fairly often which would help in granting TM to the other allies? Just a thought.

That is a good thought. I was more looking at people with AoEs so you could hit more than one expose at a time like with B2, or how cassian can give multiple expose to one target and just hitting that one target would be a full TM gain for the whole resistance team. Also, Mace's expose is only 45% each time he takes a turn, which is lower than most of the resistance expose chances, although it can't be resisted.
  • Options
    Currently running finn+poe+rt in arena and love how they deal against Empire. Going to zeta finn definitely. Thinking of running finn poe rt rey and can try EP as the 5th because of stun and shock
    Maybe he will be helpful to the rest of resistance
  • Options
    Hadn't actually thought about EP. He has an AOE and his own personal TM gain. The real question is does crackling doom set off exposes?
    1) If it does, then this would certainly be useful against Rebel teams. Expose em and just have EP go and they'll all go off.

2) Technically it still counts as damage so even if it doesn't trigger the expose damage, the character is still taking damage under expose and that might still give TM to resistance anyways without even hitting the expose.
  • Options
    If it doesn't set off, then at least you'll have great advantage with your first turn (if your poe is fast ofc)
    With that advantage you can knockdown 1-2 heroes for sure
  • Options
    I was advised to try Lando as well so maybe he will be good too
    Cannot truly imagine battles in my mind - need testing
  • Options
    @Vlados is lethal on offence against most squads, but is easy to beat when attacking him. I have a feeling Finn Zeta will change that and TBH, along with Lando, a resistance squad will be near enough meta, if not the meta.
  • Options
    I don't see this as a viable squad. The problem here is speed. Poe is to slow to get his taunt of before guys like TFP, JE, or Wiggs go first. That will start you in a hole. I think there isn't enough utility on these toons either compared to rebels or empire. It will likely be just below QGJ zeta tier.
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I don't see this as a viable squad. The problem here is speed. Poe is to slow to get his taunt of before guys like TFP, JE, or Wiggs go first. That will start you in a hole. I think there isn't enough utility on these toons either compared to rebels or empire. It will likely be just below QGJ zeta tier.
    Yeah, 242 speed Poe is real slow...
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

I see your point here, the only fast one on the team is Rey. But Rey being the glass cannon that she is would most likely be targeted first would she not? The rest of the team is fairly solid and would take more than one turn to kill. Which is where this team really shines. Once they get more than 1 turn they can just continue to dump exposes and gain TM where another team would most likely be done after they've gotten off their initial blow.

@ above^
    Guy on my shard runs a 253 speed Poe, but there are people who can easily boost Wiggs to over that, however, Poe is faster than most tanks or other TM manipulating characters. I feel like this team could survive the initial Wiggs onslaught and then start running right through people, but that could just be my thoughts.
  • Options
    What about baze? Taunt at the start of the encounter plus an AoE that ALSO removes buffs.
  • Options
    Lack of dps @Monsterstl
  • Options
    They should make mandatory that the AI always attacks exposed targets, otherwise Finn's zeta will be useless on defense
  • Options
    I think this team will be quite good with Finn's zeta leader...

I like the idea of Yoda w/ zeta BM to give that early foresight and tenacity buff... Finn (L), Poe, RT, Yoda & ? (RP or Boba both seem solid for the last slot)

Shouldn't be too much longer before I can try it out...
  • Options
    I'm also like the finn zeta lead

I think finn,poe,RT,rey and boba for the ability block, AOE and cleansing

rey and boba have good dps and rey zeta do daze good counter for most meta
  • Options
    Nothing I see since I've posted here has really came up with answer to the fact that this team has nothing out of the gate. Until the squad gets an AOE that can expose on a fast toon that does lots of damage it looks stuck in the mud.
  • Options
    Nothing I see since I've posted here has really came up with answer to the fact that this team has nothing out of the gate. Until the squad gets an AOE that can expose on a fast toon that does lots of damage it looks stuck in the mud.
    Poe goes first and removes TM. Pretty sure that explains it.
  • Options

Poe does not go first. Explain to me how Poe gets near 300 speed like JE Yoda and TFP?
  • Options
    @Vertigo Cassians crippling shot will only inflict one of each debuff. You wont get multiple exposes added.
  • Options

Poe does not go first. Explain to me how Poe gets near 300 speed like JE Yoda and TFP?

Maybe put boba in and ability block
  • Options
    Josh_K wrote: »
    @Vertigo Cassians crippling shot will only inflict one of each debuff. You wont get multiple exposes added.

@Josh_K If there are multiple enemies exposed, doesn't he inflict expose multiple times? I've seen him expose multiple times in a video, but maybe that was actually linked to Jyn.

This is the one problem. Poe isn't that fast and will lose to teams that can go first AND inflict debuffs or tenacity up. It shouldn't be too problematic against wiggs as the team is fairly chunky overall, but if tenacity up gets set on the other side, theyre basically **** outta luck. However same can be said for Zeta Vader.
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Options
    Its linked to jyns lead. Each debuff has a 50% chance to land an expose.
  • Options
    Oh, thats too bad. Although Cassian would still supply fairly good DPS and another expose to the enemy team. But might need to find someone else for that slot. Boba could do as he's got an AOE and can avoid taunts to target exposed characters.

Finn (Z-L), Poe, RT, Rey, Boba

Not heavy AOE damage, but with enough exposes going you can go over and over and over again as long as Poe gets 3 exposes, or Finn and RT get one in. Rey and Boba are probably enough DPS overall combined with the exposes, and a fast enough Boba could ability block the enemy initially. Would solve the problem against Rex, but a speedy yoda will outspeed Boba and Poe any day, but at least it'd make an empire team have to choose who to ability block first.
  • Options

Depends how nasty your shard is. Mine isn't too bad, so 250 Poe speed will get you going first against almost every team.
  • Options
    Just Zeta'd this earlier today. Having success with Finn (Z-L), Poe, RT, Rey, Boba, (all gear 11).

I went into this thinking it needed AOE, but if I single target exposes, the TM is plenty to allow the team to take a stupid amount of turns in a row. A lot of fun.

Different story on D because AI.
  • Options
    wing_ding wrote: »
    Just Zeta'd this earlier today. Having success with Finn (Z-L), Poe, RT, Rey, Boba, (all gear 11).

I went into this thinking it needed AOE, but if I single target exposes, the TM is plenty to allow the team to take a **** amount of turns in a row. A lot of fun.

Could you record a video fighting different teams?
  • Options

I went into this thinking it needed AOE, but if I single target exposes, the TM is plenty to allow the team to take a **** amount of turns in a row. A lot of fun.

I'd love to see a video of it in action.
  • Options

Could you record a video fighting different teams?

• wing_ding
    13 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    can you record on IOS?

Here is a tease:

kYWLACw.png
    IokNo5g.png
    UCqyCXE.png

Can successfully defend, but if Poe is ability blocked or stunned, it is beaten with the other team having 5/5 protection.

Edit - this is from the same team, two different battles hence the background. I just forgot to screenshot the end of the first one, almost identical results.

• Options
    can you record on IOS?

Here is a tease:

kYWLACw.png
    IokNo5g.png
    UCqyCXE.png

Can successfully defend, but if Poe is ability blocked or stunned, it is beaten with the other team having 5/5 protection.

Edit - this is from the same team, two different battles hence the background. I just forgot to screenshot the end of the first one, almost identical results.

What if Poe isn't ability blocked but Yoda grants tenacity up?